Skip to Next Poll »
11
Jess's DQ: 4/19/2012
Question of the Day: Besides yourself, (and the alcohol) what's your favorite thing to bring to a potluck?
| Closed on 04/20/12 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
20 Fans 
70%a. This dish I make...
15%b. This dish I buy...
10%c. This snack I buy...
5%d. I don't wanna play

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#11 | 925 days ago

It's either my crab and cream cheese wontons or chicken enchiladas!
This dish I make...  
  
64 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 925 days ago

I usually bring one of two dishes that I make that are pretty quick and easy to do...
Tuna casserole, and Stuffed shells.
This dish I make...  
#2 | 925 days ago

My biggest request to bring is deviled eggs or stuffed mushrooms
This dish I make...  
#3 | 925 days ago

Green_eyed_Deja wrote:
I usually bring one of two dishes that I make that are pretty quick and easy to do...
Tuna casserole, and Stuffed shells.
argghhhh- two dishes I am now forbidden to eat - thanks for the reminder Deb
This dish I make...  
#4 | 925 days ago

Cereal, hopefully someone brings the milk.
This dish I make...  
#5 | 925 days ago

(Edited by Lobotomy Jones)
Beer. 

*I see that wasn't an appropriate answer. If I can't bring beer, I'm not bringing anything. *
This dish I buy...  
#6 | 925 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Toys! Ya just never know what the alcohol might lead to.




I don't have one thing that I always bring. It could be my Shrimp Dijon dish, my Salsa, my Spinach and Artichoke dip, Mostaccioli with Spinach, Mushroom and Bacon or homemade Wings.
This dish I make...  
#7 | 925 days ago

I typically don't bring anything besides the alcohol unless it's requested, so I don't wanna play, I guess. lol.
#8 | 925 days ago

Last  time  I  went  I  brought  a  tray  of  baked  ziti  and  plate of homemade  cookies.   The  ziti  feeds  a  lot  of  people  and  doesn't  take  much  time  to  prepare.   Chocolate  chip  cookies  usually  go  over  really  well,  considering  peanuts/peanut butter  is  usually  something  to  steer  clear  of.  
#9 | 925 days ago

Homebrew
#10 | 925 days ago
unopescatore (+)

some kinda dip....sometimes salsa....home made ofcourse
#11 | 925 days ago

It's either my crab and cream cheese wontons or chicken enchiladas!
This dish I make...  
#12 | 925 days ago
18packabs (+)

Cali_Kat wrote:
It's either my crab and cream cheese wontons or chicken enchiladas!
aren't those called Crab Rangoons?
This snack I buy...  
#13 | 925 days ago

Mine - it depends. Here in Florida it's been desserts - s'mores brownies, strawberry shortcake with chocolate covered strawberries and homemade whipped cream, etc. People love homemade desserts. But back home it was my salsa. Always my salsa - people would beg me to bring extra batches, and it's been known to be eaten with just a spoon. My friends back home love that ish.
This dish I make...  
#14 | 925 days ago
18packabs (+)

I usually bring a platter of salami, pepperoni, and multiple cheeses and also a platter of  pickles, black and green olives, pepperoncinis, and jalapenos, cause some like it HOT!!!!!!! cool
This snack I buy...  
#15 | 925 days ago

Cali_Kat wrote:
It's either my crab and cream cheese wontons or chicken enchiladas!
Hey Kat- what's the difference between enchilada and empanada? Which tastes better?
This dish I make...  
#16 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
argghhhh- two dishes I am now forbidden to eat - thanks for the reminder Deb
Oh, sorry! I'll have to make you a special dish!
This dish I make...  
#17 | 925 days ago

homemade mac  and cheese  and a homemade apple pie...yum yum
This dish I make...  
#18 | 925 days ago



Depending on time of year we will often make Alligator Wings which is always a nice finger food hit , or we will make fried crawfish tails or catfish nuggets.  9/10 times its something seafood based
This dish I make...  
#19 | 925 days ago

guacamole and or 7 layer dip
but I'm trying to develop a recipe for pork green chile.. eat it plain, with a tortilla, some chips, on top of something else.. mm mmmm
#20 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
Hey Kat- what's the difference between enchilada and empanada? Which tastes better?
Empanada is dough with a filling. Usually a fruit.

Enchiladas are rolled tortillas with meat and cheese, and sauce.


And Ed....does it matter?
This dish I make...  
#21 | 925 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Depending on time of year we will often make Alligator Wings which is always a nice finger food hit , or we will make fried crawfish tails or catfish nuggets.  9/10 times its something seafood based
Damn you....you're always making me hungry. 

