Skip to Next Poll »
16
Jess's DQ: 3/2/2012
Today's Question of the Day was sparked by a few status messages on my FB feed...What's your pet peeve about the opposite sex?

(Let's not be too mean though mkay?)
| Closed on 03/03/12 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
23 Fans 
70%a. My pet peeve is this...
22%b. These..
9%c. I don't wanna play

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#7 | 932 days ago

They speak.
I don't wanna play  
  
42 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 932 days ago

Wow- this is going to spark a riot angel


Emotional
My pet peeve is this...  
#2 | 932 days ago

Oh god... I won't get into it since it will open a can of worms I am sure lol
#3 | 932 days ago

(Edited by woody050681)
I don't have pet peeves, only women do that....cheeky


But if I did ever have a pet peeve about women it'd be the fact that they're always right, even when they're wrong wink
My pet peeve is this...  
#4 | 932 days ago

I personally don't have many - most generalities you guys have tend to amuse me more than annoy me.

I'll answer though - hmm..probably the fact that (most) guys (I know) tend to be up for a good fisticuffs at the drop of the hat. I'm not talking about wanting to see a fight at a hockey game or watch MMA etc...I'm talking about wanting to get into it with some stranger because he's "mad doggin" them. 
My pet peeve is this...  
#5 | 932 days ago

(Edited by woody050681)
Jess wrote:
I personally don't have many - most generalities you guys have tend to amuse me more than annoy me.

I'll answer though - hmm..probably the fact that (most) guys (I know) tend to be up for a good fisticuffs at the drop of the hat. I'm not talking about wanting to see a fight at a hockey game or watch MMA etc...I'm talking about wanting to get into it with some stranger because he's "mad doggin" them. 
probably the fact that (most) guys (I know) tend to be up for a good fisticuffs at the drop of the hat.

You think so huh? You wanna fight about that, cause I will! laugh

"If you want to throw down in fisticuffs, fine. I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'
Leary waiting for you, right here."
My pet peeve is this...  
#6 | 932 days ago

1.   They snore.
My pet peeve is this...  
#7 | 932 days ago

They speak.
I don't wanna play  
#8 | 932 days ago

My pet peeves pretty much fall into the same category....not being on time and taking way too long to get ready.  Normally I would say checking facebook about 9'000 times a day, but my gf doesn't have that addiction.  PinInterest or whatever it's called....now that's another story, but she's usually on that while I'm watching sports.

Jess, I hear you on guys wanting to fight....when they're younger.  I grew out of that phase in college, though.  That said, there are definitely exceptions to the rule.  I find that most guys rocking Affliction shirts think the shirt = toughness.  That's why I steer clear of bars that show the UFC.  Not only am I not much of a fan, I don't need Tommy Toughnuts with a Napoleon Complex trying to fight me because I cheered for the wrong fighter.

For those of you that like egging them on, ask them if the glitter on their shirt is from the strip club.  That usually elicits a pretty funny response.   
#9 | 932 days ago

The fact that the toilet seat must ALWAYS be in the down position because they won't look and fall into the bowl.  I have no problem checking on the position of the seat and adjusting it appropriately...
#10 | 932 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
My pet peeves pretty much fall into the same category....not being on time and taking way too long to get ready.  Normally I would say checking facebook about 9'000 times a day, but my gf doesn't have that addiction.  PinInterest or whatever it's called....now that's another story, but she's usually on that while I'm watching sports.

Jess, I hear you on guys wanting to fight....when they're younger.  I grew out of that phase in college, though.  That said, there are definitely exceptions to the rule.  I find that most guys rocking Affliction shirts think the shirt = toughness.  That's why I steer clear of bars that show the UFC.  Not only am I not much of a fan, I don't need Tommy Toughnuts with a Napoleon Complex trying to fight me because I cheered for the wrong fighter.

For those of you that like egging them on, ask them if the glitter on their shirt is from the strip club.  That usually elicits a pretty funny response.   
Hear-Hear... good call on the MMA bars.  I also do a 180 out of a bar that has the "Punch Force" game or just one Pool Table
#11 | 932 days ago

Jess wrote:
I personally don't have many - most generalities you guys have tend to amuse me more than annoy me.

