Skip to Next Poll »
10
Sweet Sports
I was having a conversation with my husband one day...oh probably last month...and it took a strange turn. We were talking about wanting to own our own hockey rink in the northwest with a new & used/consignment gear shop. I don't know how it happened but somehow this lead to also having a cupcake shop attached - and all of the cupcakes would have hockey team themes. We would have 30 flavors available, each team would be represented by a flavor - preferably one that is significant in the area of that team, but other clever ideas could work as well. And they would be named silly fun names incorporating the teams. For instance, the Bruins cupcake could have a Boston Cream Bruin cupcake, or Philly could be Flyers CupCheesecake...I couldn't think of anything for the Ducks area wise, but their colors are kind of like a caramel macchiato...anyway, I was remembering that convo today and thought you might like to join in. 

Let's not just focus on hockey - what do you think would be a fun cupcake for your favorite team (or teams!) - give me a flavor and a name...get creative!
| Closed on 06/10/12 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Food | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
15 Fans 
20%a. This for my team
20%b. These for my teams
0%c. Oh, I'm going to be here all day
27%d. I have no idea, but sounds fun...I'll try
27%e. I have no ideas, but I'll mark my place and read others
7%f. I don't wanna play

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#2 | 896 days ago

(Edited by Sharp Square)

For the Saints i would think -   Chocolate w/ gooey caramel / pecan praline flavored middle + gold colored white chocolate  icing and a half white chocolate half dark chocolate Fleur De Lis on top


doesn't that just sound fantastic laugh
This for my team  
  
25 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 896 days ago

Well there obviously has to be a Georgia Peaches and Cream one... (for UGA football I guess.. meh) I'll have to think about my teams more...
#2 | 896 days ago

(Edited by Sharp Square)

For the Saints i would think -   Chocolate w/ gooey caramel / pecan praline flavored middle + gold colored white chocolate  icing and a half white chocolate half dark chocolate Fleur De Lis on top


doesn't that just sound fantastic laugh
This for my team  
#3 | 896 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:

For the Saints i would think -   Chocolate w/ gooey caramel / pecan praline flavored middle + gold colored white chocolate  icing and a half white chocolate half dark chocolate Fleur De Lis on top


doesn't that just sound fantastic laugh
That sounds delicious! What are you naming it?
These for my teams  
#4 | 896 days ago

(Edited by derms33)
The Browns would just be runny chocolate and they could read...Our Team can't run but our cupcakes can
These for my teams  
#5 | 896 days ago

The New York Apple Ranger jack
I have no ideas, but I'll mark my place and read others  
#6 | 896 days ago

Chocolate Martini Cupcakes for my Saints, which we'll call "Martini on the Bounty" (puntastic troll)

This for my team  
#7 | 896 days ago

Jess wrote:
That sounds delicious! What are you naming it?


I did forget to give it a name  so lets go with  -    Saintsational Delight !
This for my team  
#8 | 896 days ago

Pizza cupcakes!

#9 | 896 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


I did forget to give it a name  so lets go with  -    Saintsational Delight !
Or maybe SinSaintsational Delight!
#10 | 896 days ago

Cleveland brown mousse swirl cake,wow I think I will have one
This for my team  
#11 | 896 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
I am an adult, I only eat one kind of cupcake. Guinness Chocolate Cupcake with Irish Whiskey frosting and a Candied Bacon crumble!
I have no idea, but sounds fun...I'll try  
#12 | 896 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I am an adult, I only eat one kind of cupcake. Guinness Chocolate Cupcake with Irish Whiskey frosting and a Candied Bacon crumble!
Well then I guess I'm not an adult, because I will eat almost any kind of cupcake!

Your Guinness Chocolate Cupcake with Irish Whiskey frosting sounds like it would be a good Notre Dame Fighting Irish cupcake. The bacon crumble would be a great accent...You should name it. 
These for my teams  
#13 | 896 days ago

a BLUEBERRY CUPCAKE........for CUBBY BLUE............. a CUBcake...............lol...........winkyes
#14 | 896 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
Jess wrote:
Well then I guess I'm not an adult, because I will eat almost any kind of cupcake!

