Skip to Next Poll »
10
Music. Makes the people. Come together. Yeah.
I love music.  I love driving down the highway with the windows down and the music blaring, singing at the top of my lungs.  There are songs that speak to me when my foot is on the gas pedal.  What is your favorite song to listen to when you're driving 100 miles an hour?
| Closed on 01/18/12 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Music | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
21 Fans 
29%a. This one.
10%b. That one.
14%c. The other one.
38%d. The "other" other one.
0%e. I don't drive.
5%f. I don't listen to music.
5%g. I'm a nazi.

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#10 | 950 days ago

Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix.
The "other" other one.  
  
39 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 950 days ago

Three songs off of:

Sweet Child O' Mine,
Welcome to the Jungle, and
Mr. Brownstone
The "other" other one.  
#2 | 950 days ago

California Love - Tupac

East Bound and Down - Jerry Reed

These are the frist two that came to mind, but the title of the poll made me think of this song.

 

 

I've been alive forever
And I wrote the very first song
I put the words and the melodies together
I am music
And I write the songs

[Chorus:]
I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs

My home lies deep within you
And I've got my own place in your soul
Now when I look out through your eyes
I'm young again, even tho' I'm very old

I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs

Oh, my music makes you dance and gives you spirit to take a chance
And I wrote some rock 'n roll so you can move
Music fills your heart, well that's a real find place to start
It's from me, it's for you
It's from you, it's for me
It's a worldwide symphony

I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs

I write the songs that make the whole world sing
I write the songs of love and special things
I write the songs that make the young girls cry
I write the songs, I write the songs

I am music and I write the songs

#3 | 950 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Never driven that fast.

Some that come to mind would be;

I can't drive 55 - Sammy Hagar  

Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane

Anything from the KILL EM ALL (Metallica) or VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER (Pantera) albums.

The other one.  
#4 | 950 days ago

 Going 100?

Usually Metallica, just because it's loaded on my Ipod.  Most metal stuff will make have to do triple takes on speedometer.  Also depends on my mood.  I mean I can drive fast if I start belting out some Biggie or Jay-Z also.
The other one.  
#5 | 950 days ago

Takin It To The Streets...Doobie Brothers
Fly Like An Eagle..Steve Miller Band
Any Allman Bros. song that is over 12 minutes long. :))
#6 | 950 days ago

"Danger Zone" by Kenny Loggins... but really, I'll drive fast while listening to just about anything.
#7 | 950 days ago

tooooooooo many to list............but they have to be OLDIES........lol..................
#8 | 950 days ago
unopescatore (+)

85 is my top speed.....so I dunno
#9 | 950 days ago

Time  by Pink Floyd. 
This one.  
#10 | 950 days ago

Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix.
The "other" other one.  
#11 | 950 days ago

I don't know if my Scion can reach such speeds.  And even if it could, it can't.  Jersey traffic and all. 

However, there are a lot of songs that I assign for different driving moods:

-  For "I'm driving somewhere and need to lay down a dose of assertive bitch when I get there":  Amerie - Take Control
-  For "I'm driving a belting it out at the top of my lungs":  Aretha Franklin - Natural Woman
-  For "I'm driving for a long period of time and want to listen to a full album":  The Velvet Rope - Janet Jackson
-  For "I'm driving to work and really, really, really don't feel like going in":  Dolly Parton - 9-5
-  For "I'm driving with a passenger and it's just kind of background music":  Black Violin - Fanfare
The "other" other one.  
#12 | 950 days ago

I've got a LOT of em....(See Opening Lines to Songs polls)...but some of my faves are:

Born to be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride-Steppenwolf
Roll With the Changes-REO Speedwagon
Red Barchetta-Rush
Ah Leah!-Donnie Iris
Black Dog-Led Zeppelin

There are a LOT.  I LOVE the 6 CD Changer in my car, with the seventh single CD player...
This one.  
#13 | 950 days ago

(Edited by ohwell_)
the last time i drove 105 mph was the night I had the front tire blow out on my 71 Chevy C10 pick-up.
Hit a telephone poll, 2 parked cars and a garage.  Interestingly enough- Life in the Fast Lane (Eagles) was on the stereo.
I save my speeding for PB I Speedway (formerly Moroso).  
Two cracked ribs, bruise in the shape of the steering wheel, a black eye, concussion  and 29 stiches in my shins.

Ave. speed 80 now on the highway, tunes by

Korn, 311, and Tool.

