Skip to Next Poll »
17
2012 NFL's Rookie of the year award
2012 NFL's Rookie of the year award Photo2012 NFL's Rookie of the year award Photo2012 NFL's Rookie of the year award Photo

2012 NFL's Rookie of the year award Photo 2012 NFL's Rookie of the year award Photo

Who will win the 2012 NFL Rookie of the year award?

Featured by: Jess at 12/05/12 6:29PM
| Closed on 02/13/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | NFL | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
44 Fans 
43%a. RG3 ('Skins)
34%b. Andrew Luck (Colts)
0%c. Ryan Tannehill (Dolphins)
23%d. Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)
0%e. Brandon Weeden (Browns)

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#6 | 633 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
are you following me? 
As often as possible...

Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
  
78 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 633 days ago

(of course I may be a bit biased)
RG3 ('Skins)  
#2 | 633 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
(of course I may be a bit biased)
He's a good candidate, he's carried this Washington ballclub on his back and the 'Skins' offense has improved.  The Skins will have to find a real primary playmaker in the WR department in this coming offseason...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#3 | 633 days ago

Idk yet...but I'm probably going to pick Luck :)
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#4 | 633 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Idk yet...but I'm probably going to pick Luck :)
are you following me? 
RG3 ('Skins)  
#5 | 633 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
He's a good candidate, he's carried this Washington ballclub on his back and the 'Skins' offense has improved.  The Skins will have to find a real primary playmaker in the WR department in this coming offseason...
agree and hope to get those WR next season. Still, overall I am very pleased with the year so far.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#6 | 633 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
are you following me? 
As often as possible...

Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#7 | 633 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
As often as possible...

oh, ok well speed it up, I'm waiting for your thoughts on the jets/sanchez/bench thing :D
RG3 ('Skins)  
#8 | 633 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
oh, ok well speed it up, I'm waiting for your thoughts on the jets/sanchez/bench thing :D
complete
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#9 | 633 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
complete
ty
RG3 ('Skins)  
#10 | 633 days ago

Although there is something to be said about all the Rookie QB's this season, The most impressive to me are RGIII, Luck and Wilson..in that order.. I think it will be a close vote count between RGIII and Luck. Luck has the better Pass Yds completions,3596 but has 16 INT's and only 216 rushing yds, where as RGIII has 2497 Pass Completions, only 4 INT's and has rushed for 642 yds...I just feel that RGIII is the overall best .
RG3 ('Skins)  
#11 | 633 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
As often as possible...

OMG!!! This totally cracked me up! yes
RG3 ('Skins)  
#12 | 633 days ago

DallasFan55 wrote:
Although there is something to be said about all the Rookie QB's this season, The most impressive to me are RGIII, Luck and Wilson..in that order.. I think it will be a close vote count between RGIII and Luck. Luck has the better Pass Yds completions,3596 but has 16 INT's and only 216 rushing yds, where as RGIII has 2497 Pass Completions, only 4 INT's and has rushed for 642 yds...I just feel that RGIII is the overall best .
all are very impressive and WILSON has lead his team back in 3-4 games............
#13 | 633 days ago

Jeff_P wrote:
all are very impressive and WILSON has lead his team back in 3-4 games............
True he has but I think to be a great QB in the future of the NFL that a QB should be able to rush as often as pass..and RGIII exceeds Wilsons stats for those ..at least so far this season.. Wilson has 2344 Passing Yds with 8 INT's and 298 Rushing Yds but no Rushing TD's like RGIII has 6 Rushing TD's....I guess I just like RGIII too much to be fair to all the Rookies.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#14 | 633 days ago

DallasFan55 wrote:
True he has but I think to be a great QB in the future of the NFL that a QB should be able to rush as often as pass..and RGIII exceeds Wilsons stats for those ..at least so far this season.. Wilson has 2344 Passing Yds with 8 INT's and 298 Rushing Yds but no Rushing TD's like RGIII has 6 Rushing TD's....I guess I just like RGIII too much to be fair to all the Rookies.
and my dear......i like WILSON because he was a WISCONSIN BADGER......lol..........
#15 | 633 days ago

Jeff_P wrote:
and my dear......i like WILSON because he was a WISCONSIN BADGER......lol..........
Yes I know that dear.. wink
RG3 ('Skins)  
#16 | 633 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
agree and hope to get those WR next season. Still, overall I am very pleased with the year so far.
You should be, I believe the 'Skins could be one of the best teams again in the NFC in the future...  RG3 could be a very dangerous QB in the process as the year goes by...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#17 | 633 days ago

