Skip to Next Poll »
11
F/E 12/28

Welcome back. This is the part of the locker room where you can sit and chat and chill for a while without offending or being shushed. Maybe you wanna watch a dvd or listen to your mp3. Yes, I rhymed. Something on your mind, post it! Random question, ask it? Hijacking is allowed and encouraged. Join the party, troll around, have a beer. It's cool. All are welcome, but please leave all BS in the hall. 


 Go on now...

| Closed on 01/17/13 at 11:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
16 Fans 
0%a. Go Falcons....
13%b. But you have heard of me...
13%c. I guess sometime there just aren't enough rocks...
13%d. Jolly Green Giant...
13%e. I Go Crazy...
6%f. Mountain Sunrise...
44%g. Beans and Nyce...

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#6 | 572 days ago

we got a new coffee maker in the house that is so damn cool, we've gone through a pound of whole beans since christmas. we're not really drinking that much, just making it and pouring it cause it's a real blast.

  
56 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 572 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
 I'm all about my gf today
#2 | 572 days ago

Happy Friday Q'ers - hope all have fun this weekend and wishing everyone a joyous 2013!!!
#3 | 572 days ago

(Edited by icfeet)
I am THIRD!

Happy Friday Q'ers! Still feels like a Wednesday to me....oh well....last weekend of the NFL regular season.

With all the partying going on, I forgot to mention a story last week.  I was at a Christmas party where the beer, wine and cocktails were flowing.  I had a little too much to drink, so I did something I've never done before-I decided to take a cab home, because I was worried that there might be DUI checkpoints.  Sure enough, on the way home there WAS a DUI checkpoint.  The cop waved the cab right through, and I made it home safely.

My only dilemna now is....I'd never driven a cab before, it's sitting in my garage and I don't know how to get rid of it....smiley


Here's today's pic



Have a GREAT weekend!
Beans and Nyce...  
#4 | 572 days ago
Nick__ (+)

It's FRIDAY!   WOOOWHOOO

 



Beans and Nyce...  
#5 | 572 days ago

Q'rs
Flashback Friday (for me, you know how I hate change)


Yes, here we go again, give you more, nothing lesser
Back on the mic is the anti-depresser
Ad-Rock, no pressure, yes we need this
The best is yet to come and yes, believe this
 
Leggo my Eggo while I flex my ego
Stepped off Verseco, checked off Manchego
Sipping coffee, playing keno in the casino
Want a lucky number? Ask Mike Dino
 
I burn the competition like a flame thrower
My rhymes age like wine as I get older
I'm getting bolder, competition is waning
I got the feeling and I'm single laning
 
We got a party on the left, a party on the right
We gonna party for the mo**********g right to fight
Make some noise if you're with me
Make some noise if you're with me
 
Armed as erection, popular election
Getting paid every year like tax collection
Hear my perfection, rotary connection
Taking MC's down by lethal rap injection
 
I'm like an ornithologist when I get pissed
You must have drank a fizzy liquor drink and you got lifted
And sifted, I'm just whiffin'
When I catch MC's, it's time for wing clipping
 
I fly like a hawk or better yet, an eagle, a seagull
I sniff suckers out like a beagle
My ego is off and running and gone
'Cause I'm about the best and if you diss then that's wrong
 
We got a party on the left, a party on the right
We gonna party for the mo**********g right to fight
Make some noise if you're with me
Make some noise if you're with me


PEACE
I Go Crazy...  
#6 | 572 days ago

we got a new coffee maker in the house that is so damn cool, we've gone through a pound of whole beans since christmas. we're not really drinking that much, just making it and pouring it cause it's a real blast.

#7 | 572 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo




Jolly Green Giant...  
#8 | 572 days ago

Jolly Green Giant...  
#9 | 572 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
we got a new coffee maker in the house that is so damn cool, we've gone through a pound of whole beans since christmas. we're not really drinking that much, just making it and pouring it cause it's a real blast.