I'll answer though - hmm..probably the fact that (most) guys (I know) tend to be up for a good fisticuffs at the drop of the hat. I'm not talking about wanting to see a fight at a hockey game or watch MMA etc...I'm talking about wanting to get into it with some stranger because he's "mad doggin" them. 
By the way, is "mad doggin'" the same thing as "mean muggin'?" 
#12 | 932 days ago

that they need 100 reasons why .when you wanna do something or go somewhere with friends...............frown
#13 | 932 days ago

This isn't all women, but anyway...

The group photo anytime 3 or more of 'them' get together at any restaurant/bar/club/BBQ, etc. For some reason this drives me nuts. ALL 4 GAZZILION OF YOUR PICS LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why? Why do I need to be involved? Why would I want to pose with some other dudes i Just met? Facebook and cam phones are really enabling at this point too.

I swear i f i ever get married this is going to be the tipping point that leads to the divorce. Or our 19 yr old Brazilian Au pair CeliaRita.
My pet peeve is this...  
#14 | 932 days ago

beerstudk wrote:
Hear-Hear... good call on the MMA bars.  I also do a 180 out of a bar that has the "Punch Force" game or just one Pool Table
Hahahahahaha.  I'm guessing that's the "see how hard you can punch" game.  I once saw a guy get a running start in a valiant attempt at trying to one-up his friend.  I knew right then and there it was time to leave. 
#15 | 932 days ago

women who yak-yak-yak-yak-yak-yak-yak-yak, geez take a breath, your not the only person in the room.
My pet peeve is this...  
#16 | 932 days ago

They think they're going to pull a robbery on me when I'm picking up a girl.  Back up, amateurs.
#17 | 932 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
By the way, is "mad doggin'" the same thing as "mean muggin'?" 
Yep, same thing.
My pet peeve is this...  
#18 | 932 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
#19 | 932 days ago
cubsgirl2 (+)

They refuse to admit we are never wrong. 
My pet peeve is this...  
#20 | 932 days ago

Well, guys have that selective hearing thing, for sure, but women seem to have selective memory. I guess that would be my biggest peeve. I like all the rest of the stuff that comes along with them. A bunch.
These..  
#21 | 932 days ago

Totally thought of this when I read it. 
These..  
#22 | 932 days ago

My biggest peeve about the women in my life has to do with the amount of words that they use.
30 words when 3 would do...a 10 minute oration in respose to a simple question...
Sometimes I am more amazed than peeved. I just don't have the need to speak that much...
My pet peeve is this...  
#23 | 932 days ago

Why ask us questions you don't REALLY want us to answer? 

Why ask us for directions when YOU are driving, yet try to tell us where to go when WE are driving??

Do We REALLLY need to hear how bad your day was??
These..  
#24 | 932 days ago

DeeRigga wrote:
Why ask us questions you don't REALLY want us to answer? 

Why ask us for directions when YOU are driving, yet try to tell us where to go when WE are driving??

Do We REALLLY need to hear how bad your day was??
1 - I'll give you that
2 - I'll give you that too

3 - Like you listen anyway.
My pet peeve is this...  
#25 | 932 days ago

Their opinionated, normally wrong, and still they have/ share them.
#26 | 932 days ago

Kenne wrote:
I wouldn't get too uppity about that.  None of those apply to me, or to almost all the girls I know.  You all better step it up.

OK, before this gets too pissy, here's the disclaimer... This/These do NOT apply to all men.  These are simply stereotypes, and while most many some stereotypes are true, it does not mean that the ones listed necessarily are.  
Now we may proceed.

-  Male pride:  Kind of like what Jess was saying before.  I mean, ok, there are some times when I think confrontation is fine, and times when I can at least understand trying to kick some other dude's ass, but usually it's NOT that serious.

-  Communication:  This is partially our fault, too.  Men and women really DO communicate differently.  Guys are more "problem solvers" while most chicks like to talk out the "it makes me feel..." mess.  Also, I find that most women are more subtle with things because they want the guy to engage them in conversation and actively WANT to know what they think/feel.  Our fault for not being more direct, but seriously.  Sometimes it's amazing to me that men have survived as long as they have with the simplistic way they think.
#27 | 932 days ago

Jess wrote:
1 - I'll give you that
2 - I'll give you that too

3 - Like you listen anyway.
Huh...did you reply???