Speed kills.......wear a seatbelt!!!
The other one.  
#14 | 950 days ago

ohwell_ wrote:
the last time i drove 105 mph was the night I had the front tire blow out on my 71 Chevy C10 pick-up.
Hit a telephone poll, 2 parked cars and a garage.  Interestingly enough- Life in the Fast Lane (Eagles) was on the stereo.
I save my speeding for PB I Speedway (formerly Moroso).  
Two cracked ribs, bruise in the shape of the steering wheel, a black eye, concussion  and 29 stiches in my shins.

Ave. speed 80 now on the highway, tunes by

Korn, 311, and Tool.

Speed kills.......wear a seatbelt!!!
I gave you a funny for the fact your Chevy 10 could do 105mph! LOL...It didn`t happen on your birthday did it? GO Red Wings! :)
#15 | 950 days ago

(Edited by ohwell_)
hockey54 wrote:
I gave you a funny for the fact your Chevy 10 could do 105mph! LOL...It didn`t happen on your birthday did it? GO Red Wings! :)
No, I took a summer tour of the U.S. after I graduated high school, drag racing on the highway to pay for the trip.
I wrecked the truck in Spotsylvania, VA .   That truck was bad *ss.   My sister drove up from Florida to get me, and
that is how I ended up stuck here.      Homemade blackberry wine.   ****ing hillbillies.





Edited,   I can't spell fer Sh*t.
The other one.  
#16 | 950 days ago

ohwell_ wrote:
No, I took a summer tour of the U.S. after I graduated high school, drag racing on the highway to pay for the trip.
I wrecked the truck in Spotsylvania, VA .   That truck was bad *ss.   My sister drove up from Florida to get me, and
that is how I ended up stuck here.      Homemade blackberry wine.   ****ing hillbillies.





Edited,   I can't spell fer Sh*t.
Yeehaaw! Git er done.  All of a sudden I hear banjos for some reason. :( bahaha
#17 | 950 days ago

hockey54 wrote:
Takin It To The Streets...Doobie Brothers
Fly Like An Eagle..Steve Miller Band
Any Allman Bros. song that is over 12 minutes long. :))

I live 6 miles from my work,usually pop in Freebird-LS,Roundabout,StarshipTrooper-Yes,Dreams,InMemory of ElizabethReed-ABB
Today I had early Chicago.
 Never driven over 100mph - Walton County Sheriffs(FLA)and my wife would shoot me!
 

#18 | 950 days ago

Thunderstruck by AcDc
That one.  
#19 | 950 days ago

Boston - Rock & Roll Band
ACDC - Highway to Hell; TNT; You Shook Me All Night Long
Alice Cooper - No More Mr Nice Guy
Van Halen - (almost anything)
Whitesnake - Here I Go Again
The "other" other one.  
#20 | 950 days ago

 Almost any of the songs listed above would do it for me, but my very favoritist would be Billy Idol - Rebel Yell, White Wedding, Dancing with Myself.....

Def Leppard - Armageddon it, Animal, Pour Some Sugar on Me

Van Halen - Panama, Jump,

Crap.  Gotta make some music for the morning drive now........

The "other" other one.  
#21 | 950 days ago

I've got a Ramones CD in the car for when I feel fast.

Fun trivia fact..."I Write the Songs" was not written by Barry Manilow...it was written by Bruce Johnston, who is best known as a member of The Beach Boys.
This one.  
#22 | 950 days ago

MIKELIN8 wrote:
I've got a Ramones CD in the car for when I feel fast.

Fun trivia fact..."I Write the Songs" was not written by Barry Manilow...it was written by Bruce Johnston, who is best known as a member of The Beach Boys.
...AND it was on the Captain and Tenille's first album, "Love Will Keep Us Together"....I think before Manilow released it
This one.  
#23 | 949 days ago

Domino by KISS, Panama- Van Halen, I Can't Drive 55 by Hagar, Never Enough by 5 Finger Death Punch, Ruff Ryders Anthem by DMX, Hand on the Pump by Cypress Hill
That one.  
#24 | 949 days ago

Whitney Houston doesn't like to go over 85 anymore, but... I always drive fast so whatever I'm listening to is my favorite. I have 2 different sort of short mixed playlists. Then I have genre specific ones with every song on there in it depending on my mood. Road trips usually mean at least one eminem cd, t.i's paper trail, tupac's greatest disc 1, and jay-z's the blueprint all get played.
#25 | 949 days ago

I like these -


Subdivisions - RUSH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9Ycq64Gy4&feature=player_detailpage

Comfortably Numb - PINK FLOYD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1htZFVGsBMw&feature=player_detailpage

Die My Darling - KITTIE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ287HJfoZY&feature=player_detailpage
This one.  
#26 | 948 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
I don't know if my Scion can reach such speeds.  And even if it could, it can't.  Jersey traffic and all. 