They're such dorks.
#10 | 572 days ago

                                        



  
I Go Crazy...  
#11 | 572 days ago

(Edited by The_Real_Stoney)
Let's see here, what's awesome in my world lately.................................... (edit* my movie review article has 1100 page views, so that's pretty cool)
I do have a hockey tournament starting tonight, and I'm looking forward to those 2 for 1 Paulaner pints and fireball whiskey shots, heyooooooooooooo

Other than that, it's Friday and it feels like a Monday.  A feeling that can be summed up by this mexican tarzan gif


#12 | 572 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
Let's see here, what's awesome in my world lately.................................... (edit* my movie review article has 1100 page views, so that's pretty cool)
I do have a hockey tournament starting tonight, and I'm looking forward to those 2 for 1 Paulaner pints and fireball whiskey shots, heyooooooooooooo

Other than that, it's Friday and it feels like a Monday.  A feeling that can be summed up by this mexican tarzan gif


i looked at it 907 times, so don't let it go to your head.

#13 | 572 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
i looked at it 907 times, so don't let it go to your head.

#14 | 572 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
The NHL owners have softened their deal to the players!  surprise

Lets pray, shall we!



Pierre LeBrun is reporting that the NHL has sent the NHL Players' Association another proposal. This one even includes some movement by the owners on such issues as contract variance and contract term limits. The contract remains a 10 year term, with mutual opt-out after 8 years.

Things that remain from previous offers are the $300 million "Make-Whole provision" and one buyout that will not count against the salary cap.

Per LeBrun's report, Details of the new offer include:

• Term limit on player contracts moves to six years from the five years NHL asked in previous offers (seven years if you're re-signing your own player).

• Year-to-year salary variance moves from five percent (NHL's previous offers) to 10 percent.

• Each team will be allowed one compliance buyout before the 2013-14 season that will not count against the salary cap but will count against the players' share.

• The Make Whole provision stays at $300 million.


Beans and Nyce...  
#15 | 572 days ago

Treading Happily
Beans and Nyce...  
#16 | 572 days ago

Go
Go
Go 
Yo shawty, it's ma birfday, we gone partay likes it's ma birfday...



(Here's my GIFirthday moment of Zen)


On the Fly Scale of G1 to G5, I plan on taking it to G6.


Stay thirsty my friends.
Beans and Nyce...  
#17 | 572 days ago

#18 | 572 days ago




Yup, it's like that today.

Florida raised the minimum wage.  Goes in effect Jan. 01.   indecision
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/business/employment/flas-minimum-wage-increases-12-cents-jan-1/nTg2x/
Beans and Nyce...  
#19 | 572 days ago

Beans and Nyce...  
#20 | 572 days ago

kteacher wrote:
#21 | 572 days ago

Beans and Nyce...  
#22 | 572 days ago

(Edited by kteacher)
Beans and Nyce...  
#23 | 572 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I get that.
Beans and Nyce...  
#24 | 572 days ago

#25 | 572 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
I get that.
yeah but with that wide wild swing of his, he wouldve gotten japped in his throat before he even had time to throw it
#26 | 572 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
1 - I'm still without computer...borrowing neighbor's
2 - I'm a little bummed we won't be going to the game this weekend...it's sinking in. I'm pouting. I'm hoping that giving our tickets away will result in enough good karma for a win. 
3 - I woke up with a headache. Ugh.
4 - Psych marathon today. EEEEEE!

But you have heard of me...  
#27 | 572 days ago

Boredom besets me, and I have an hour to go.
#28 | 572 days ago

I had a brilliant idea today. I hate giving (and receiving) gifts on Christmas because I don't like following convention. So, what if instead I gave people their Christmas gifts at some random point during the year. Like one person gets their gift in March, and another person in July. You may think this sounds strange, but to me it's one of the best ideas I've ever had.

Remember to pass the dutchie on the left hand side.
#29 | 572 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
I had a brilliant idea today. I hate giving (and receiving) gifts on Christmas because I don't like following convention. So, what if instead I gave people their Christmas gifts at some random point during the year. Like one person gets their gift in March, and another person in July. You may think this sounds strange, but to me it's one of the best ideas I've ever had.

Remember to pass the dutchie on the left hand side.