DallasFan55 wrote:
Although there is something to be said about all the Rookie QB's this season, The most impressive to me are RGIII, Luck and Wilson..in that order.. I think it will be a close vote count between RGIII and Luck. Luck has the better Pass Yds completions,3596 but has 16 INT's and only 216 rushing yds, where as RGIII has 2497 Pass Completions, only 4 INT's and has rushed for 642 yds...I just feel that RGIII is the overall best .
I believe these rookie QB are outshining some of the QB that have been around for over 3 years or so...  RG3 and Andrew Luck had to develop quickly when the 'Skins and the Colts were on the demise last year and both of 'em had done a great job doing so...  Andrew Luck and the Colts could be one of the better teams in the AFC in the future...  For Andrew Luck to carry the Colts to 8 wins with a defense that's not so good is incredible!  Russell Wilson has a great defense on the Seahawks' ballclub but he's been a great QB for the Seahawks and he should continue to be for years to come...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#18 | 633 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
I believe these rookie QB are outshining some of the QB that have been around for over 3 years or so...  RG3 and Andrew Luck had to develop quickly when the 'Skins and the Colts were on the demise last year and both of 'em had done a great job doing so...  Andrew Luck and the Colts could be one of the better teams in the AFC in the future...  For Andrew Luck to carry the Colts to 8 wins with a defense that's not so good is incredible!  Russell Wilson has a great defense on the Seahawks' ballclub but he's been a great QB for the Seahawks and he should continue to be for years to come...
I agree with you. I too am seeing better plays by the Rookies then some of the Veterans.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#19 | 633 days ago

DallasFan55 wrote:
I agree with you. I too am seeing better plays by the Rookies then some of the Veterans.
It'll be interesting to see who will go through a sophomore slump next year with these rookie QBs...  
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#20 | 632 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
It'll be interesting to see who will go through a sophomore slump next year with these rookie QBs...  
To be honest I don't see RGIII, Luck or Wilson going into a slump next season because their numbers already far exceed Cam's numbers from his 2011 season..I believe these 3 ^^^ will continue to get better and better..
RG3 ('Skins)  
#21 | 632 days ago

DallasFan55 wrote:
To be honest I don't see RGIII, Luck or Wilson going into a slump next season because their numbers already far exceed Cam's numbers from his 2011 season..I believe these 3 ^^^ will continue to get better and better..
I agree, if the Colts and 'Skins continue to build  their teams after drafting those 2 QBs, those 2 teams could be a pain in the a$$ for years to come...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#22 | 631 days ago

Luck wins It, Because Of That Putrid Defense and the Wins That Team Is Putting Up. Although, It Should Be Wilson If It Wasn't For That Fail-Mary, Bad Press And Because Of That Win, They Say The Seahawks Would Barely Be In The Playoffs Question And The  Packers Would Have Secured The North a Long Time Ago.
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#23 | 631 days ago

Dream_Machine wrote:
Luck wins It, Because Of That Putrid Defense and the Wins That Team Is Putting Up. Although, It Should Be Wilson If It Wasn't For That Fail-Mary, Bad Press And Because Of That Win, They Say The Seahawks Would Barely Be In The Playoffs Question And The  Packers Would Have Secured The North a Long Time Ago.
I dunno, I disagree. I think RG3 wins it on stats (I don't know how they judge these things, but 4 INTs is insane).

I agree that Wilson should be in the discussion but he had a rough go of things in the beginning. Up until about Week 5, people were calling for Flynn. He does have more interceptions, even though he leads in TDs, than RG3. He also has fewer rushing yards (though if they had opened up the playbook before and Pete let him run earlier, that might not be the case). I love him, and I'm really glad he's on our team, but I don't think he quite edges Griffin in this race.

Luck is a different case - I don't think I can be objective where he's concerned yet (not for the same reason I can't be objective with Wilson). I think I'm suffering from the "Suck for Luck" media/player/sports fan hangover or something.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#24 | 631 days ago

Jeff_P wrote:
all are very impressive and WILSON has lead his team back in 3-4 games............
The most impressive part about Wilson leading the team back is that it's not been because of his own mistakes that put them in the position to need to be led back (that looks weird). Everyone touts the defense as being great, but they've given up a lot of late leads - those haven't been Wilson's fault. Wilson hasn't had to dig his team out of a hole that HE put them in. Sure, he makes mistakes - that's to be expected - but he's bailed out our defense a few times.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#25 | 631 days ago

(Edited by RaiderSteeler15)
No Love for Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden...  Why aren't those 2 rookie QBs getting any love in you all's opinion?
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#26 | 631 days ago

Jess wrote:
I dunno, I disagree. I think RG3 wins it on stats (I don't know how they judge these things, but 4 INTs is insane).