However, there are a lot of songs that I assign for different driving moods:

-  For "I'm driving somewhere and need to lay down a dose of assertive bitch when I get there":  Amerie - Take Control
-  For "I'm driving a belting it out at the top of my lungs":  Aretha Franklin - Natural Woman
-  For "I'm driving for a long period of time and want to listen to a full album":  The Velvet Rope - Janet Jackson
-  For "I'm driving to work and really, really, really don't feel like going in":  Dolly Parton - 9-5
-  For "I'm driving with a passenger and it's just kind of background music":  Black Violin - Fanfare
Have you heard mary's new cd yet?
#27 | 948 days ago

Arizona - KOL
Still Po' Pimpin - Do or Die
Anything by Bob Seger
MGMT - anything off Oracular Spectacular
Phoenix - Lisztomania

Just to name a few....
#28 | 948 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Arizona - KOL
Still Po' Pimpin - Do or Die
Anything by Bob Seger
MGMT - anything off Oracular Spectacular
Phoenix - Lisztomania

Just to name a few....
Aww sh**. Do you wanna ride...in the back seat of my caddy...chop it up with Do or die.


(i hate you right now because that song never fails to get stuck)
#29 | 948 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Aww sh**. Do you wanna ride...in the back seat of my caddy...chop it up with Do or die.


(i hate you right now because that song never fails to get stuck)
That one is actually the original.  I love that one as well, but the sequel is my favorite.  DoD's first two albums were the sh*t.  Still bump them on the reg.  My favorite rap/hip-hop concert behind The Roots, Kanye, and Wu Tang. 
#30 | 948 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
That one is actually the original.  I love that one as well, but the sequel is my favorite.  DoD's first two albums were the sh*t.  Still bump them on the reg.  My favorite rap/hip-hop concert behind The Roots, Kanye, and Wu Tang. 
Yes, I saw the "Still Po' Pimpin"... I'm not a tard all of the time, but it triggered the original. You like The Roots? Whoa... the more I know...
#31 | 948 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Yes, I saw the "Still Po' Pimpin"... I'm not a tard all of the time, but it triggered the original. You like The Roots? Whoa... the more I know...
Gotcha.  I don't like The Roots, I love them.  Been listening to them since Organix.  You a fan? 
#32 | 948 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Gotcha.  I don't like The Roots, I love them.  Been listening to them since Organix.  You a fan? 
Yes.
#33 | 948 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Gotcha.  I don't like The Roots, I love them.  Been listening to them since Organix.  You a fan? 
You on Spotify?
#34 | 948 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
You on Spotify?
Didn't know what it was til just now.
#35 | 948 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Didn't know what it was til just now.
It's like Napster w/o the viruses.  Not sure if it's invite only still at this stage, but it should be available soon for everyone.  Let me know if you sign up and I'll share my Roots/Hip-Hop albums with you.
#36 | 948 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
It's like Napster w/o the viruses.  Not sure if it's invite only still at this stage, but it should be available soon for everyone.  Let me know if you sign up and I'll share my Roots/Hip-Hop albums with you.
I'll signup when I get home, at some point.
#37 | 948 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
Have you heard mary's new cd yet?
Yes, and so far I only love her remake of Chaka.  I haven't listened to it thoroughly, though.
The "other" other one.  
#38 | 948 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
Yes, and so far I only love her remake of Chaka.  I haven't listened to it thoroughly, though.
Ok- Not getting good reviews on this one- she made a Keith Sweat type album- nothing but crying
#39 | 935 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
Voodoo Chile by Jimi Hendrix.
Voodoo Chile is a great choice............But my favorite Jimi song for driving would be Machine gun.

Besides Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) There is always Radar Love and Twilight Zone (Golden Earring).

My personal favorite is....................Lawers Guns and Money.


The "other" other one.  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Love 'em, but...
Asked by Jess | Locker Room, Music | 1 questions asked 07/02/14
6 opinions | 13 comments | Last by Beaneaters
What is your single of the year #4
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #2
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
110 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #3
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
Which song is your favorite
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/07/12
240 opinions | 9 comments | Last by SOONERS1980