Oh, and decide, already!!  On ANYTHING...just decide!!
cheeky
These..  
#28 | 932 days ago

The major one is when I'm watching a horse race on TVG that I bet on or the final seconds of a March Madness game for instance and she chooses that time to start telling me a story or even worse tell it while standing between me and the television.
My pet peeve is this...  
#29 | 932 days ago

DeeRigga wrote:
Huh...did you reply???

Oh, and decide, already!!  On ANYTHING...just decide!!
cheeky
That could go both ways though - guys do that too...(or my husband does).

Example:
Me: What do you want for dinner?
Him: Whatever

I worked all day, and on top of that I cleaned the house, did the laundry, took the dogs out for a short walk, got the kid off to school, helped her with her homework when she got home - I'm about to make dinner, and when I ask you what you want me to make it's because if I knew what I wanted for dinner or had the energy to make the decision, or cared, I wouldn't ask! 

OK add that one to mine too - but that must be people in general if girls do it too.
My pet peeve is this...  
#30 | 932 days ago

I wouldn't answer this at gunpoint. surprise
#31 | 932 days ago

Jess wrote:
That could go both ways though - guys do that too...(or my husband does).

Example:
Me: What do you want for dinner?
Him: Whatever

I worked all day, and on top of that I cleaned the house, did the laundry, took the dogs out for a short walk, got the kid off to school, helped her with her homework when she got home - I'm about to make dinner, and when I ask you what you want me to make it's because if I knew what I wanted for dinner or had the energy to make the decision, or cared, I wouldn't ask! 

OK add that one to mine too - but that must be people in general if girls do it too.
That is a fair one...food is food when we aren't cooking, so choosing isn't our greatest feat, but I can answer why - we know whatever it is, it will always be good and what we like.

We may not say it a lot, but we truly appreciate those things
These..  
#32 | 932 days ago

Jess wrote:
That could go both ways though - guys do that too...(or my husband does).

Example:
Me: What do you want for dinner?
Him: Whatever

I worked all day, and on top of that I cleaned the house, did the laundry, took the dogs out for a short walk, got the kid off to school, helped her with her homework when she got home - I'm about to make dinner, and when I ask you what you want me to make it's because if I knew what I wanted for dinner or had the energy to make the decision, or cared, I wouldn't ask! 

OK add that one to mine too - but that must be people in general if girls do it too.
I usually just ask for the most difficult/time consuming thing to make, when I am asked what I want for dinner. I usually don't have to hear that question after that.
I don't wanna play  
#33 | 932 days ago

janet011685 wrote:
I wouldn't get too uppity about that.  None of those apply to me, or to almost all the girls I know.  You all better step it up.

OK, before this gets too pissy, here's the disclaimer... This/These do NOT apply to all men.  These are simply stereotypes, and while most many some stereotypes are true, it does not mean that the ones listed necessarily are.  
Now we may proceed.

-  Male pride:  Kind of like what Jess was saying before.  I mean, ok, there are some times when I think confrontation is fine, and times when I can at least understand trying to kick some other dude's ass, but usually it's NOT that serious.

-  Communication:  This is partially our fault, too.  Men and women really DO communicate differently.  Guys are more "problem solvers" while most chicks like to talk out the "it makes me feel..." mess.  Also, I find that most women are more subtle with things because they want the guy to engage them in conversation and actively WANT to know what they think/feel.  Our fault for not being more direct, but seriously.  Sometimes it's amazing to me that men have survived as long as they have with the simplistic way they think.
#1 is THA -ISH!!!
These..  
#34 | 932 days ago

(Edited by kteacher)
When they get a cold, they act like they have only a day to live-------------though both genders do this. 

Male Elementary Teachers only have to be decent to be considered great, and they also seem to have the charm factor (annoying) that gets women teachers/secretaries/other school people to do favors for them. 

***biggest......just because you have a male "cookie" doesn't mean you know all there is to know about a sport, or feel the need to share with the group how much you think you know. 
My pet peeve is this...  
#35 | 931 days ago

It may sound hacky but the toilet seat thing.... We're all adults up down it doesn't matter. It's not incredibly difficult or time consuming.
My pet peeve is this...  
#36 | 931 days ago

Phillygenius82 wrote:
It may sound hacky but the toilet seat thing.... We're all adults up down it doesn't matter. It's not incredibly difficult or time consuming.
I hate that most women are weird about that too. I just go in there assuming it'll be up...it doesn't take any effort at all to immediately flip the stupid thing down before you go to sit, even in the middle of the night. It is not that big of a deal.
My pet peeve is this...  
#37 | 931 days ago

Jess wrote:
I hate that most women are weird about that too. I just go in there assuming it'll be up...it doesn't take any effort at all to immediately flip the stupid thing down before you go to sit, even in the middle of the night. It is not that big of a deal.
Yeah, my mom used to complain to my dad all the time about it with the old, "How hard is it to put it down?".  She got mad at me when I asked HER the same question.  


