Skip to Next Poll »
17
F/E 4/10
Welcome back. This is the part of the locker room where you can sit and chat and chill for a while without offending or being shushed. Maybe you wanna watch a dvd or listen to your mp3. Yes, I rhymed. Something on your mind, post it! Random question, ask it? Hijacking is allowed and encouraged. Join the party, troll around, have a beer. It's cool. All are welcome, but please leave all BS in the hall. 
 
House of Lies finale :|

I wish it was Thursday so I could watch Hannibal.

I assume y'all have seen this (click on the video) but it still makes me laugh.


| Closed on 04/22/13 at 11:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
15 Fans 
7%a. You want me on that wall...
0%b. Creme de la creme...
13%c. You want me to get that?...
7%d. Iím about that Cash not that Tango...
33%e. Even when I'm off, I'm on...
7%f. Mountain Sunrise...
33%g. Beans...

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#3 | 530 days ago

Hi.

After many years of soul searching, multiple occupations, and travels, I believe I have finally found my place in life. The amazing part is that all this time it has been right under my nose... well, just slightly over my head...

.

Finally...  

Have a nice day.
Beans...  
  
77 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 530 days ago

Watched a the women's national title game and was not shocked at all by the outcome.  I do find it funny that throughout the tournament the announcers were constantly saying UConn's center was nursing some kind of lower leg injury.  I believe that's likely the result of either being the worst dancer I have ever seen or the fact that Geno Auriemma has been secretly kicking her for lapses in her passing skills and defensive play.  He seems to ride her more than anyone else on the team. 

By the way NCAA, way to spoil some possible karma, by telling Rick Pitino that the men's team going to cheer for the women's team would be a rules violation if the university or Pitino himself payed for the tickets.  That is until the last minute when the team had already made arraignments to travel back to Louisville.  At least Pitino showed his support by going to the game.
Mountain Sunrise...  
#2 | 530 days ago

Ashlie, it's clips like that why I love Ellen and am not ashamed about it

The Rockies......... See... They got my hopes up with some early success, then lost Monday night, but it was still a really good and entertaining game. Then last night, the get down early, but come back and take a 6-2 lead into the bottom of the 6th.. Then the proverbial god damn wheels fell off. Ruined my night, ruined Iceman's night (he was pissed), Tank didn't care, he wanted to go watch Ghost Whisperer I think.

I don't have much else.. I need to hit the batting cages at some point this week though, I will tell you that much

There's a manboy band I think from Europe called The Wanted who made the song Glad You Came, video here
It's basically my sexual philosophy in song.  However, they are an awful group
For the latest Punk Goes Pop CD, one of my favorite real bands, We Came As Romans covered the song, blew the original version out of the water and even parodied the first video with one of their own, here

The sun goes down
The stars come out
And all that counts
Is here and now
My universe will never be the same
I'm glad you came

You cast a spell on me, spell on me
You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me
And I decided you look well on me, well on me
So let's go somewhere no one else can see, you and me

Turn the lights out now
Now I'll take you by the hand
Hand you another drink
Drink it if you can
Can you spend a little time,
Time is slipping away,
Away from us so stay,
Stay with me I can make,
Make you glad you came

The sun goes down
The stars come out
And all that counts
Is here and now
My universe will never be the same
I'm glad you came
I'm glad you came

You cast a spell on me, spell on me
You hit me like the sky fell on me, fell on me
And I decided you look well on me, well on me
So let's go somewhere no one else can see, you and me

Turn the lights out now
Now I'll take you by the hand
Hand you another drink
Drink it if you can
Can you spend a little time,
Time is slipping away,
Away from us so stay,
Stay with me I can make,
Make you glad you came

The sun goes down
The stars come out
And all that counts
Is here and now
My universe will never be the same
I'm glad you came
I'm glad you came

I'm glad you came
So glad you came
I'm glad you came
I'm glad you came

The sun goes down
The stars come out
And all that counts
Is here and now
My universe will never be the same
I'm glad you came
I'm glad you came
#3 | 530 days ago

Hi.

After many years of soul searching, multiple occupations, and travels, I believe I have finally found my place in life. The amazing part is that all this time it has been right under my nose... well, just slightly over my head...

.

Finally...  