Your Guinness Chocolate Cupcake with Irish Whiskey frosting sounds like it would be a good Notre Dame Fighting Irish cupcake. The bacon crumble would be a great accent...You should name it. 
Did you see the pics of the cake version of them in today's filter, decorated all NAU Blue and Gold?
I have no idea, but sounds fun...I'll try  
#15 | 896 days ago

I've got one for the Blazers, it's as hard as a rock and shatters your teeth when you try to take a bite!!  We'll name it after Bill Walton, Sam Bowie, Greg Oden and Brandon Roy somehow
#16 | 896 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
Did you see the pics of the cake version of them in today's filter, decorated all NAU Blue and Gold?
I did,

You know what you could also do - add a little Bailey's ganache filler to the Guinness & chocolate, use your Irish whiskey frosting, with the bacon crumble of course, and call them Fighting Irish Bacon Bombs
These for my teams  
#17 | 896 days ago

Jess wrote:
I did,

You know what you could also do - add a little Bailey's ganache filler to the Guinness & chocolate, use your Irish whiskey frosting, with the bacon crumble of course, and call them Fighting Irish Bacon Bombs
When I was looking for a recipe to make the cake I saw a "Irish Car Bomb" cupcake. It was the Guinness cake with an Irish Whiskey Ganache and a Baileys Creme frosting. I don't bake and cupcakes are usually at least 12 times as hard as a cake, without the step of making and filling with a ganache. I am a cook, not a baker, it is a lot easier to f**k sh!t up beyond repair when baking. I can usually fix the mistakes made in cooking.
I have no idea, but sounds fun...I'll try  
#18 | 896 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
When I was looking for a recipe to make the cake I saw a "Irish Car Bomb" cupcake. It was the Guinness cake with an Irish Whiskey Ganache and a Baileys Creme frosting. I don't bake and cupcakes are usually at least 12 times as hard as a cake, without the step of making and filling with a ganache. I am a cook, not a baker, it is a lot easier to f**k sh!t up beyond repair when baking. I can usually fix the mistakes made in cooking.
Oh you don't have to make these - you just would order them - all custom like. This is my Sports Cupcakery!
These for my teams  
#19 | 896 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
Jess wrote:
Oh you don't have to make these - you just would order them - all custom like. This is my Sports Cupcakery!
A good thing about making those cupcakes. If you don't have Guinness, Irish Whiskey, and Baileys in the house before you start. You will when you are done!
I have no idea, but sounds fun...I'll try  
#20 | 896 days ago

Green_eyed_Deja wrote:
Or maybe SinSaintsational Delight!


good one smiley  i like it
This for my team  
#21 | 896 days ago

Anything Miami has to be Mojito.   I'm putting my baker friend on the job for those Car Bombs.
She makes amazing cake and is a fantastic decorator as a bonus.
These for my teams  
#22 | 896 days ago
18packabs (+)

The Islanders would sell Bottom of the Standings Cupcakes..... sad
I don't wanna play  
#23 | 895 days ago

Looks like Bethel Bakery (the place the cupcakes came from that Mitt Romney thought tasted like they were from 7-Eleven) already has Pens cupcakes.  Let's call these guys Iceburghs.
I have no idea, but sounds fun...I'll try  
#24 | 895 days ago

Red velvet with cream cheese frosting. Call them Skincakes.
I have no ideas, but I'll mark my place and read others  
#25 | 895 days ago

ohwell_ wrote:
Anything Miami has to be Mojito.   I'm putting my baker friend on the job for those Car Bombs.
She makes amazing cake and is a fantastic decorator as a bonus.
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2011/03/14/irish-car-bomb-cupcakes/
I have no idea, but sounds fun...I'll try  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Filter Error 10/24
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Today
9 opinions | 19 comments | Last by HouTxFan
who said it: special edition
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room | 6 questions asked Yesterday
42 opinions | 4 comments | Last by Lobotomy Jones
F/E 10/23
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
6 opinions | 26 comments | Last by hskrdave
Punchy & Delighted
Asked by marcus_nyce | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 10/20/14
6 opinions | 34 comments | Last by Dream_Machine
giffy - may 27, 2014
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 05/27/14
6 opinions | 10 comments | Last by Dream_Machine