I usually bring fried calamari from my favorite Italian restaurant or queso dip w/ chips.  Sometimes I'll splurge and bring both. 
#22 | 925 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Damn you....you're always making me hungry. 

I usually bring fried calamari from my favorite Italian restaurant or queso dip w/ chips.  Sometimes I'll splurge and bring both. 



Hard to get great fried calamari in these parts almost always over battered etc  ,  but when its done well damn its good
This dish I make...  
#23 | 925 days ago

Green_eyed_Deja wrote:
Oh, sorry! I'll have to make you a special dish!
you promise smiley
This dish I make...  
#24 | 925 days ago

This dish I buy...  
#25 | 925 days ago

Spinach lasagna with bechamel sauce (even the lasagna is homemade unless i find out about this shindig or that I'm supposed to bring something at the last minute)
#26 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
you promise smiley
Of course! ;)
This dish I make...  
#27 | 925 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:



Hard to get great fried calamari in these parts almost always over battered etc  ,  but when its done well damn its good
We're pretty fortunate to have a few places do it well.  It's my go-to appetizer at most Italian joints I frequent. 
#28 | 925 days ago

My wife because she can really cook, otherwise I'd be some cheap a** that just shows up and eats everyone else's food.
#29 | 925 days ago

i'll usually make something i know no one will try so i can just take it all home for myself, like homemade tahini, or a botched cheese ball. something really gnarly looking that tastes delicious
#30 | 925 days ago

Not a fan of the pot luck myself.  Most of what people bring sucks and the good stuff is gone instantly.  I try to avoid them but if I am forced to go I am usually the one who brings liquid refreshment.
#31 | 925 days ago

Green_eyed_Deja wrote:
Of course! ;)
tuna casserole, stuffed shells from Deb. Empanadas and Enchiladas from Kat- its good to be me right about now
This dish I make...  
#32 | 925 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
Spinach lasagna with bechamel sauce (even the lasagna is homemade unless i find out about this shindig or that I'm supposed to bring something at the last minute)
what is bechamel sauce?
This dish I make...  
#33 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
what is bechamel sauce?
White sauce.
#34 | 925 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
White sauce.
like afredo or the white sauce they put on gyros?
This dish I make...  
#35 | 925 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Not a fan of the pot luck myself.  Most of what people bring sucks and the good stuff is gone instantly.  I try to avoid them but if I am forced to go I am usually the one who brings liquid refreshment.
liquid refreshment = Zima
#36 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
like afredo or the white sauce they put on gyros?
Bechamel is butter (or some other fat), flour and milk (or some other liquid like wine or stock).  Alfredo is butter, reduced cream, and Parmesan cheese.
#37 | 925 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
liquid refreshment = Zima
Next time I'll bring some just for you.
#38 | 925 days ago

I am working on a Watermelon and Mint Gazpacho recipe for summer pot lucks.
This dish I make...  
#39 | 925 days ago

Pigs Inna Blanket or Chips Inna Bag!!
This dish I make...  
#40 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
like afredo or the white sauce they put on gyros?
"white sauce they put on gyros" = tzatziki = 
This dish I make...  
#41 | 925 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
Bechamel is butter (or some other fat), flour and milk (or some other liquid like wine or stock).  Alfredo is butter, reduced cream, and Parmesan cheese.
sounds artery clogging- must be good- will try some- thanks
This dish I make...  
#42 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
what is bechamel sauce?
Bechamel sauce is one of the "mother sauces," they are the basis for all sauces. Bechamel would be the basis of any dairy sauces, so yes alfredo would be a variation of a bechamel.
This dish I make...  
#43 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
sounds artery clogging- must be good- will try some- thanks
Yup.  I use whole milk in mine on top of the butter.  Good stuff.
#44 | 925 days ago

Now I'm hungry.  And I can't do dinner until about 7:45.  crying says the emote that looks like nails are being driven into its eyes.
#45 | 925 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I am working on a Watermelon and Mint Gazpacho recipe for summer pot lucks.
That sounds delicious (sp)......usually the meat, and a dip or two....also desert....this is why I usually have folks come to my house, I'm kinda a food snob.
This dish I make...  
#46 | 925 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
sounds artery clogging- must be good- will try some- thanks
I once made a Bacon and Blue Cheese Mac N Cheese. I used a Bechamel to make the cheese sauce for it. I used the bacon grease to make my roux.

If you are ever making gravy and have bacon grease, I recommend you use it to make the roux. It will make your gravy delicious.
This dish I make...  
#47 | 925 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I once made a Bacon and Blue Cheese Mac N Cheese. I used a Bechamel to make the cheese sauce for it. I used the bacon grease to make my roux.

