Skip to Next Poll »
11
Merry Christmas.
I can't believe this is my 3rd Merry Christmas poll.  Merry Christmas.   Photo

 I want to take just a moment to say thank you all for the gifts you give me everyday here.  It's hard to believe that you can make such strong connections to people that you have never even met. But, I have made such good friends in this little community of ours. Merry Christmas.   Photo

  It's funny to me how we are really  a family.  So, I wish you all a great Christmas day.  


Now, the poll.  What did you get?   I got a kick ass Bears hoodie. And tickets to the Zac Brown band concert in Feb. Merry Christmas.   Photo



| Closed on 01/24/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
14 Fans 
21%a. I got this.
0%b. I got that.
14%c. I got drunk.
64%d. Merry Christmas Beans

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#15 | 478 days ago

Oh and hah - not a great pic because of my phone, but it was enough for the kiddo to be excited about when I showed her I busted Santa last night. I love stuff like this!

I got this.  
  
54 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 478 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
And my gift to everyone here. 

#2 | 478 days ago

What the hell is going on with these big ass pictures! angry
#3 | 478 days ago

(Edited by Nick__)
Merry Christmas, Glenda!

Merry Christmas, Q!  Yes, even Kevin and Jason!  cheeky



  

Merry Christmas Beans  
#4 | 478 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Merry Christmas, Glenda!

Merry Christmas, Q!  Yes, even Kevin and Jason!  cheeky



  

Oh wow!  The letter to Santa....tears!  
I got this.  
#5 | 478 days ago

I got the joy of spending time with my family, watching the great nieces open gifts, the memories of Christmas' past, the laughter and the love. 
Santa brought me a beautiful diamond necklace and took me shopping Saturday.  

Merry Christmas everyone!  Have an awesome one!
I got this.  
#6 | 478 days ago





Merry Christmas Beans  
#7 | 478 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Merry Christmas, Glenda!

Merry Christmas, Q!  Yes, even Kevin and Jason!  cheeky



  

Merry Christmas Nick, and thank you for that.  heart
#8 | 478 days ago

Merry Christmas Everyone !!

I hope everyone is staying warm !

I opened my presents already, now I am watching movies and listening to the wind blow......

stay safe everyone !!
#9 | 478 days ago

JuJu_52 wrote:
I got the joy of spending time with my family, watching the great nieces open gifts, the memories of Christmas' past, the laughter and the love. 
Santa brought me a beautiful diamond necklace and took me shopping Saturday.  

Merry Christmas everyone!  Have an awesome one!
WOW! THERE WILL BE A LITTLE MISTLETOE ACTION FOR REAL HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM
#10 | 478 days ago

Very Merry Christmas to Everyone in Q land.

I got to spend time with the family, (Grandkids Mostly) :-)
Other then having great kids & Grand kids I got a blu ray player. That seems pretty small though. I got a healthy Grand daughter in June & going to recieve another this Friday by my oldest daughter.. I've already got the greatest gifts with family & friends. So really what more could I ask for?  Merry Christmas All..
#11 | 478 days ago

Merry Christmas, everybody!
Merry Christmas Beans  
#12 | 478 days ago

(Edited by JenX63)
Merry Xmas. I got 2 new throws (one purple, the other with peace signs all over it) a new harley hoodie and the best present of all. I got to drink last night until well...still working on that one. The house is a mess of wrapping and bags, the boys will be sugar crashing shortly...Good Times...... (editing to add) I received a grip of gift cards to places I actually like. 
I got drunk.   
#13 | 478 days ago

(Edited by ohwell_)
I went fishing and caught a Sponge Bob mylar balloon and a couple latex ones.  Ugh.
 Saw a giant loggerhead turtle.  No fish in the well though.
As we were beating the hell out of the waverunner in the ocean, I had a snowmobiling flashback.  This was much warmer!!

Merry Christmas!

PS,  no table no ring.   The usual.

Edited to say "Wine is good".
Merry Christmas Beans  
#14 | 478 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
Merry Christmas
Merry Xmas
Happy Holidays
Season's Greetings
Belated Blessed Yule
Belated Happy Hanukkah / Chanukka
Joyous Kwanzaa
Etc. ...to all of you wonderful people!