I agree that Wilson should be in the discussion but he had a rough go of things in the beginning. Up until about Week 5, people were calling for Flynn. He does have more interceptions, even though he leads in TDs, than RG3. He also has fewer rushing yards (though if they had opened up the playbook before and Pete let him run earlier, that might not be the case). I love him, and I'm really glad he's on our team, but I don't think he quite edges Griffin in this race.

Luck is a different case - I don't think I can be objective where he's concerned yet (not for the same reason I can't be objective with Wilson). I think I'm suffering from the "Suck for Luck" media/player/sports fan hangover or something.
Sure Nuff. But I Am Biased Based On The Fact That #1 & #2 Pick Are Who They Are... That Should Be Expected, However In Wilson's Case, He Came Out Of Nowhere And Stole Flynn's starting gig (Lol) And Is Actually Flourishing. if He Leads Us To the Playoffs Or Better, I Still Think He Will Be In A QB Competition Next Year.
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#27 | 630 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
No Love for Ryan Tannehill and Brandon Weeden...  Why aren't those 2 rookie QBs getting any love in you all's opinion?
I think they both have more INTs than TDs and the lowest QB rating of the group. Plus, they play for Miami and Cleveland.
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#28 | 630 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I think they both have more INTs than TDs and the lowest QB rating of the group. Plus, they play for Miami and Cleveland.
I believe their strength of schedule and where they stand in their respectable divisions have something to do with why Weeden and Tannehill have more INTs than TDs...  Both of these QBs have brought consistency on offense when the Dolphins and the Browns' were awful on offense last season...  I believe Tannehill could be the face of the Dolphins' Franchise for years to come, the Dolphins' front office just have to keep building their team as far as what they need such as a primary WR that Tannehill can throw to any time...  
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#29 | 626 days ago

Doug Martin probably should be in this discussion too (Though Andrew Luck absolutely gets my vote). 
#30 | 626 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
I believe their strength of schedule and where they stand in their respectable divisions have something to do with why Weeden and Tannehill have more INTs than TDs...  Both of these QBs have brought consistency on offense when the Dolphins and the Browns' were awful on offense last season...  I believe Tannehill could be the face of the Dolphins' Franchise for years to come, the Dolphins' front office just have to keep building their team as far as what they need such as a primary WR that Tannehill can throw to any time...  
See, I don't see a major difference, esp in the Dolphins. Tannehill is not the qb to get that team over the hump, I don't think. It's possible but I need to see more before I believe it.


Good call on Martin.
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#31 | 626 days ago

(Edited by RaiderSteeler15)
Dan_B wrote:
Doug Martin probably should be in this discussion too (Though Andrew Luck absolutely gets my vote). 
Doug Martin is part of the reason why the Bucs' offense has been good this year...  But you know the quarterback always get the most attention whether its good or bad...  Politics as usual...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#32 | 626 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
See, I don't see a major difference, esp in the Dolphins. Tannehill is not the qb to get that team over the hump, I don't think. It's possible but I need to see more before I believe it.


Good call on Martin.
The AFC East is so weak and lopsided...  I believe the Dolphins have gotten better...  If they can get up to 7 wins this year, the Miami Dolphins could be a team that alot of folks will sleep on next season...  But it's up to the dolphins' front office to make sure they make the right moves in the offseason and as for the Browns, it's pretty much the same thing...  If the Browns can win 6 games this year, they could be going in a right direction...  It's just so happen that the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Texans and the other teams in the AFC that will make the playoffs are better than the Dolphins and Browns right now...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#33 | 621 days ago

Luck has a better record and has less to work with, hands down over RG3
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#34 | 621 days ago

derms33 wrote:
Luck has a better record and has less to work with, hands down over RG3
Exactly...  He made something out of nothing!
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#35 | 619 days ago

So you are saying Luck and the whole Colts team are rookies. Puleeze...they were mentored by Manning, they just needed to get over the loss..they are moving on with a new QB that happens to be a rookie. 
Wilson deserves it more than any other rookie.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#36 | 619 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
So you are saying Luck and the whole Colts team are rookies. Puleeze...they were mentored by Manning, they just needed to get over the loss..they are moving on with a new QB that happens to be a rookie. 
Wilson deserves it more than any other rookie.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#37 | 619 days ago