I like it. (probably because I randomly buy people things (mostly before the ultra poorness) and say Merry Christmas!
#30 | 572 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
I had a brilliant idea today. I hate giving (and receiving) gifts on Christmas because I don't like following convention. So, what if instead I gave people their Christmas gifts at some random point during the year. Like one person gets their gift in March, and another person in July. You may think this sounds strange, but to me it's one of the best ideas I've ever had.

Remember to pass the dutchie on the left hand side.
I'm all in for that, effing brilliant! I'm going to take it up a notch and hide them like an Easter egg hunt too.
Beans and Nyce...  
#31 | 572 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I'm all in for that, effing brilliant! I'm going to take it up a notch and hide them like an Easter egg hunt too.
heh.



random: I don't think I've seen as many DiCaprio films as I should have. I can only name 3 right now.
#32 | 572 days ago

Last weekend of football for my teams.

Lions play the Bears, trying to end a 7 game losing streak.

The last Lions win was the game here in Jax, vs. the Jags, a game I was in attendance.

Then, on Tuesday, yes, still the weekend wih New Years, my Michigan Wolverines will take the field for the final time this season, and it will be QB Denard Robinson's final game as a Wolverine.

I will miss watching the excitement that Denard brought on every snap of the football.

Go Blue!
But you have heard of me...  
#33 | 572 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
heh.



random: I don't think I've seen as many DiCaprio films as I should have. I can only name 3 right now.
I think he's very underrated as an actor. Titanic ruined his reputation.
But you have heard of me...  
#34 | 572 days ago

(Edited by ms_hippie_queen)
kobe_lova wrote:
heh.



random: I don't think I've seen as many DiCaprio films as I should have. I can only name 3 right now.
have you seen the departed? i think he was in that and it was great! lots of bad words and blood and stuff.

you know what? he was in it. i know he was.

(and so was marky and matt d)
#35 | 572 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
I had a brilliant idea today. I hate giving (and receiving) gifts on Christmas because I don't like following convention. So, what if instead I gave people their Christmas gifts at some random point during the year. Like one person gets their gift in March, and another person in July. You may think this sounds strange, but to me it's one of the best ideas I've ever had.

Remember to pass the dutchie on the left hand side.
sounds like Festivus.  I'll get the pole.
#36 | 572 days ago

Jess wrote:
I think he's very underrated as an actor. Titanic ruined his reputation.
I respect your opinion however I feel his lack of acting ability ruined it.cool
#37 | 572 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Boredom besets me, and I have an hour to go.
T-11 minutes 
Beans and Nyce...  
#38 | 572 days ago

Jess wrote:
I think he's very underrated as an actor. Titanic ruined his reputation.
I liked him in Revolutionary Road and J Edgar
I Go Crazy...  
#39 | 572 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
heh.



random: I don't think I've seen as many DiCaprio films as I should have. I can only name 3 right now.
most underrated is Catch Me If You Can
#40 | 572 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
JenX63 wrote:
I liked him in Revolutionary Road and J Edgar
I haven't seen those - though I want to see J Edgar. I'm hearing great things about Django too..I want to see that one. My faves of his were The Departed, Shutter Island, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Inception...I could probably actually go on. He's great.
But you have heard of me...  
#41 | 572 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

Jess wrote:
I haven't seen those - though I want to see J Edgar. I'm hearing great things about Django too..I want to see that one. My faves of his were The Departed, Shutter Island, What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Inception...I could probably actually go on. He's great.



I like quite a few of his movies.  The Departed is one of his best in my opinion  but he was also very good in Blood Diamond which i thought was a good show all around and also  Gangs of New York and like stoney metioned Catch me if you can which doesnt get enough credit as a very good movie. 
Jolly Green Giant...  
#42 | 572 days ago


It's Friday, bitches!!!!!

I'm hoping the Louisville bench looks like this during our game with UK tomorrow:


And the basketball equivalent of this afterwards:
#43 | 572 days ago

4-9 inches of snow is being predicted for the area.  Something tells me I should've done a better job grocery shopping today.  At least I added leftovers from the Ethiopian place to the fridge tonight.  I mean, this morning, they said 1-3 inches. 
#44 | 572 days ago

(Edited by Debi_L)
It was -29F when I went to bed last night, and +29F when I got up this morning.  My truck started.  figured out the starter was frozen, nothing to do with the block heater.  Went shopping.  Bought groceries, some awesome Quo makeup on half price and three different Tassimo packages, two of coffee, one of green tea.  They didn't have hot chocolate. 