Please do me a favor and before you scold someone to "keep Christ in Christmas" or correct them on how they wish you well this season, remember that many celebrate differently, and some celebrate a holiday that existed this time of year even before Christ was born sometime in April or September or July or whenever it was over 2000 years ago. I haven't seen that yet here, but I've been seeing it all over Facebook and Twitter today. It has nothing to do with being politically correct; I don't say "Happy Holidays" just to be PC and I don't get annoyed by people telling me "Merry Christmas" or even "Happy Hanukkah". I even say it. I do get annoyed by being scolded for typing "xmas" or saying "Happy Holidays" to someone who thinks I'm disrespecting Jesus. 

/Rant

We got our #12 jerseys and renewed Seahawks season tickets from Santa. My husband surprised me with a wine rack he made, and I got some other stuff like Barnes & Nobel gift card and Pandora bead for my bracelet from my mom. The kiddo got her bow and arrow she's been wanting and a Rapunzel barbie I might steal.
I got this.  
#15 | 478 days ago

Oh and hah - not a great pic because of my phone, but it was enough for the kiddo to be excited about when I showed her I busted Santa last night. I love stuff like this!

I got this.  
#16 | 478 days ago

Nothing.  We don't exchange gifts since dad died.
#17 | 477 days ago

My new church shoes.laugh

Merry Christmas Beans  
#18 | 477 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Jess wrote:
Merry Christmas
Merry Xmas
Happy Holidays
Season's Greetings
Belated Blessed Yule
Belated Happy Hanukkah / Chanukka
Joyous Kwanzaa
Etc. ...to all of you wonderful people!

Please do me a favor and before you scold someone to "keep Christ in Christmas" or correct them on how they wish you well this season, remember that many celebrate differently, and some celebrate a holiday that existed this time of year even before Christ was born sometime in April or September or July or whenever it was over 2000 years ago. I haven't seen that yet here, but I've been seeing it all over Facebook and Twitter today. It has nothing to do with being politically correct; I don't say "Happy Holidays" just to be PC and I don't get annoyed by people telling me "Merry Christmas" or even "Happy Hanukkah". I even say it. I do get annoyed by being scolded for typing "xmas" or saying "Happy Holidays" to someone who thinks I'm disrespecting Jesus. 

/Rant

We got our #12 jerseys and renewed Seahawks season tickets from Santa. My husband surprised me with a wine rack he made, and I got some other stuff like Barnes & Nobel gift card and Pandora bead for my bracelet from my mom. The kiddo got her bow and arrow she's been wanting and a Rapunzel barbie I might steal.
I hate "Xmas" but not because it takes...umm Jesus out, but because it's not a word and I don't know how "X" became short for Christ. I've never heard anyone say "xmas" out loud, I don't think.  I also hate "Xtina". Wth is that about? No one says Xtians or Xa, or Xty, etc.... ew. What if one day everyone just started calling you M...ica? :/

(I know you knew this but I kept myself from pointing out to everyone here how much "xmas" annoys me because I didnt want them to think I was all about the Jesus, this was just a good time. lol.) 

*hey! shouldn't be Xina? 
#19 | 477 days ago

(Edited by cubsgirl)
kobe_lova wrote:
I hate "Xmas" but not because it takes...umm Jesus out, but because it's not a word and I don't know how "X" became short for Christ. I've never heard anyone say "xmas" out loud, I don't think.  I also hate "Xtina". Wth is that about? No one says Xtians or Xa, or Xty, etc.... ew. What if one day everyone just started calling you M...ica? :/

(I know you knew this but I kept myself from pointing out to everyone here how much "xmas" annoys me because I didnt want them to think I was all about the Jesus, this was just a good time. lol.) 

*hey! shouldn't be Xina? 
xmas annoys the hell out of me as well, it makes me think how lazy that person must be not to take the time to just write a whole word. 
#20 | 477 days ago

cubsgirl wrote:
xmas annoys the hell out of me as well, it makes me think how lazy that person must be not to take the time to just write a whole word. 
Sorry to have "annoyed " you all. I have a lot of family that does not celebrate Christmas. I also don't believe Jesus was born in December (yep I am pagan like that) to satisfy the masses Merry Christmas!
I got drunk.   
#21 | 477 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
JenX63 wrote:
Sorry to have "annoyed " you all. I have a lot of family that does not celebrate Christmas. I also don't believe Jesus was born in December (yep I am pagan like that) to satisfy the masses Merry Christmas!
No need to be sorry or explain. Plenty of random sh** annoys me. It's fine :)


And HA! You actually dooo take the Christ out of Christmas.. ooooooooh.
#22 | 477 days ago

(Edited by cubsgirl)
JenX63 wrote:
Sorry to have "annoyed " you all. I have a lot of family that does not celebrate Christmas. I also don't believe Jesus was born in December (yep I am pagan like that) to satisfy the masses Merry Christmas!
But it has nothing to do with  Jesus to me.  I just don't understand writing xmas. Just write the whole word.  I am not a religious person either.  