Jess wrote:
Just know, it really really really hurt to say that last part, but I have to be honest.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#38 | 619 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
Just know, it really really really hurt to say that last part, but I have to be honest.
They're all doing great - I wouldn't be surprised to see either Luck or RG3 win it this year, and at this point it's like voting would just depend on the day. Wilson takes a lot of heat because he doesn't have as many pass attempts, and he's got a good defense and a great running game to back him up so I doubt he wins it. Of course he should be in the conversation but I will be shocked...SHOCKED...if he won.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#39 | 619 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
So you are saying Luck and the whole Colts team are rookies. Puleeze...they were mentored by Manning, they just needed to get over the loss..they are moving on with a new QB that happens to be a rookie. 
Wilson deserves it more than any other rookie.
Not really, Wilson has a defense and a running game to back him up...  Don't get me wrong he's having a good year but Luck kicks a$$!  Colts were 2-14 last year...  How many teams can say that they were 2-14 last year and be in a position to make the playoffs this year with a mediocre running game and a mediocre defense like the Colts?  
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#40 | 619 days ago

(Edited by JuJu_52)
Well...I'm stuck between Wilson, Luck and RGIII.  I chose Wilson simply because we get to see him play much more than the others listed and he's pretty darn awesome to me.  RGIII is too but I don't know how they choose ROY.  Luck is totally awesome too..what little I've seen of him.  

Anywho, I chose the one I'd present the award to if it were up to me wink

**edited to put "simply because" rather than because because, lol 
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#41 | 618 days ago

(Edited by JenX63)
RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
Not really, Wilson has a defense and a running game to back him up...  Don't get me wrong he's having a good year but Luck kicks a$$!  Colts were 2-14 last year...  How many teams can say that they were 2-14 last year and be in a position to make the playoffs this year with a mediocre running game and a mediocre defense like the Colts?  
and Luck doesn't have a great offense/defense? What is basically being said is without Manning the Colts sucked. All of the sudden the offense/defense had no idea how to play football. That is truly sad.
editing to add: basically you have to win less than 4 games and get a rookie qb, win more games than you did the year before and you win.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#42 | 618 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
and Luck doesn't have a great offense/defense? What is basically being said is without Manning the Colts sucked. All of the sudden the offense/defense had no idea how to play football. That is truly sad.
editing to add: basically you have to win less than 4 games and get a rookie qb, win more games than you did the year before and you win.
Luck doesn't have a great offense or defense. They are just alright. He has Reggie Wayne which hasn't been paying dividends like it should, and everyone else is a second string player on any other team except Luck (Hilton and Luck will be good though). On D, there is Robert Mathis with flashes of Freeney. The end. Now, I'm not saying RG3 is working with a lot more, but he is... :)
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#43 | 618 days ago

Doug Martin didn't even make the list for consideration?
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#44 | 618 days ago

(Edited by JenX63)
kobe_lova wrote:
Luck doesn't have a great offense or defense. They are just alright. He has Reggie Wayne which hasn't been paying dividends like it should, and everyone else is a second string player on any other team except Luck (Hilton and Luck will be good though). On D, there is Robert Mathis with flashes of Freeney. The end. Now, I'm not saying RG3 is working with a lot more, but he is... :)
you know I heart u...and it is very hard for me to be unbiased here...but the Colts and Luck are over rated, just as much as RG and the Skins.....also I kinda feel for Wilson having to deal with Pete Carroll as a coach (don't hate me Jess)


I had to edit cause I misspelled a word
RG3 ('Skins)  
#45 | 618 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
you know I heart u...and it is very hard for me to be unbiased here...but the Colts and Luck are over rated, just as much as RG and the Skins.....also I kinda feel for Wilson having to deal with Pete Carroll as a coach (don't hate me Jess)


I had to edit cause I misspelled a word
See, I don't think either is overrated. They just are what they are. 2 teams having decent years, largely due to their rookie qbs. I think the Colts are kind of riding a wave of emotion though. Otherwise, Luck would have good numbers with a losing record and not be in consideration for ROY. I love Pete's face!
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#46 | 618 days ago