Felt better today, all things considered, than I have in a while.  Took this on the way home.

Mountain Sunrise...  
#45 | 572 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
It was -29F when I went to bed last night, and +29F when I got up this morning.  My truck started.  figured out the starter was frozen, nothing to do with the block heater.  Went shopping.  Bought groceries, some awesome Quo makeup on half price and three different Tassimo packages, two of coffee, one of green tea.  They didn't have hot chocolate. 

Felt better today, all things considered, than I have in a while.  Took this on the way home.

Isn't next week January?
Beans and Nyce...  
#46 | 572 days ago

(Edited by AlwaysSunshine)
Well, it looks like my cats may have to eat people food if this snow pans out.  Unless I can get to the bank in the morning.  That's looking pretty iffy.


On a happy note, though.  My friiiiiiinds, Matt and Michelle, welcomed baby Mattison into the world about 3 hours ago.

#47 | 572 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
have you seen the departed? i think he was in that and it was great! lots of bad words and blood and stuff.

you know what? he was in it. i know he was.

(and so was marky and matt d)
(and so was marky and matt d)

So you KNOW I've seen it, lol. And loved it, and own it (I actually bought it).

Yes, Jess...and I've never even seen Titanic. Oh, and I've seen Shutter Island that makes 4.
#48 | 572 days ago

(Edited by Debi_L)
Debi_L wrote:
It was -29F when I went to bed last night, and +29F when I got up this morning.  My truck started.  figured out the starter was frozen, nothing to do with the block heater.  Went shopping.  Bought groceries, some awesome Quo makeup on half price and three different Tassimo packages, two of coffee, one of green tea.  They didn't have hot chocolate. 

Felt better today, all things considered, than I have in a while.  Took this on the way home.

Exactly my point. 
Mountain Sunrise...  
#49 | 572 days ago

Argh, I hate when I reply to myself!!!  angry
Mountain Sunrise...  
#50 | 571 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
They're such dorks.
Dorks are must for blonds
#51 | 571 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
It's FRIDAY!   WOOOWHOOO

 



Tell her not to remove further
#52 | 571 days ago

seen,
silicon velley.
#53 | 571 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
4-9 inches of snow is being predicted for the area.  Something tells me I should've done a better job grocery shopping today.  At least I added leftovers from the Ethiopian place to the fridge tonight.  I mean, this morning, they said 1-3 inches. 
Somehow, leftovers and Ethiopia  in the same sentence seem wrong.  

You're getting snow and here everything is blooming 2 months early.
I can hardly breathe.
Beans and Nyce...  
#54 | 571 days ago

ohwell_ wrote:
Somehow, leftovers and Ethiopia  in the same sentence seem wrong.  

You're getting snow and here everything is blooming 2 months early.
I can hardly breathe.
I thought the same thing as I typed that.

We only got two inches of snow.  I woke up, looked out the window, and started cussing under my breath.  That's it?  All that for two inches?
#55 | 571 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
I thought the same thing as I typed that.

We only got two inches of snow.  I woke up, looked out the window, and started cussing under my breath.  That's it?  All that for two inches?
On the bright side: you don't have to share your food with the cats!


It's just cold here, all the snow has melted. Coffee time!
I Go Crazy...  
#56 | 571 days ago

js76181 wrote:
Dorks are must for blonds
haha Jai.

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
F/E 7/23
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Today
3 opinions | 3 comments | Last by Cali_Kat
F/E 7/22
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
3 opinions | 9 comments | Last by icfeet
Phryday Philter Errr
Asked by marcus_nyce | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/18/14
7 opinions | 15 comments | Last by Beaneaters
F/E 7/21
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/21/14
7 opinions | 9 comments | Last by Debi_L
Happy Birthday, Kat!
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/18/14
9 opinions | 11 comments | Last by icfeet