Have a nice day.
Beans...  
#4 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
As long as the Blackhawks are playing, baseball is dead to me..........and once the Hawks are done playing, the CUBS playoff hopes will have died.  The future looks bright, they say.......wait a few more years, they say.........Talk is cheap!
Production talks, bullish** walks!  

Any Bulls fans out there that are still optimistic about this year's playoff chances are either on heavy meds or are as dilusional as the Cub fans!  In their last 2 games, they lost at Detroit (26-52) and at home to Toronto (30-48)......enough said!

The Ricketts family, who own the Cubs, are trying to do a $350 Million renovation to Wrigley Field which also includes putting up a 10 story Hotel across the street. They are getting NO financial help from the city or the neighborhood. A city and neighborhood that the CUBS have flourished with revenue over the years just by their mere existence (well, because we know it's not from their success), and yet, neither the Mayor of Chicago or the neighborhood of Wrigleyville and Lakeview are willing to help out. In fact, it's come to the point that the CUBS can't even get approval from the neighborhood or Alderman to start the plans for the renovation. The Cubs signed a 20 year deal with the Roof Top owners, 7 years ago, so they have a say with regards to adding a Jumbotron next to the scoreboard and adding advertising signs. The Cubs want to add more night games and more concerts and the neighborhood and Alderman are balking at that, stating the the Ricketts Family will need to fork the bill for more police support.  This is a complete joke!  I hope the Ricketts Family moves the CUBS out of there!  They generate sooo much revenue and are not getting any support. SMH

  

This is Banjo.  I heard on the news this morning that someone in California had tied this poor dog to train tracks!  The train engineer pulled the brake in time and rescued the dog!   WHAT SICK F**K DOES THIS?!?!  WTH is wrong with people!  angry


Finally, 

"Please take of yourselves and those that you love; because that is what we are here for, that's all we got, and that is all we can take with us."
-Stevie Ray Vaughan

Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#5 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Ashlie,

That ELLEN video of Kristen Bell and the Sloth had me crying from laughter!

Everyone, you HAVE TO click on Ashlie's link in her Poll!

I'm not sure if my hottness level of Kristin Bell just went up a little or down a little based on that! 
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#6 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
As long as the Blackhawks are playing, baseball is dead to me..........and once the Hawks are done playing, the CUBS playoff hopes will have died.  The future looks bright, they say.......wait a few more years, they say.........Talk is cheap!
Production talks, bullish** walks!  

Any Bulls fans out there that are still optimistic about this year's playoff chances are either on heavy meds or are as dilusional as the Cub fans!  In their last 2 games, they lost at Detroit (26-52) and at home to Toronto (30-48)......enough said!

The Ricketts family, who own the Cubs, are trying to do a $350 Million renovation to Wrigley Field which also includes putting up a 10 story Hotel across the street. They are getting NO financial help from the city or the neighborhood. A city and neighborhood that the CUBS have flourished with revenue over the years just by their mere existence (well, because we know it's not from their success), and yet, neither the Mayor of Chicago or the neighborhood of Wrigleyville and Lakeview are willing to help out. In fact, it's come to the point that the CUBS can't even get approval from the neighborhood or Alderman to start the plans for the renovation. The Cubs signed a 20 year deal with the Roof Top owners, 7 years ago, so they have a say with regards to adding a Jumbotron next to the scoreboard and adding advertising signs. The Cubs want to add more night games and more concerts and the neighborhood and Alderman are balking at that, stating the the Ricketts Family will need to fork the bill for more police support.  This is a complete joke!  I hope the Ricketts Family moves the CUBS out of there!  They generate sooo much revenue and are not getting any support. SMH

  

This is Banjo.  I heard on the news this morning that someone in California had tied this poor dog to train tracks!  The train engineer pulled the brake in time and rescued the dog!   WHAT SICK F**K DOES THIS?!?!  WTH is wrong with people!  angry


Finally, 

"Please take of yourselves and those that you love; because that is what we are here for, that's all we got, and that is all we can take with us."
-Stevie Ray Vaughan