Trokspot wrote:
Doug Martin didn't even make the list for consideration?
Doug Martin's performance is going to be overshadowed by what Luck, RG3, and Wilson are doing since Doug Martin is a RB...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#47 | 618 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
and Luck doesn't have a great offense/defense? What is basically being said is without Manning the Colts sucked. All of the sudden the offense/defense had no idea how to play football. That is truly sad.
editing to add: basically you have to win less than 4 games and get a rookie qb, win more games than you did the year before and you win.
I didn't expect the Colts to make the playoffs this year to be honest...  I thought the Colts were going to be a 5-6 win team to be honest because of the mediocre defense and alot of no name players on the Colts' roster with the exception of Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney...  Yeah the colts were awful without Manning and I believe the Colts were going to be SUPER AWFUL if Luck was to be injured for the year...  Yep a team has to lose alot of games if they feel they aren't satisfied with the QBs that they have to draft a Quarterback that'll do a better job than those QBs... NFL Teams are businesses just like the Wal-Marts, Best Buys, etc. It's all about having the best product at the end of the day...  Colts did it last year and Luck has exceeded their expectations...  If going from 2-14 last year to having 9 wins this year isn't a great turnaround, I don't know what it is...  With Russell Wilson's situation, he got drafted by the seahawks after the seahawks went 7-9 last year...  The Seahawks already had a defense, running back and a couple of WRs in place so  Russell Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round and when a player gets drafted in the 3rd round, no one was expecting Wilson to be the QB that he was except for the people that followed him in his college days...  The Seahawks lacked a QB even though they were 7-9 last year.  I did expect the Seahawks to make the playoffs not only because of Russell Wilson's ability to be mobile and move the ball down the field but because of Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch, the Seahawks' stingy defense and a good WR core like Golden Tate, Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#48 | 618 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
I didn't expect the Colts to make the playoffs this year to be honest...  I thought the Colts were going to be a 5-6 win team to be honest because of the mediocre defense and alot of no name players on the Colts' roster with the exception of Reggie Wayne, Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney...  Yeah the colts were awful without Manning and I believe the Colts were going to be SUPER AWFUL if Luck was to be injured for the year...  Yep a team has to lose alot of games if they feel they aren't satisfied with the QBs that they have to draft a Quarterback that'll do a better job than those QBs... NFL Teams are businesses just like the Wal-Marts, Best Buys, etc. It's all about having the best product at the end of the day...  Colts did it last year and Luck has exceeded their expectations...  If going from 2-14 last year to having 9 wins this year isn't a great turnaround, I don't know what it is...  With Russell Wilson's situation, he got drafted by the seahawks after the seahawks went 7-9 last year...  The Seahawks already had a defense, running back and a couple of WRs in place so  Russell Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round and when a player gets drafted in the 3rd round, no one was expecting Wilson to be the QB that he was except for the people that followed him in his college days...  The Seahawks lacked a QB even though they were 7-9 last year.  I did expect the Seahawks to make the playoffs not only because of Russell Wilson's ability to be mobile and move the ball down the field but because of Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch, the Seahawks' stingy defense and a good WR core like Golden Tate, Sidney Rice and Doug Baldwin...
I can respect that. As a Skins fan that has seen their team go from 4-10 to 8-6 with  RG at the helm and have to throw in Cousins since he won a game for them and pumped those stats, I just don't see where Luck is the best rookie. I'm biased, I admit it, I want all the glory for my team. Still think a team imploding because their QB got hurt isn't quite enough for me to swing my vote.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#49 | 618 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
I can respect that. As a Skins fan that has seen their team go from 4-10 to 8-6 with  RG at the helm and have to throw in Cousins since he won a game for them and pumped those stats, I just don't see where Luck is the best rookie. I'm biased, I admit it, I want all the glory for my team. Still think a team imploding because their QB got hurt isn't quite enough for me to swing my vote.
I'll tell you one thing, I feel sorry for the rest of the NFC East...  That division will have to deal with RG3 and the 'skins being one of the best teams in years to come...  It'll be hard for the Giants, Eagles and the Cowboys to win the NFC East with RG3 being around...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#50 | 618 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
kobe_lova wrote:
See, I don't think either is overrated. They just are what they are. 2 teams having decent years, largely due to their rookie qbs. I think the Colts are kind of riding a wave of emotion though. Otherwise, Luck would have good numbers with a losing record and not be in consideration for ROY. I love Pete's face!
"I think the Colts are kind of riding a wave of emotion though. Otherwise, Luck would have good numbers with a losing record and not be in consideration for ROY."

Agree with this statement 100%. I think for me, the fact that Luck is expected to carry the team on his shoulders shouldn't really matter. If we're going with stats, why are we not paying attention to INTs and completion percentage? Sure he has a lot of yards, and a ton of pass attempts but his completion percentage (from what I remember) isn't any better than the other two. Wilson hasn't been asked to throw as much - that's not his fault. Who knows how many yards and completions he would have if he was? RG3 blows me away with lack of INTs though, I won't lie.

Oh P.S. Jen, I don't hate ya. Not many people I know outside of Seattle and maybe So.Cal like Pete. I love him. I think Russell loves him. cheeky
RG3 ('Skins)  
#51 | 618 days ago

Jess wrote:
"I think the Colts are kind of riding a wave of emotion though. Otherwise, Luck would have good numbers with a losing record and not be in consideration for ROY."

