Skip to Next Poll »
4
Do Steeler fans have any other argument other than, "Look how many rings we have?"

It seems like everytime anybody says anything bad about the Steelers, 95% if Steeler fans use that argument, and only that argument. Do they have any other arguments?

| Closed on 01/04/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | NFL | Numeric Input Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
13 Fans
Question
-8056.251. Do Steeler fans have any other argument other than, "Look how many rings we have?"

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#7 | 966 days ago

(Edited by Joe_L)
So let me get this right. A Packer fan is b**ching about how many rings the Steelers have and makes a poll about how they shouldn't talk about them. Did everybody get the part where the Packer fan, not a Steeler fan is talking about how many rings they have? WOW!
Who gives a f**k about the rings.....


  
30 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 966 days ago

I'm not trying to start anyting.
I just wanna know, if anyone else heard any other argument when someone says anything bad about them?

The NFL is about the now. It isn't about the past. You could have won 5 Superbowls in a row, but if that was 20 years ago, it doesn't matter now. Does it? It is just annoying hearing this all the time. If the Packers have a bad game, I don't say, "Hey, we won the FIRST TWO Superbowls so we obviously don't suck." Put the beer down, and be quit, please.

The now is from that first Sunday in February, until the next first Sunday in February.
The now is that Green Bay is 12-0, and the defending Champions. We did that now, not THEN.
#2 | 966 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Well the Rams are the only franchise to win NFL championships in 3 different cities (Cleveland, LA & St. Louis).
Miami is the only ones to finish the season undefeated (17-0 1972).
New England is the only ones to go through the regular season 16-0.
Pittsburgh has 6 rings (7 if you count their bathtub).

Until they finish what they start, what's your point, other that most (not all) Steeler fans are a-holes?
2000  
#3 | 966 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Well the Rams are the only franchise to win NFL championships in 3 different cities (Cleveland, LA & St. Louis).
Miami is the only ones to finish the season undefeated (17-0 1972).
New England is the only ones to go through the regular season 16-0.
Pittsburgh has 6 rings (7 if you count their bathtub).

Until they finish what they start, what's your point, other that most (not all) Steeler fans are a-holes?
What I am saying, is that is the past. To shut up, and let the past be the past. That anybody can argue anything, like all that you pointed out. To stfu for once.
#4 | 966 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Well the Rams are the only franchise to win NFL championships in 3 different cities (Cleveland, LA & St. Louis).
Miami is the only ones to finish the season undefeated (17-0 1972).
New England is the only ones to go through the regular season 16-0.
Pittsburgh has 6 rings (7 if you count their bathtub).

Until they finish what they start, what's your point, other that most (not all) Steeler fans are a-holes?
What I am saying is that is the past. Let the past be the past. This has nothing to do with the Packers. I am just making a point that practically any team can make a stupid ass argument if they want. To have the Steelers fans blow one and shut up
#5 | 966 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Cowboy fans are clinging to the old 70s tag "America's Team", when clearly they aren't. New England fans are annoying. New York fans have no reason to be as boastful as they are. The Bears haven't done anything since 1985. Baltimore? Please! Why not throw all of them into the same mass grave? What makes them any better or worse than Cheeseheads?

Again, until the Packers run the table, humility is the best course for all of you! I've made the same argument for Yankee, Red Sox, Red Wings and other fans in other sports. Be fanatical, but don't be a douche.
2000  
#6 | 966 days ago

I Don't Care Who You Are... I'm A Disgruntled Seahawks Fan (SB XL)

Well, What I Meant To Say, Is That's All The Argument You Gonna Need!

!@#$%^&*
311  
#7 | 966 days ago

(Edited by Joe_L)
So let me get this right. A Packer fan is b**ching about how many rings the Steelers have and makes a poll about how they shouldn't talk about them. Did everybody get the part where the Packer fan, not a Steeler fan is talking about how many rings they have? WOW!
Who gives a f**k about the rings.....


#8 | 966 days ago

I am a Skins fan, I have nothing to argue about. Hmmm, checked your age, now I understand.
#9 | 966 days ago
BDV4U (+)

JenX63 wrote:
I am a Skins fan, I have nothing to argue about. Hmmm, checked your age, now I understand.
Not to mention living practically in Heinz Field's backyard! LMAO
2000  
#10 | 966 days ago

