Skip to Next Poll »
6
Best of the Best in the NL
Rank in order who will come in First Place, Second Place, Third Place and Wild Card in the NL?


For the 5th selection who will best dead last in the NL?
Scored by Scott on 10/30/12 at 05:04AM | Closed on 03/16/12 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? 5 | MLB, NL | Prediction List
Team Breakout:
RankCorrect Answer17 FansPts
1.Washington Nationals Philadelphia Phillies 0.0
2.Cincinnati Reds Miami Marlins 0.0
3.San Francisco GiantsSt. Louis Cardinals 0.0
4.Atlanta Braves Arizona Diamondbacks0.0
5.Houston Astros San Francisco Giants1.9
Also receiving votes:Atlanta Braves  
Cincinnati Reds  
Milwaukee Brewers  
Chicago Cubs  
Los Angeles Dodgers 
Houston Astros  
Pittsburgh Pirates  
Colorado Rockies 
New York Mets  
San Diego Padres 

  
10 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 918 days ago


national  League Championship Series

s
1. Cincinnati Reds   2. Chicago Cubs   3. Atlanta Braves   4. New York Mets   5. Philadelphia Phillies   
#2 | 915 days ago

brandoninglin wrote:

national  League Championship Series

s
Phillies last??
1. Philadelphia Phillies   2. Milwaukee Brewers   3. Miami Marlins   4. St. Louis Cardinals   5. San Diego Padres  
#3 | 898 days ago

???   There are 3 divisions....   That means there are 3 first place teams, 3 second place teams, etc. 

This poll is impossible to answer.
#4 | 897 days ago

ML31 wrote:
???   There are 3 divisions....   That means there are 3 first place teams, 3 second place teams, etc. 

This poll is impossible to answer.
You have the team with the most wins which is 1 place, 2 place team best team of the other two divisions and 3rd place which is the 3 place division winner the team with the most losses out of the division winners da.
1. Philadelphia Phillies   2. Cincinnati Reds   3. San Francisco Giants  4. Miami Marlins   5. Pittsburgh Pirates   
#5 | 897 days ago

ML31 wrote:
???   There are 3 divisions....   That means there are 3 first place teams, 3 second place teams, etc. 

This poll is impossible to answer.
Say Phily has the most wins in the NL they will take credit for first place. Well then you pick out of the other divisions who will have the most wins and least wins then you get to pick a wild card and then the Worst team in the NL. Easy other people get it just not you i guess it the salt water from the Ocean your not thinking great.
1. Philadelphia Phillies   2. Cincinnati Reds   3. San Francisco Giants  4. Miami Marlins   5. Pittsburgh Pirates   
#6 | 894 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Say Phily has the most wins in the NL they will take credit for first place. Well then you pick out of the other divisions who will have the most wins and least wins then you get to pick a wild card and then the Worst team in the NL. Easy other people get it just not you i guess it the salt water from the Ocean your not thinking great.
If, for example, the Phils have 98 wins, Giants have 96 wins, the Snakes have 94, the Rox 93, the Marlins have 92 and the Cards win their division with 89.  The Giants and Cards are both 1st place teams.   But the Giants have the 2nd best record and the Cards have the 6th best record.  So, you aren't looking for 1st place or 2nd place, etc...  You are asking for the top 4 records in MLB.    Which is NOT the same as placing.

A lot of people don't understand how a car starts either.  That doesn't stop them from starting one.
#7 | 893 days ago

ML31 wrote:
If, for example, the Phils have 98 wins, Giants have 96 wins, the Snakes have 94, the Rox 93, the Marlins have 92 and the Cards win their division with 89.  The Giants and Cards are both 1st place teams.   But the Giants have the 2nd best record and the Cards have the 6th best record.  So, you aren't looking for 1st place or 2nd place, etc...  You are asking for the top 4 records in MLB.    Which is NOT the same as placing.

A lot of people don't understand how a car starts either.  That doesn't stop them from starting one.
Who is the best team in the NL wins the first sport.  The team with the most wins. Second Team is the division winner who has the most wins after that then you have the last division winner with the least wins. Then you have the wild card and in many cases could have more win then usally the best team. But know you have two wild card not hard to think about. What Team is best what team is second best ouf of the divsion winners blah blah blah
1. Philadelphia Phillies   2. Cincinnati Reds   3. San Francisco Giants  4. Miami Marlins   5. Pittsburgh Pirates   
#8 | 893 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
Who is the best team in the NL wins the first sport.  The team with the most wins. Second Team is the division winner who has the most wins after that then you have the last division winner with the least wins. Then you have the wild card and in many cases could have more win then usally the best team. But know you have two wild card not hard to think about. What Team is best what team is second best ouf of the divsion winners blah blah blah
Wait...  Are you saying the best team in many cases DOESN'T have the best record?  That's ludicrous. 

Look...  Just say you are asking for the best W-L records and forget about this 1st and 2nd place stuff because there are 3 first place teams in the League.  It sounds like that is what you are looking for.
#9 | 893 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Wait...  Are you saying the best team in many cases DOESN'T have the best record?  That's ludicrous. 

Look...  Just say you are asking for the best W-L records and forget about this 1st and 2nd place stuff because there are 3 first place teams in the League.  It sounds like that is what you are looking for.
You always have an 1,2,3 place division winner. 1st place division winner has the most benifets when it comes to playoffs.
1. Philadelphia Phillies   2. Cincinnati Reds   3. San Francisco Giants  4. Miami Marlins   5. Pittsburgh Pirates   
#10 | 893 days ago

TatsuKlinga2812812 wrote:
You always have an 1,2,3 place division winner. 1st place division winner has the most benifets when it comes to playoffs.
No, there are no division winners who aren't in first place.  It is impossible to win a division w/o being in first place.

The team with the best record gets almost no benefits in the post season.   In fact, the wild card team is often the team with the biggest advantage in the playoffs.  Which is just one of the myriad of reasons it shouldn't exist.

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*8/22
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked 08/18/14
48 predictions | Last by Scott | 13 hours left
AL Pitchers Individual Over/Under - 8/22
Asked by Scott | MLB, STL | 14 questions asked Yesterday
98 predictions | Last by Scott | 18 hours left
NL Pitchers Individual Over/Under - 8/22
Asked by Scott | MLB, STL | 16 questions asked 08/20/14
128 predictions | Last by Scott | 13 hours left
Atlanta Braves @ Cincinnati Reds 8/22/2014
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | MLB, ATL, CIN | 10 questions asked 08/20/14
80 predictions | Last by jdk1948 | 18 hours left
MLB*Chasing Joe D*The FanIQ Hitting Streak*8/25
Asked by Michael_G | MLB, BOS, SF | 3 questions asked Yesterday
9 predictions | Last by JenX63