And yeah upsetting you was not my intent. it's not like I lose sleep over it, it's just a personal ugh thing. frown



But, I am sorry. 

heart
#23 | 477 days ago

cubsgirl wrote:
But it has nothing to do with  Jesus to me.  I just don't understand writing xmas. Just write the whole word.  I am not a religious person either.  

And yeah upsetting you was not my intent. it's not like I lose sleep over it, it's just a personal ugh thing. frown



But, I am sorry. 

heart
heart U, I'm not upset (silly woman).....I know what you are saying, and I am lazy...just been writing it like that since ...lord...High School (lol) damn you guys for making me feel old......crying
I got drunk.   
#24 | 477 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
heart U, I'm not upset (silly woman).....I know what you are saying, and I am lazy...just been writing it like that since ...lord...High School (lol) damn you guys for making me feel old......crying
Get that snot out of your eyes, woman!
#25 | 477 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
heart U, I'm not upset (silly woman).....I know what you are saying, and I am lazy...just been writing it like that since ...lord...High School (lol) damn you guys for making me feel old......crying
umm,  until Kevin and Jason nickname you Grandma, don't   frown
#26 | 477 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Get that snot out of your eyes, woman!
(giggling) I know really!  
I got drunk.   
#27 | 477 days ago

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and an even better New Year. This is all I got for Christmas.


#28 | 477 days ago

(Edited by Eric_)
kobe_lova wrote:
I hate "Xmas" but not because it takes...umm Jesus out, but because it's not a word and I don't know how "X" became short for Christ. I've never heard anyone say "xmas" out loud, I don't think.  I also hate "Xtina". Wth is that about? No one says Xtians or Xa, or Xty, etc.... ew. What if one day everyone just started calling you M...ica? :/

(I know you knew this but I kept myself from pointing out to everyone here how much "xmas" annoys me because I didnt want them to think I was all about the Jesus, this was just a good time. lol.) 

*hey! shouldn't be Xina? 
I have seen Xtian and Xtians before. I tweet Xmas to save time, and try not to mention the other word for obvious reasons.
#29 | 477 days ago

cubsgirl wrote:
But it has nothing to do with  Jesus to me.  I just don't understand writing xmas. Just write the whole word.  I am not a religious person either.  

And yeah upsetting you was not my intent. it's not like I lose sleep over it, it's just a personal ugh thing. frown



But, I am sorry. 

heart
I think my problem is when out here and your writing fast and you wanna make a long story short that's when I'll use the short cut . Now based upon who's profile I visit may alter my intentions. do that clear up anything?
#30 | 477 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
Sorry to have "annoyed " you all. I have a lot of family that does not celebrate Christmas. I also don't believe Jesus was born in December (yep I am pagan like that) to satisfy the masses Merry Christmas!
True friend he wasn't born DECEMBER 25 more like in October but our gallant History Buffs make changes, like taking God out of Schools and etc.
#31 | 477 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
I have seen Xtian and Xtians before. I tweet Xmas to save time, and try not to mention the other word for obvious reasons.
WOW!
#32 | 477 days ago

Got the best gift of all when my roomates and their 2 kids when out of town.  That left me with all the peace and quiet ever.  When they returned last night at roughly 10 pm, they were arguing before their butts even got out the car and didn't stop till he went to work this morning.
Merry Christmas Beans  
#33 | 477 days ago

luciousj_s wrote:
I think my problem is when out here and your writing fast and you wanna make a long story short that's when I'll use the short cut . Now based upon who's profile I visit may alter my intentions. do that clear up anything?
That's Christmas- vs-Xmas
#34 | 477 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I hate "Xmas" but not because it takes...umm Jesus out, but because it's not a word and I don't know how "X" became short for Christ. I've never heard anyone say "xmas" out loud, I don't think.  I also hate "Xtina". Wth is that about? No one says Xtians or Xa, or Xty, etc.... ew. What if one day everyone just started calling you M...ica? :/

(I know you knew this but I kept myself from pointing out to everyone here how much "xmas" annoys me because I didnt want them to think I was all about the Jesus, this was just a good time. lol.) 

