Skip to Next Poll »
5
What is your favorite Marilyn Manson album
Brian Hugh Warner (Marilyn Manson) turns 44 today.  So I just wanted to know which of his albums rank the best in your opinion.
Portrait Of An American Family (1994)
Smells Like Children (1995)
Antichrist Superstar (1996)
Remix And Repent (Not a popular album. 1997)
Mechanical Animals(1998)
Last Tour On Earth (Not a popular album. 1999)
HolyWood (2000)
The Golden Age of Grotesque (2003)
Lest We Forget-The Best Of (2004)
Eat Me, Drink Me (2007)
The High End Of Low.(2009)
| Closed on 04/01/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Music | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
12 Fans 
42%a. This One
0%b. That One
33%c. Happy Birthday, I'm not a fan
25%d. other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#3 | 572 days ago

Yeah, uh, none of them. I did like to watch him back in the day though.
other  
  
17 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 572 days ago

I tended to like Mechanical Animals the best.
This One  
#2 | 572 days ago

Mechanical Animals!
This One  
#3 | 572 days ago

Yeah, uh, none of them. I did like to watch him back in the day though.
other  
#4 | 572 days ago
Nick__ (+)

I like some of his music and saw him in concert 1x with Slayer opening up.....talk about running into a wall.....try listening to an hour of Slayer and then Manson.

The only album I have is his Greatest Hits

I do have
Slutgarden,
Mobscene
The Fight Song
Disposable Teens
The Dope Show
The Beautiful People

in my iTunes library
other  
#5 | 570 days ago

I'd never make it through an album, but I used to enjoy a song or two.
#6 | 570 days ago

I'm with Nick & Ash. I don't have any albums, but I do have a half dozen or so songs that are good.
other  
#7 | 570 days ago

My favorite (and only album of his I like) is Portrait of an American Family, which I started listening to when it came out in '94 and nobody had heard of him yet. I still listen to it every now & then, but I have to be in the wrong mood.

I stopped listening to him when he sold out and rumors started surfacing that he used to be the neighbor kid on Wonder Years.

#8 | 570 days ago

Kenne wrote:
My favorite (and only album of his I like) is Portrait of an American Family, which I started listening to when it came out in '94 and nobody had heard of him yet. I still listen to it every now & then, but I have to be in the wrong mood.

I stopped listening to him when he sold out and rumors started surfacing that he used to be the neighbor kid on Wonder Years.

What's wrong with being on The Wonders Years, jerk?!
#9 | 570 days ago

I thought the rumor was he was the kid from Mr. Belvedere.
#10 | 568 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
I thought the rumor was he was the kid from Mr. Belvedere.
You're thinking of the System of a Down guy / kid from Charles in Charge rumor. Common mistake.






...aaaand I've exhausted all my alternative metal references.
other  
#11 | 567 days ago

Who had the most original makeup in Rock? 
1. David Bowie
2. Marilyn Manson
3. Kiss
4. Alice Cooper
Happy Birthday, I'm not a fan  
#12 | 567 days ago
Nick__ (+)

PurrsAlot wrote:
Who had the most original makeup in Rock? 
1. David Bowie
2. Marilyn Manson
3. Kiss
4. Alice Cooper
They were all original.

Alice Cooper was the first of these 4 to wear it, but, it wasn't anything unique

Bowie was the next artist to wear it with Ziggy Stardust and at first, he just looked like a girl....nothing to original, but, at the time it was.

KISS was definitely unique and original with their design, but not original with the idea of wearing makeup.

Manson's is original but the stage had already been set by many other before him

So, I would think that Alice Cooper would be the actual answer to this, but, I think KISS is definitely most unique and original when it comes to the first unique style of make up design.
other  
#13 | 567 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
They were all original.

Alice Cooper was the first of these 4 to wear it, but, it wasn't anything unique

Bowie was the next artist to wear it with Ziggy Stardust and at first, he just looked like a girl....nothing to original, but, at the time it was.

KISS was definitely unique and original with their design, but not original with the idea of wearing makeup.

Manson's is original but the stage had already been set by many other before him

So, I would think that Alice Cooper would be the actual answer to this, but, I think KISS is definitely most unique and original when it comes to the first unique style of make up design.
Well said though I would say that we have left out a major influence... Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show!  :D
He was amazing in that and set a trend, though it was a character in a musical.  But I think M. Manson wouldn't have existed
without Alice Cooper paving the way.  And for my money Bowie was the most unique and "odd" as in Space Oddity :)
So daring and on the edge.  While KISS was all in "lookwise" I always felt is was comic book driven.  Looked like some characters out of an ofd Batman comic book :)

But they were all and are all very daring and fun to watch.  I just LOVE Bowie :)
Happy Birthday, I'm not a fan  
#14 | 567 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
They were all original.

Alice Cooper was the first of these 4 to wear it, but, it wasn't anything unique

Bowie was the next artist to wear it with Ziggy Stardust and at first, he just looked like a girl....nothing to original, but, at the time it was.

KISS was definitely unique and original with their design, but not original with the idea of wearing makeup.

Manson's is original but the stage had already been set by many other before him

So, I would think that Alice Cooper would be the actual answer to this, but, I think KISS is definitely most unique and original when it comes to the first unique style of make up design.
And to quote John Lennon on his take on David Bowie... "It's just rock-n-roll with lipstick on!"   Love the song "Fame" they did together.
Happy Birthday, I'm not a fan  
#15 | 567 days ago
Nick__ (+)

PurrsAlot wrote:
And to quote John Lennon on his take on David Bowie... "It's just rock-n-roll with lipstick on!"   Love the song "Fame" they did together.
WURD!
other  
#16 | 567 days ago

(Edited by Kenne)
Nick__ wrote:
They were all original.

Alice Cooper was the first of these 4 to wear it, but, it wasn't anything unique

Bowie was the next artist to wear it with Ziggy Stardust and at first, he just looked like a girl....nothing to original, but, at the time it was.

KISS was definitely unique and original with their design, but not original with the idea of wearing makeup.

Manson's is original but the stage had already been set by many other before him

So, I would think that Alice Cooper would be the actual answer to this, but, I think KISS is definitely most unique and original when it comes to the first unique style of make up design.
Gwar had a way of redefining it, so did Twisted Sister & Slipknot, but like you had stated, it had already been done before.
#17 | 567 days ago

however, if Alice Cooper was the "first" that in itself makes him "unique".  No one else was doing it... so he was unique

And Tim Curry's character led the way!
Happy Birthday, I'm not a fan  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Love 'em, but...
Asked by Jess | Locker Room, Music | 1 questions asked 07/02/14
6 opinions | 14 comments | Last by Beaneaters
What is your single of the year #4
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #2
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
110 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #3
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
Which song is your favorite
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/07/12
240 opinions | 9 comments | Last by SOONERS1980