Interesting, however judging by this article in yesterday's Lincoln Journal Star, I doubt the Ricketts are planning on moving the Cubs.  One of the boys was raised in Omaha and so that makes them news here.
http://journalstar.com/sports/ap/baseball/cubs-chicago-close-to-wrigley-renovation-deal/image_539a40bc-f408-5f97-aec8-041e82a56377.html
Mountain Sunrise...  
#7 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
huskerdoug2009 wrote:
Interesting, however judging by this article in yesterday's Lincoln Journal Star, I doubt the Ricketts are planning on moving the Cubs.  One of the boys was raised in Omaha and so that makes them news here.
http://journalstar.com/sports/ap/baseball/cubs-chicago-close-to-wrigley-renovation-deal/image_539a40bc-f408-5f97-aec8-041e82a56377.html
No, they are not planning on moving the team. Ricketts stated in an interview with Comcast Chicago that he "hopes it doesn't come to that"......meanwhile, that family, like the rest of their fans, would rather settle on taking it in the a** instead of doing something about it!  

The whole thing is a joke!  From the franchise to owners to the neighborhood to the city!  As you can tell, I'M DONE!

The "negotiations", if that's what you want to call it, is costing the Ricketts family more money to fork over.....again, no financial help is being given by the city or state!  So, while the neighborhood continues to ask for demands, it will come at the cost of the CUBS.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#8 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Ashlie,

That ELLEN video of Kristen Bell and the Sloth had me crying from laughter!

Everyone, you HAVE TO click on Ashlie's link in her Poll!

I'm not sure if my hottness level of Kristin Bell just went up a little or down a little based on that! 
She's a crazy  emotional thing. It made me like her more.
#9 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

kobe_lova wrote:
She's a crazy  emotional thing. It made me like her more.
I was leaning that way as well.....I think she is totally sexy, but, you have to admit, that's a little on the cray-cray side?!? surprise
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#10 | 530 days ago

Hola peeples,
So the Blackhawks are the shizzle, eh?  Another night…..another win.  Can’t wait for the playoffs! 

Cubs won last night on a chilly night @ Wrigley.  It was the first time in 17+ years I didn’t have a drink during a game I attended.  No, I didn’t stop drinking (don’t be crazy), I’m getting initiated into a key club tonight and needed to “cleanse” for the event.  Massive amounts of booze will be consumed tonight.  But unlike Nick, I will make it to work tomorrow. 

Speaking of work….damn it’s crazy around here.  I need a vacation.  We’re thinking either Houston or Charlotte for MDW.  Any advice? 

Have a good day and remember, antler spray = toughness.
#11 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
jswol54 wrote:
Hola peeples,
So the Blackhawks are the shizzle, eh?  Another night…..another win.  Can’t wait for the playoffs! 

Cubs won last night on a chilly night @ Wrigley.  It was the first time in 17+ years I didn’t have a drink during a game I attended.  No, I didn’t stop drinking (don’t be crazy), I’m getting initiated into a key club tonight and needed to “cleanse” for the event.  Massive amounts of booze will be consumed tonight.  But unlike Nick, I will make it to work tomorrow. 

Speaking of work….damn it’s crazy around here.  I need a vacation.  We’re thinking either Houston or Charlotte for MDW.  Any advice? 

Have a good day and remember, antler spray = toughness.
All of this time away from this place and still.........no new material?!?  (sigh)

Hope you're doing good and the job is kick-ass!   Still waiting for that drink outing with you, but, I've already come to realize that aint gonna happen.  I don't blame you either.....it's difficult to admit when you've been successfully "called out" and someone has called your bluff!  wink


Houston and Charlotte are 2 cities that I want to visit as well!  If you are looking to golf, go to Charlotte, if not, I say Houston!
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#12 | 530 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
I have a 30 minute layover in Houston, Friday morning. Is there anything that I should see or do in the Houston airport with my time?
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#13 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
All of this time away from this place and still.........no new material?!?  (sigh)

Hope you're doing good and the job is kick-ass!   Still waiting for that drink outing with you, but, I've already come to realize that aint gonna happen.  I don't blame you either.....it's difficult to admit when you've been successfully "called out" and someone has called your bluff!  wink


Houston and Charlotte are 2 cities that I want to visit as well!  If you are looking to golf, go to Charlotte, if not, I say Houston!
You still in RP?
#14 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

jswol54 wrote:
You still in RP?
yep
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#15 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

richard_cranium wrote:
I have a 30 minute layover in Houston, Friday morning. Is there anything that I should see or do in the Houston airport with my time?
I think you will see it all on your way from one terminal to the other?
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#16 | 530 days ago

(Edited by kteacher)
I want my own sloth. I'm pretty sure it would get along with Max. Kristen Bell is smart. (she is Veronica Mars)



Oh.....after the Kings played their worst game of the season in Dallas (Quick was 2012, but everyone else.....BOOOOO), my twitter timeline blew up with lots of @LAKings hate. IT. WAS. FANTASTIC. I love this winning a cup sh*t. 