Agree with this statement 100%. I think for me, the fact that Luck is expected to carry the team on his shoulders shouldn't really matter. If we're going with stats, why are we not paying attention to INTs and completion percentage? Sure he has a lot of yards, and a ton of pass attempts but his completion percentage (from what I remember) isn't any better than the other two. Wilson hasn't been asked to throw as much - that's not his fault. Who knows how many yards and completions he would have if he was? RG3 blows me away with lack of INTs though, I won't lie.

Oh P.S. Jen, I don't hate ya. Not many people I know outside of Seattle and maybe So.Cal like Pete. I love him. I think Russell loves him. cheeky
When you win games, it overshadows the interceptions and the completion percentage (even if those numbers are average)  But when you're on a team that has struggled such as the Eagles and the Jets, of course people would talk about the interceptions and the turnovers...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#52 | 618 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
I'll tell you one thing, I feel sorry for the rest of the NFC East...  That division will have to deal with RG3 and the 'skins being one of the best teams in years to come...  It'll be hard for the Giants, Eagles and the Cowboys to win the NFC East with RG3 being around...
Well now, I don't know about all that. I have been a bit gloaty about them lately. Still have 2 more games to go. Would love to see them win them both since they are divisional matchups and one is the Cowboys...I'll be watching and waiting. As for RG, he said it himself last week, he didn't play because the organization was "saving" him from himself..he knows he is physical, but my god he has heart and the "i am here to win games attitude"...he's a cool ass dude (even if he wasn't the Skins QB) I can't wait to see how he develops over the next few years.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#53 | 617 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
Well now, I don't know about all that. I have been a bit gloaty about them lately. Still have 2 more games to go. Would love to see them win them both since they are divisional matchups and one is the Cowboys...I'll be watching and waiting. As for RG, he said it himself last week, he didn't play because the organization was "saving" him from himself..he knows he is physical, but my god he has heart and the "i am here to win games attitude"...he's a cool ass dude (even if he wasn't the Skins QB) I can't wait to see how he develops over the next few years.
I would hate to see RG3 end up like poor Mike Vick taking all those hit as skinny as RG3 is...  RG3 is a winner so he supposed to have this winning attitude.  The NFC East race is going to be critical for the next 2 weeks...  Nail Biting lol
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#54 | 617 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
I would hate to see RG3 end up like poor Mike Vick taking all those hit as skinny as RG3 is...  RG3 is a winner so he supposed to have this winning attitude.  The NFC East race is going to be critical for the next 2 weeks...  Nail Biting lol
Agree, although I think RG has better protection and the guys on the team actually like him.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#55 | 617 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
When you win games, it overshadows the interceptions and the completion percentage (even if those numbers are average)  But when you're on a team that has struggled such as the Eagles and the Jets, of course people would talk about the interceptions and the turnovers...
The problem is, winning games is a team accomplishment. Interceptions and completion percentage is more of an individual thing (although I do also put some of that on the receiver when the QB is getting it where it should be and the receiver muffs it or something). Andrew Luck isn't the only one winning games. Russell Wilson isn't the only one with a 9-5 W-L record, the Seahawks are. RG3 isn't the only one with a chance to get into the playoffs, the Redskins are.

I get what you're saying, and it seems like that's how QBs are judged in this league, but I think where individual awards are concerned, individual stats should play the primary role. I'm not trying to make a case for Wilson, because I know not only will he not get it, but he shouldn't. If he had been playing all year like he's been playing over the past 6 games, then absolutely...but he wasn't.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#56 | 616 days ago

I agree 110% - and it probably should be.  Those rookie QBs are each having extraordinary rookie years in their own ways.  But you've still got to at least consider/acknowledge that Martin has had a phenomenal year as well.

Many other years he would be a frontrunner...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#57 | 616 days ago

Jess wrote:
The problem is, winning games is a team accomplishment. Interceptions and completion percentage is more of an individual thing (although I do also put some of that on the receiver when the QB is getting it where it should be and the receiver muffs it or something). Andrew Luck isn't the only one winning games. Russell Wilson isn't the only one with a 9-5 W-L record, the Seahawks are. RG3 isn't the only one with a chance to get into the playoffs, the Redskins are.