I rarely discuss how many rings the Steelers have.  And I'm not getting into it with a 20 yr old.
#11 | 966 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Not to mention living practically in Heinz Field's backyard! LMAO
Oh! I didnt notice that. I can see how that would bother also.
#12 | 965 days ago

man the Browns won a bunch of CHampionships, and they suck, not really sure what you are looking for, but Pittsburgh fans are enjoying their run, let 'em, all good things come crashing to reality, just like one day and I mean one day, a true Steeler fan will realize Polamalu misses double the amt of tackles he actually makes
123  
#13 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

derms33 wrote:
man the Browns won a bunch of CHampionships, and they suck, not really sure what you are looking for, but Pittsburgh fans are enjoying their run, let 'em, all good things come crashing to reality, just like one day and I mean one day, a true Steeler fan will realize Polamalu misses double the amt of tackles he actually makes
You mean like the Pirates were once a proud and storied franchise?
2000  
#14 | 965 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
You mean like the Pirates were once a proud and storied franchise?
they actually thought the Pirates were going to the playoffs last year
123  
#15 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

derms33 wrote:
they actually thought the Pirates were going to the playoffs last year
Until Independence Day and the All-Star Break thing happened. Someone forgot to tell them there was a 2nd Half to the season!
2000  
#16 | 965 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Until Independence Day and the All-Star Break thing happened. Someone forgot to tell them there was a 2nd Half to the season!
Ha!! I wish I could find some of Kramers posts...he was ready to buy playoff tickets in June
49  
#17 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Michael_G wrote:
Ha!! I wish I could find some of Kramers posts...he was ready to buy playoff tickets in June
After nearly a score without a sniff of .500, I'm sure he was! I would love to be a fly on the wall as he sees what Miami is doing, while Pittsburgh sits on their hands.
2000  
#18 | 965 days ago

There's little doubt the Steelers have a sh**ty part of their fanbase, but that's true with any team, especially one with a large following.

I'm sure it sucks for the poll creator being a fan of a different team than the local one and I'm sure if the Vikings were more successful, I'd feel the same way rooting for the Chiefs in Minnesota.
#19 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Chief_aka_James wrote:
There's little doubt the Steelers have a sh**ty part of their fanbase, but that's true with any team, especially one with a large following.

I'm sure it sucks for the poll creator being a fan of a different team than the local one and I'm sure if the Vikings were more successful, I'd feel the same way rooting for the Chiefs in Minnesota.
As do I being a Cardinals fan in Reds Country.
2000  
#20 | 965 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
As do I being a Cardinals fan in Reds Country.
It says on your favorite teams you're also a Reds fan though...how does that work?
#21 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Chief_aka_James wrote:
It says on your favorite teams you're also a Reds fan though...how does that work?
Short-version of the long story, my 11-year-old is a Reds fan and the Reds Community Fund has funneled thousands of dollars, since 2008, into the youth baseball program I ran (and will probably be talked into running again). It's more of a courtesy, than a desire.
2000  
#22 | 965 days ago

BDV4U wrote:
Short-version of the long story, my 11-year-old is a Reds fan and the Reds Community Fund has funneled thousands of dollars, since 2008, into the youth baseball program I ran (and will probably be talked into running again). It's more of a courtesy, than a desire.
Ahh, that makes a lot of sense then.
#23 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

Chief_aka_James wrote:
Ahh, that makes a lot of sense then.
I used to have the Bengals on my list when I was working for Paul Brown Stadium, but that franchise is such a joke I won't associate my name with it! LMAO
2000  
#24 | 965 days ago
18packabs (+)

Is their another arguement we need?
#25 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

18packabs wrote:
Is their another arguement we need?
How about the use of their/there/they're? LOL
2000  
#26 | 965 days ago
18packabs (+)

BDV4U wrote:
How about the use of their/there/they're? LOL
Oops, Hadn't had Coffee yet.
#27 | 965 days ago
BDV4U (+)

18packabs wrote:
Oops, Hadn't had Coffee yet.
Understand. 8 AM and still haven't gone to bed.
2000  
#28 | 965 days ago

gau13 wrote:
What I am saying is that is the past. Let the past be the past. This has nothing to do with the Packers. I am just making a point that practically any team can make a stupid ass argument if they want. To have the Steelers fans blow one and shut up
Are you saying that when you are talking about this season and the Packers, Steelers fans throw the # of rings in your face? Because if so, just stop talking to them. They're douchey (minus one or two). They should have a better argument this year, so if that's all they can come up with, it's not really worth the conversation, is it?
#29 | 918 days ago

PAST IS THE PAST!!!!! THIS IS 2012 HELLO IS THERE ANY BODY OUT THERE!!
0  
#30 | 918 days ago


Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
NFL**Tennessee Titans**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, TEN, SF | 8 questions asked 06/30/14
48 predictions | Last by bulls5 | 22 hours left
2014 AFC West Prediction: How will each team in the AFC West finish this season?
Asked by RaiderSteeler15 | NFL | 4 questions asked 07/21/14
24 predictions | Last by Dream_Machine
2014 NFC North Prediction: How will each team in the NFC North finish this season?
Asked by RaiderSteeler15 | NFL | 4 questions asked 07/21/14
20 predictions | Last by Dream_Machine
2014 NFC South Prediction: How will each team in the NFC South finish this season?
Asked by RaiderSteeler15 | NFL | 4 questions asked 07/21/14
20 predictions | Last by Dream_Machine
2014 NFC East Prediction: How will each team in the NFC East finish this season?
Asked by RaiderSteeler15 | NFL | 4 questions asked 07/20/14
20 predictions | Last by Dream_Machine