Also, Nick..................the sick f**k was a senile old man who was released to his family because when questioned his answers were all over the place. 
Beans...  
#17 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
yep
Hawks watch next week Monday or Cubs watch Tuesday or Wednesday? 
#18 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
kteacher wrote:
I want my own sloth. I'm pretty sure it would get along with Max. Kristen Bell is smart. (she is Veronica Mars)



Oh.....after the Kings played their worst game of the season in Dallas (Quick was 2012, but everyone else.....BOOOOO), my twitter timeline blew up with lots of @LAKings hate. IT. WAS. FANTASTIC. I love this winning a cup sh*t. 

Also, Nick..................the sick f**k was a senile old man who was released to his family because when questioned his answers were all over the place. 
Beckster,

The Stanley Cup hangover (year) is hard to deal with.....this too shall pass.  At least you know who your real KING fans are and who the bandwagoners are!  

Ugh.....that senile old man needs to be placed in a home.........I feel a little better knowing that it was a senile old man versus some just animal hating pr**k!  ya know?
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#19 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
I think you will see it all on your way from one terminal to the other?
Why in the f**k do I have to change terminals? I am changing planes not airlines. What kind of f**cktard designed this airport, that I would have to change terminals in order to change planes on the same airline?
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#20 | 530 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I have a 30 minute layover in Houston, Friday morning. Is there anything that I should see or do in the Houston airport with my time?
You could eat some bacon....consume mass quantities of alcohol...OR....play "Spy at the Airport"....cause, as George Carlin used to say, you KNOW there's a spy at the airport...your job?  Find him....
Beans...  
#21 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

jswol54 wrote:
Hawks watch next week Monday or Cubs watch Tuesday or Wednesday? 
Week nights are out for me.  i've been working 11-12 hour days/nights since the Holiday's.......major project deadlines are reaching their end and I have a ton of validation reports to generate and check.......I've been working the evenings on my couch with the games on in the background.  (heavy sigh) frown

PS - I am not watching any Cub games until the Hawks are done.....sorry, I refuse to at this point.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#22 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
richard_cranium wrote:
Why in the f**k do I have to change terminals? I am changing planes not airlines. What kind of f**cktard designed this airport, that I would have to change terminals in order to change planes on the same airline?
Sounds like you need a hug?   Well, you aren't getting one from me......I'm just sayin!  Angry Kevin needs to find some peace. 

Seriously though, you ok?
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#23 | 530 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
Nick__ wrote:
Sounds like you need a hug?   Well, you aren't getting one from me......I'm just sayin!  Angry Kevin needs to find some peace. 

Seriously though, you ok?
A hug?


Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#24 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Week nights are out for me.  i've been working 11-12 hour days/nights since the Holiday's.......major project deadlines are reaching their end and I have a ton of validation reports to generate and check.......I've been working the evenings on my couch with the games on in the background.  (heavy sigh) frown

PS - I am not watching any Cub games until the Hawks are done.....sorry, I refuse to at this point.
make sure you're putting cover letters on your TPS Reports
#25 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
make sure you're putting cover letters on your TPS Reports
HAHAHAHA - Yeah, that movie crossed my mind when I was typing that out! 

Thank goodness that I'm needed in the office on the weekends!

Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#26 | 530 days ago

Funniest moment of the night: M's fans giving a standing ovation for the first hit of the night, trailing 13-0. 
Saddest moment of the night: Stupid Dallas beating the Kings (all my hate's on the Stars, Ms. Becky).
Most frustrating moment of the night: My P.O.S. G**D*** MF back.
You want me to get that?...  
#27 | 530 days ago

(Edited by kteacher)
Jess wrote:
Funniest moment of the night: M's fans giving a standing ovation for the first hit of the night, trailing 13-0. 
Saddest moment of the night: Stupid Dallas beating the Kings (all my hate's on the Stars, Ms. Becky).
Most frustrating moment of the night: My P.O.S. G**D*** MF back.
heart