I get what you're saying, and it seems like that's how QBs are judged in this league, but I think where individual awards are concerned, individual stats should play the primary role. I'm not trying to make a case for Wilson, because I know not only will he not get it, but he shouldn't. If he had been playing all year like he's been playing over the past 6 games, then absolutely...but he wasn't.
Do you think that the right knee injury that RG3 had that made him missed the game against the Browns hurt his chances of winning the rookie of the year?
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#58 | 616 days ago

RG3 has the benefit of Alfred Morris and the top rushing attack in the NFL while Russell Wilson has stepped in for a team with the 3rd best rushing attack and the 2nd best defense in the league.  The Colts are in the middle of the pack or lower in rushing offense and overall team defense.  IMO, Andrew Luck has done more with less and basically carried the Colts on his shoulders to the playoffs, something most people would've never predicted heading into this season.  IMO, that puts him over the top compared to RG3 and Wilson as rookie of the year.
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#59 | 616 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
Do you think that the right knee injury that RG3 had that made him missed the game against the Browns hurt his chances of winning the rookie of the year?
Probably, but if it does that's bull.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#60 | 616 days ago

Jess wrote:
Probably, but if it does that's bull.
That's something I thought about, whenever a player gets injured or suspended, it's always speculation that there's a chance that a player won't get a chance to keep pace or stay competitive with the rest of the MVP/Rookie of the year candidates...  For instance, Matt Kemp who plays for the LA Dodgers was one of the players who had a crack of winning the MVP award and then BOOM he got injured in the middle of this past season and all of that MVP talk was out the window for Matt Kemp...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#61 | 616 days ago

Scott wrote:
RG3 has the benefit of Alfred Morris and the top rushing attack in the NFL while Russell Wilson has stepped in for a team with the 3rd best rushing attack and the 2nd best defense in the league.  The Colts are in the middle of the pack or lower in rushing offense and overall team defense.  IMO, Andrew Luck has done more with less and basically carried the Colts on his shoulders to the playoffs, something most people would've never predicted heading into this season.  IMO, that puts him over the top compared to RG3 and Wilson as rookie of the year.
Also, Andrew Luck carried the team with the absence of head coach Chuck Pagano for most of the season while Pagano was going through his treatment for cancer...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#62 | 615 days ago

Trent Richardson made the Browns decent
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#63 | 615 days ago

derms33 wrote:
Trent Richardson made the Browns decent
He has been impressive!  I believe the Browns could be a better team next year.
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#64 | 600 days ago

Jess wrote:
The problem is, winning games is a team accomplishment. Interceptions and completion percentage is more of an individual thing (although I do also put some of that on the receiver when the QB is getting it where it should be and the receiver muffs it or something). Andrew Luck isn't the only one winning games. Russell Wilson isn't the only one with a 9-5 W-L record, the Seahawks are. RG3 isn't the only one with a chance to get into the playoffs, the Redskins are.

I get what you're saying, and it seems like that's how QBs are judged in this league, but I think where individual awards are concerned, individual stats should play the primary role. I'm not trying to make a case for Wilson, because I know not only will he not get it, but he shouldn't. If he had been playing all year like he's been playing over the past 6 games, then absolutely...but he wasn't.
A bit behind here but....

Exactly Jess. Wins & losses are always "a team members fault" when that's sooo not true.  One player does not win/lose a game...a team does. I know think that's why I went through such a dislike for Peyton Manning....Tim always says "Peyton won another one!"  or "Romo lost another game for your boys!"  (And he admits he thinks Romo is great and would root for any other team he played for) angry That makes me want to kick something, lol 
Russell Wilson (S'Hawks)  
#65 | 596 days ago
DatNYCStar (+)

(Edited by DatNYCStar)
I have to go with RG3 even though I don't like the Redskins. He was phenomenal this year. The only thing that slowed him down were the injuries. My second choice would be Russell Wilson. I'm picking him over Luck because Russell Wilson single-handedly led that Seahawks team all the way to the playoffs. They might even win the NFC Championship.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#66 | 595 days ago

I feel Alfred Morris should get some love also.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#67 | 595 days ago

I selected rg 3 only because my choice Alferd Morris is not only the ballot. Morris finished 2nd total yards rushing (1613)  only to AP who almost eclipsed the season single record 13 yds short I think) If not for Morris being able to keep defenses "honest" RG 3 would not have emassed the #'s he did. jmo Any other year, going back the last 20 probably, a rookie rb with 1600+ yards would have won RofY hands down.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#68 | 595 days ago

(Edited by Yosefederation)
Wizard31508 wrote:
I feel Alfred Morris should get some love also.
actually just read your comment after posting :) then after reviewing further, D. Martin also had 479 yds rec. on 49 recs. compared to Morris 11 rec. for 77 yds. Factoring in Martin is by far the reason Tampa won at all this year, I have to go with Martin barely over Morris. yet the truth is at least 2 qbs will finish ahead of them in both invoting. The media fell in love with Luck and RG3 from the day they were drafted and unfortunately, they are the deciders.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#69 | 594 days ago

gonna say RG3.....but very very close over RUSSELL WILSON...........
#70 | 594 days ago

and we are all fooling ourselves...Andrew Luck wins
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#71 | 594 days ago