*hey! shouldn't be Xina? 
Yes! She's so dumb.

(I get all that - I was just annoyed by people yesterday scolding me about "the TRUE meaning of Christmas when in all reality, just saying that to me proved that they don't know the history...it means something different to some people and they need not to be so arrogant.)
I got this.  
#35 | 477 days ago

luciousj_s wrote:
WOW!
This will come as a shock to you I'm sure, but some people think differently from you. You might want to come to terms with that.

Also, when it comes to "taking God out of the schools" (perish the thought), you might want to look up something called separation of church and state.
#36 | 477 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Eric_ wrote:
This will come as a shock to you I'm sure, but some people think differently from you. You might want to come to terms with that.

Also, when it comes to "taking God out of the schools" (perish the thought), you might want to look up something called separation of church and state.
:heart:


And yes, YOU not saying is understood. I want you to edit your grammar (post 28) because that is bugging me right now. Thanks.

Yes, Jess, I hate that crap too, along with "Jesus is the reason for the season", and "Keep the Christ in Christmas". I do what I want! My mom says mess like this. I eyeroll it. OH, they MADE me say grace yesterday, so I said the one we learned in preschool, dropped the mic and walked away :). She was NOT amused, but I had already told them not to do it.
#37 | 477 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
:heart:


And yes, YOU not saying is understood. I want you to edit your grammar (post 28) because that is bugging me right now. Thanks.

Yes, Jess, I hate that crap too, along with "Jesus is the reason for the season", and "Keep the Christ in Christmas". I do what I want! My mom says mess like this. I eyeroll it. OH, they MADE me say grace yesterday, so I said the one we learned in preschool, dropped the mic and walked away :). She was NOT amused, but I had already told them not to do it.
Done. Sorry. My brain moves faster than my fingers, and I'm a poor/lazy proofreader.
#38 | 477 days ago

I got a sport coat, shirt and pants for work....a cordless drill and a book "1960" describing the election that year...and my daughter got me a selection of (mostly) Belgian Beers, many with 10.5% alcohol volume...I like to try different beers.  She's 20, so she needed help buying them.  She wants to try the Banana Nut Beer and the Pizza beer....hmmmm....interesting...

The best gift of all, though, was having my nieces here with 4 little ones....to truly see the excitement in their eyes when Santa's loot has been dropped off.  We had gone MANY years without seeing that.
I got this.  
#39 | 477 days ago

My friend's 4 yr old daughter told her mom yesterday that "Santa has such an easy job, I think daddy could do it."

Tanya said indecision
#40 | 476 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
:heart:


And yes, YOU not saying is understood. I want you to edit your grammar (post 28) because that is bugging me right now. Thanks.

Yes, Jess, I hate that crap too, along with "Jesus is the reason for the season", and "Keep the Christ in Christmas". I do what I want! My mom says mess like this. I eyeroll it. OH, they MADE me say grace yesterday, so I said the one we learned in preschool, dropped the mic and walked away :). She was NOT amused, but I had already told them not to do it.
Over the lips, and through the gums, look out stomach here it comes.   smiley



I did that one once and got head slapped. sad

(it was worth it)
#41 | 476 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
This will come as a shock to you I'm sure, but some people think differently from you. You might want to come to terms with that.

Also, when it comes to "taking God out of the schools" (perish the thought), you might want to look up something called separation of church and state.
Wow! didn't wanna go this far but! " For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
#42 | 476 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
This will come as a shock to you I'm sure, but some people think differently from you. You might want to come to terms with that.

Also, when it comes to "taking God out of the schools" (perish the thought), you might want to look up something called separation of church and state.
So Christ-mas it is a big deal. Now as you say church & state! That's one of the problems now Separation. When we depart from the family of God we have Trouble,
#43 | 476 days ago

luciousj_s wrote:
Wow! didn't wanna go this far but! " For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
I don't know what that means, and frankly I don't care. What I do think is that separation of church and state is very important, and any attempts to combine the two push this country ever so closer to de facto theocracy. I suspect that many conservatives would like that very much.
#44 | 475 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
I don't know what that means, and frankly I don't care. What I do think is that separation of church and state is very important, and any attempts to combine the two push this country ever so closer to de facto theocracy. I suspect that many conservatives would like that very much.
Liberalism doesn't include GOD!
#45 | 475 days ago

For the record, and this is to both, I know plenty of democrats/liberals who are very much Christian and believe in God and believe Jesus is their savior. I also know some conservatives who are agnostic or atheist. I don't think they're mutually exclusive. 