If you are ever making gravy and have bacon grease, I recommend you use it to make the roux. It will make your gravy delicious.
Ok- i see a whole lot of recipes for all kinds of mischief- - - - - - good thing Capt  isnt in here yes
This dish I make...  
#48 | 925 days ago

Jess wrote:
"white sauce they put on gyros" = tzatziki = 
You like huh???? So do I
This dish I make...  
#49 | 925 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
That sounds delicious (sp)......usually the meat, and a dip or two....also desert....this is why I usually have folks come to my house, I'm kinda a food snob.
My first attempt wasn't too successful, I got carried away with the mint and it overpowered the dish. Just waiting to get some good watermelons in so I can make a couple more attempts before other humans get to eat it.
This dish I make...  
#50 | 925 days ago

Chicken or steak stir fry.
This dish I make...  
#51 | 925 days ago

rbnred wrote:
Last  time  I  went  I  brought  a  tray  of  baked  ziti  and  plate of homemade  cookies.   The  ziti  feeds  a  lot  of  people  and  doesn't  take  much  time  to  prepare.   Chocolate  chip  cookies  usually  go  over  really  well,  considering  peanuts/peanut butter  is  usually  something  to  steer  clear  of.  
That's usually my answer ... baked ziti and/or homemade cookies.  
Otherwise, I'll just bring chips or veggie platter, something easy like that that I can grab on the way.
#52 | 925 days ago

Orange chicken over rice, I use the sauce they sell at Panda Express
or Buffalo chicken mixed with rice & cheddar and sprinkled with ranch powder and bacon bits
#53 | 924 days ago

It kind of depends on the event, but Lil' Smiokies in a crock pot - BBQ or teriyaki sauce - is usually a hit and easy to eat.
This dish I make...  
#54 | 924 days ago

Whats a "potluck"?
This snack I buy...  
#55 | 924 days ago

derms33 wrote:
Whats a "potluck"?
It's my version of a pot luck (and Merriam-Webster's too, evidently):
This dish I make...  
#56 | 924 days ago

Jess wrote:
It's my version of a pot luck (and Merriam-Webster's too, evidently):
i know what it is...i was just joshing ya...its seems like an old school term
This snack I buy...  
#57 | 924 days ago

derms33 wrote:
i know what it is...i was just joshing ya...its seems like an old school term
oh I thought I spelled it incorrectly lol - your comment piqued my interest and made me look it up
This dish I make...  
#58 | 924 days ago

I'll bring anything as long I can buy it somewhere. I don't trust in my cooking skills.sad
This dish I buy...  
#59 | 924 days ago

(Edited by VIOLET)
Cali_Kat wrote:
Empanada is dough with a filling. Usually a fruit.

Enchiladas are rolled tortillas with meat and cheese, and sauce.


And Ed....does it matter?
In Mexico we make empanadas ("we" means they, I just eat them)  with all sort of salty fillings, beef, fish. But the dough is the same used to make tortillas, sweet empanadas are made with regular flour. smiley
This dish I buy...  
#60 | 924 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Next time I'll bring some just for you.
So you admit to drinking Zima.  Do you add a jolly rancher to make it more fruity? 
#61 | 924 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
So you admit to drinking Zima.  Do you add a jolly rancher to make it more fruity? 
Weird, but not unexpected.

No, I don't drink.  I just said I'd bring you some.  A peace offering as it were.  You brought it up and you seem to know the tricks to make the drink more to your liking.  Tell you what...  I'll bring you some Jolly Ranchers too.  laugh
#62 | 924 days ago

ML31 wrote:
Weird, but not unexpected.

No, I don't drink.  I just said I'd bring you some.  A peace offering as it were.  You brought it up and you seem to know the tricks to make the drink more to your liking.  Tell you what...  I'll bring you some Jolly Ranchers too.  laugh
Why are you angry? 
#63 | 924 days ago

(Edited by ML31)
jswol54 wrote:
Why are you angry? 
Since when does laugh = angry??

Perhaps you need to relax with your favorite drink.  Or are you out of Jolly Ranchers?
#64 | 924 days ago


Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
F/E 10/31
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Today
4 opinions | 8 comments | Last by ohwell_
F/E 10/23
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 10/23/14
7 opinions | 30 comments | Last by JenX63
Filter Error 10/24
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 10/24/14
12 opinions | 44 comments | Last by JenX63
Filter Error 10/27
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 10/27/14
5 opinions | 3 comments | Last by JenX63
F/E 10/30
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
8 opinions | 23 comments | Last by JenX63