(Edited by RaiderSteeler15)
Wizard31508 wrote:
I feel Alfred Morris should get some love also.
Let's see if Morris can repeat that same performance next season in his 2nd year in the league...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#72 | 594 days ago

derms33 wrote:
and we are all fooling ourselves...Andrew Luck wins
Andrew Luck is one hell of a QB, he's tough to bring down as well...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#73 | 594 days ago

RG3 better stay healthy for the rest of his career and make sure he has a great o-line to protect him for years to come...  
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#74 | 594 days ago

DatNYCStar wrote:
I have to go with RG3 even though I don't like the Redskins. He was phenomenal this year. The only thing that slowed him down were the injuries. My second choice would be Russell Wilson. I'm picking him over Luck because Russell Wilson single-handedly led that Seahawks team all the way to the playoffs. They might even win the NFC Championship.
Russell Wilson has a defense, a running back core, as well as a WR core that supports Wilson... The Seahawks made the playoffs as a team...
Andrew Luck (Colts)  
#75 | 594 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
DatNYCStar wrote:
I have to go with RG3 even though I don't like the Redskins. He was phenomenal this year. The only thing that slowed him down were the injuries. My second choice would be Russell Wilson. I'm picking him over Luck because Russell Wilson single-handedly led that Seahawks team all the way to the playoffs. They might even win the NFC Championship.
Not necessarily single-handedly. The Hawks were 7-9 for two years in a row with Hasselbeck and then Jackson. There were changes to the front 7 on D that helped a lot there, and of course Wilson filled in some missing pieces - but it's not like the team was 2-14. However, what a lot of people fail to recognize is that Luck didn't single-handedly turn the Colts around either. That team underwent a complete overhaul. Sure he's great and will undoubtedly be elite one day but I don't think this year.

IMO Griffin was the most consistently phenomenal throughout the season and should win it. However, Derms is right - I've changed my mind and think that even though RG3 is more deserving, Luck probably will win it based on what I'm hearing from the "experts".
RG3 ('Skins)  
#76 | 594 days ago

Jess wrote:
Not necessarily single-handedly. The Hawks were 7-9 for two years in a row with Hasselbeck and then Jackson. There were changes to the front 7 on D that helped a lot there, and of course Wilson filled in some missing pieces - but it's not like the team was 2-14. However, what a lot of people fail to recognize is that Luck didn't single-handedly turn the Colts around either. That team underwent a complete overhaul. Sure he's great and will undoubtedly be elite one day but I don't think this year.

IMO Griffin was the most consistently phenomenal throughout the season and should win it. However, Derms is right - I've changed my mind and think that even though RG3 is more deserving, Luck probably will win it based on what I'm hearing from the "experts".
RG3 ('Skins)  
#77 | 593 days ago

RaiderSteeler15 wrote:
Let's see if Morris can repeat that same performance next season in his 2nd year in the league...
Repeating it next year will not win him rookie of the year this year.
RG3 ('Skins)  
#78 | 592 days ago

Luck: Record 11-5 YDS (4629) 4374pass 255rush TDS (28) 23pass 5rush TO (28) 18int 10fumble QB Rating 76.5 comp% 54.1

RGIII Record    9-6 YDS (4015) 3200pass 815rush TDS (27) 20pass 7rush TO (17) 5int   12fumble QB Rating 102.4 Comp%65.6

Wilson Record 11-5 YDS (3607) 3118pass 489rush TDS (30) 26pass 4Rush TO (16) 10int 6fumble QBRating 100.0 Comp%64.1

Luck will probably win it being the media's golden boy, but Wilson has the better numbers. More tds and fewer tunovers, than both Luck and RGIII and nearly as good a passer rating and completion percentage as RGIII.

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
NFL**Pre-Season Pick-Em**Week 4**pt. 1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, IND, SF | 8 questions asked 08/24/14
112 predictions | Last by cubfanbudman | 12 hours left
NFL**Pre-Season**Pick-Em**Week 4**pt. 2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, SF, IND | 8 questions asked 08/24/14
104 predictions | Last by Marquise | 13 hours left
NFL**Minnesota Vikings**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, MIN, SF | 8 questions asked 05/15/14
64 predictions | Last by ArmyRebel
NFL**Philadelphia Eagles**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, PHI, SF | 8 questions asked 05/03/14
104 predictions | Last by ArmyRebel
NFL**Minnesota Vikings**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, MIN, SF | 8 questions asked 05/15/14
64 predictions | Last by ArmyRebel