(By the way, it DOES bug me, but not for the usual reasons.  I just hate having the toilet all open like that.  I prefer the seat AND lid down when you're done.  It's just a pet peeve of mine.)
#38 | 931 days ago

My peeve is that i get tired of hearing how its all men that do this or that , i dont dislike all women because of what one or 2 did , im a gentleman and a nice guy which as we all know means i finish last to the bad boys hahaha
My pet peeve is this...  
#39 | 931 days ago

They can't read my mind. I've said it before, men are wondrous & simple (most at least).
My pet peeve is this...  
#40 | 931 days ago

Jess wrote:
That could go both ways though - guys do that too...(or my husband does).

Example:
Me: What do you want for dinner?
Him: Whatever

I worked all day, and on top of that I cleaned the house, did the laundry, took the dogs out for a short walk, got the kid off to school, helped her with her homework when she got home - I'm about to make dinner, and when I ask you what you want me to make it's because if I knew what I wanted for dinner or had the energy to make the decision, or cared, I wouldn't ask! 

OK add that one to mine too - but that must be people in general if girls do it too.
I'll give you that one.....I admit I do that sometimes, but when you ask and we roll off a string of ideas and they each get shot down, its like , "why did you even ask?" if your gonna make whatever you feel like making anyway.

Most guys are really pretty simple creatures, we survived on beer and pizza when we were single and discovered once we got  married that the thing with the door on it that gets hot, is not a pot holder and extra cabinet space or even a place to "store" dishes.
#41 | 931 days ago

cool  peeve is that all the women in the world share a SINGLE BRAIN CELL. YOU DO THE MATHcool
#42 | 931 days ago

mojo wrote:
I'll give you that one.....I admit I do that sometimes, but when you ask and we roll off a string of ideas and they each get shot down, its like , "why did you even ask?" if your gonna make whatever you feel like making anyway.

Most guys are really pretty simple creatures, we survived on beer and pizza when we were single and discovered once we got  married that the thing with the door on it that gets hot, is not a pot holder and extra cabinet space or even a place to "store" dishes.
Fortunately I married a guy who was used to fending for himself on occasion and actually likes to cook, so we do share kitchen time. He grew up with a single mom who worked a lot, so he was used to pulling his weight and understands that since we both work, we also share household responsibilities (for the most part...since I work from home, I do end up doing some things throughout the day on breaks that he doesn't have the opportunity to do because he's out on patrol or something). Usually though if he rattles off a list, I'm more than happy to pick from that - I just don't want to always have to come up with the ideas, make all the decisions about what I'm cooking AND cook after a long day. When he's cooking, I know what he makes best and I have my favorites so if he asks, I have at least 2 answers ready, just in case he doesn't feel like making one.

I should note that I totally agree with you on rolling off a string of ideas and getting all of them shot down. That works both ways too.  I'll say "What do you want for dinner?" and he'll say "whatever" and I'll say "well, how about ____, or ____? Or maybe ____?" and he makes faces and says "nah, I'm not in the mood for any of those". Well FFS, what ARE you in the mood for!? Obviously, "whatever" is NOT fine. (This just happened last night actually. I never could get him to give me an idea or agree on any of mine, and we ended up having Kraft mac & cheese.)
My pet peeve is this...  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Filter Error 9/18
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/18/14
5 opinions | 23 comments | Last by JenX63
Filter Error 9/19
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
7 opinions | 31 comments | Last by JenX63
Filter Error 9/17
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/17/14
10 opinions | 19 comments | Last by Dream_Machine
Favorite Teams?
Asked by OneStepBeyond | Locker Room, FanIQ | 1 questions asked 02/12/13
23 opinions | 26 comments | Last by ML31
True Confessional...
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/17/14
8 opinions | 24 comments | Last by icfeet