And people who do NOT believe in "separation of church and state" or think that "god" needs to be in schools and the government obviously only mean *their* god - the Christian god, which would mean forcing others who believe in other gods to follow Christian practices. You know good and well that allowing religion in schools would inevitably lead to Muslim prayer or pagan rituals of sorts, which would get all sorts of panties in bunches. When Christians tout "We need God in our schools!" they need to remember stuff like this - keep one out, keep them all out. Your god is not the only god; your way is not the only way, and just because someone isn't Christian doesn't mean that they're "godless".
I got this.  
#46 | 475 days ago

I apologize for starting this mess, Glenda.

I hope everyone had a very happy holiday, and that your 2013 is FABULOUS!
I got this.  
#47 | 475 days ago

#48 | 475 days ago

Jess wrote:
For the record, and this is to both, I know plenty of democrats/liberals who are very much Christian and believe in God and believe Jesus is their savior. I also know some conservatives who are agnostic or atheist. I don't think they're mutually exclusive. 

And people who do NOT believe in "separation of church and state" or think that "god" needs to be in schools and the government obviously only mean *their* god - the Christian god, which would mean forcing others who believe in other gods to follow Christian practices. You know good and well that allowing religion in schools would inevitably lead to Muslim prayer or pagan rituals of sorts, which would get all sorts of panties in bunches. When Christians tout "We need God in our schools!" they need to remember stuff like this - keep one out, keep them all out. Your god is not the only god; your way is not the only way, and just because someone isn't Christian doesn't mean that they're "godless".
Bingo. Although for the record, I am not Christian and am very much "godless." At the same time, there aren't many elected officials out there who don't claim some sort of religious background, no matter where they are on the spectrum.

I should probably apologize too, since I of course must challenge everything, no matter how much people hate me for it. wink
#49 | 473 days ago

Jess wrote:
I apologize for starting this mess, Glenda.

I hope everyone had a very happy holiday, and that your 2013 is FABULOUS!
That's ok, Ashlie would have sooner or later anyways. smiley




j/k/ but it was fun to type.  blush
#50 | 473 days ago

cubsgirl wrote:
That's ok, Ashlie would have sooner or later anyways. smiley




j/k/ but it was fun to type.  blush
I actually did start it, that's how I roll.


Why anyone would even respond to some random person's incoherentness is beyond me. THAT, they brought on themselves.
#51 | 473 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Bingo. Although for the record, I am not Christian and am very much "godless." At the same time, there aren't many elected officials out there who don't claim some sort of religious background, no matter where they are on the spectrum.

I should probably apologize too, since I of course must challenge everything, no matter how much people hate me for it. wink
I don't hate you.  



heart
#52 | 473 days ago

luciousj_s wrote:
Liberalism doesn't include GOD!
Really? I am a liberal and have a very strong belief in God. What I do not believe in is organized religion. And I also do not believe in the hate that is preached with it.   Hate and intolerance has no place in my world. And I was raised fundamental methodist so please do not try to tell me that I am wrong.   Of course unless you believe in churches like westborogh I'm sure you won't. You do realize that  with everything we are taught in church, that Jesus, would have been the biggest liberal of all right? 
#53 | 469 days ago

luciousj_s wrote:
Liberalism doesn't include GOD!
Who is and what is Westborogh?
And for your information my friend I wanna ask you a question in your teaching where does Jesus fit into all of this?
#54 | 467 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
This will come as a shock to you I'm sure, but some people think differently from you. You might want to come to terms with that.

Also, when it comes to "taking God out of the schools" (perish the thought), you might want to look up something called separation of church and state.
Separation of church and state. that's a man's idea not Bible!

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
30 DAY DRAWING CHALLENGE DAY 25
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 08/19/13
6 opinions | 3 comments | Last by woody050681
Go ahead make my day
Asked by 18packabs | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/08/12
29 opinions | 46 comments | Last by KSbengals99
When Crap Goes Wrong!!
Asked by BamaMan | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 07/25/12
20 opinions | 19 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Neighbors,Neighbors,Neighbors
Asked by CAPTAINSEAFOOD | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 05/14/12
24 opinions | 28 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Joke of the day 12/15
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 12/15/12
12 opinions | 5 comments | Last by KSbengals99