(Do you follow @DucksFanZone.? I'm guessing you don't because you have a sense of humor. .......she or he doesn't like the Kings twitter and what she started washed away the yuck of a game I watched last night.)
Beans...  
#28 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Week nights are out for me.  i've been working 11-12 hour days/nights since the Holiday's.......major project deadlines are reaching their end and I have a ton of validation reports to generate and check.......I've been working the evenings on my couch with the games on in the background.  (heavy sigh) frown

PS - I am not watching any Cub games until the Hawks are done.....sorry, I refuse to at this point.
Well don't say I didn't offer.  We can grab some brews on the weekend, bandwagon. 
#29 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

richard_cranium wrote:
A hug?


Yeah, look who I'm talking to?

Hugs?!?!?  WTF was a I thinkin....sorry, man......my bad!



How about



+

Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#30 | 530 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
jswol54 wrote:
You still in RP?
I always just assumed that Nick lived in the Boystown area of Chicago.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#31 | 530 days ago

kteacher wrote:
heart


(Do you follow @DucksFanZone.? I'm guessing you don't because you have a sense of humor. .......she or he doesn't like the Kings twitter and what she started washed away the yuck of a game I watched last night.)
I think I did follow it at one point but stopped - I don't follow it now. I've done that with a few hockey twitters because they can be weird. I hear the Kings one is awesome though.
You want me to get that?...  
#32 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

richard_cranium wrote:
I always just assumed that Nick lived in the Boystown area of Chicago.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#33 | 530 days ago

Jess wrote:
I think I did follow it at one point but stopped - I don't follow it now. I've done that with a few hockey twitters because they can be weird. I hear the Kings one is awesome though.
I've done that too.....stopped following a couple Kings ones. THe guy who does the pregame write up for Kings games (not affiliated with the Kings....officially) @theroyalhalf has been making fun of the Kings for years (and he's a fan). Now with them having finally won a cup, he makes fun of everyone. Not everyone enjoys his sense of humor. lol
Beans...  
#34 | 530 days ago




pffff.....
You want me to get that?...  
#35 | 530 days ago

(Edited by WISAC1)
icfeet wrote:
You could eat some bacon....consume mass quantities of alcohol...OR....play "Spy at the Airport"....cause, as George Carlin used to say, you KNOW there's a spy at the airport...your job?  Find him....
the same kind of SH*TBIRD that designs freeway interchanges  REPLIED TO THE WRONG POST.  SH*T. 
You want me on that wall...  
#36 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

ms_hippie_queen wrote:



pffff.....
PERVERT!





No, not you, Leigh, I am talking to my inner child.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#37 | 530 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:



pffff.....
Hmm, so you're a Furry? I'm glad that the F/E is a safe enough place for people to be open about things like this. Okay. So here goes. *deep breath* I like putting on women's underpanties and using clothes pins dipped in brown mustard to...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, you meant JJ?




Carry on people. Nothing to see here.
Beans...  
#38 | 530 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I have a 30 minute layover in Houston, Friday morning. Is there anything that I should see or do in the Houston airport with my time?
if you're flying in to bush, that tram thing is a blast. just don't touch anything.

if you're going to hobby, there's a field nearby where like 100's of dead folks have been found. you could poke around there and have a kind of a dark easter egg hunt. also, the first floor is worth visiting just for the smell.
You want me to get that?...  
#39 | 530 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Hmm, so you're a Furry? I'm glad that the F/E is a safe enough place for people to be open about things like this. Okay. So here goes. *deep breath* I like putting on women's underpanties and using clothes pins dipped in brown mustard to...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh, you meant JJ?




Carry on people. Nothing to see here.
i'd do 'em both from the front.
You want me to get that?...  
#40 | 530 days ago

nothing new on the "Stella Watch".   apparently she wants to wait till her due date April 19.   when she arrives you'll be the first to know.  and there will be FREE HUGS for whoever wants one.
You want me on that wall...  
#41 | 530 days ago

purple, cheetah print, or both? 
Beans...  
#42 | 530 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
if you're flying in to bush, that tram thing is a blast. just don't touch anything.

if you're going to hobby, there's a field nearby where like 100's of dead folks have been found. you could poke around there and have a kind of a dark easter egg hunt. also, the first floor is worth visiting just for the smell.
Hobby it is, sounds like a fun time hunting for dead bodies. Probably not nearly as stressful as hiding them.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#43 | 530 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
Why in the f**k do I have to change terminals? I am changing planes not airlines. What kind of f**cktard designed this airport, that I would have to change terminals in order to change planes on the same airline?
Last time I flew into George Bush's namesake their in Houston, it seemed like it took 30 minutes from the time the airplane touched down until the plane got to the terminal so we could deplane. 
Mountain Sunrise...  
#44 | 530 days ago

THIS is AWESOME. lol
Beans...  
#45 | 530 days ago

This song pretty much sums up my thoughts for today.
Tori Amos, Flying Dutchman

Hey kid, I've got a ride for you.
They say, your brain is a comic book tatoo
And you'll never be anything.
What will you do with your life, oh,
That's all you hear from noon till night.

Take a trip on a rocket ship, baby, where the sea is the sky.
I know the guy who runs the place and he's out of sight.
Flying Dutchman are you out there?
Flying Dutchman are you out there, Flying Dutchman?

Straight suits, they don't understand.
She tried that one with the alligator boots but the other side drew her in.
Heart falling fast when she left, even the Milky Way was dressed in black.

Take a trip on a rocket ship, baby, where the sea is the sky.
I know the guy who runs the place and he's out of sight.
Flying Dutchman are you out there?
Flying Dutchman are you out there, Flying Dutchman?

'Cause they can't see what you're born to be.
They can see me.
They can't be
What they can't believe.
They can see what you see.

They keep the boys spinning in their own little world.
Tie him up so he won't say a word.
They keep the boys spinning in their own little world.
So afraid he'll be what they never were.


My 15 yr old goddaughter found her dad yesterday, victim of a heart attack.  Her mom died in 2005.  My heart is breaking today.  Love 'em while you've got 'em.
#46 | 530 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
i'd do 'em both from the front.
You = This.
Beans...  
#47 | 530 days ago

kteacher wrote:
THIS is AWESOME. lol
That was my first genuine laugh of the day.
#48 | 530 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
I always just assumed that Nick lived in the Boystown area of Chicago.
He moved.  Too many Zima induced "memories" round those parts. 
#49 | 530 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
You = This.
you = this
You want me to get that?...  
#50 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
As long as the Blackhawks are playing, baseball is dead to me..........and once the Hawks are done playing, the CUBS playoff hopes will have died.  The future looks bright, they say.......wait a few more years, they say.........Talk is cheap!
Production talks, bullish** walks!  

Any Bulls fans out there that are still optimistic about this year's playoff chances are either on heavy meds or are as dilusional as the Cub fans!  In their last 2 games, they lost at Detroit (26-52) and at home to Toronto (30-48)......enough said!

The Ricketts family, who own the Cubs, are trying to do a $350 Million renovation to Wrigley Field which also includes putting up a 10 story Hotel across the street. They are getting NO financial help from the city or the neighborhood. A city and neighborhood that the CUBS have flourished with revenue over the years just by their mere existence (well, because we know it's not from their success), and yet, neither the Mayor of Chicago or the neighborhood of Wrigleyville and Lakeview are willing to help out. In fact, it's come to the point that the CUBS can't even get approval from the neighborhood or Alderman to start the plans for the renovation. The Cubs signed a 20 year deal with the Roof Top owners, 7 years ago, so they have a say with regards to adding a Jumbotron next to the scoreboard and adding advertising signs. The Cubs want to add more night games and more concerts and the neighborhood and Alderman are balking at that, stating the the Ricketts Family will need to fork the bill for more police support.  This is a complete joke!  I hope the Ricketts Family moves the CUBS out of there!  They generate sooo much revenue and are not getting any support. SMH

  

This is Banjo.  I heard on the news this morning that someone in California had tied this poor dog to train tracks!  The train engineer pulled the brake in time and rescued the dog!   WHAT SICK F**K DOES THIS?!?!  WTH is wrong with people!  angry


Finally, 

"Please take of yourselves and those that you love; because that is what we are here for, that's all we got, and that is all we can take with us."
-Stevie Ray Vaughan

Why exactly are the Cubs owed public money? All the studies have shown that stadiums do not provide that much economic benefit due to the substitution effect. If the stadium or the team wasn't there, the entertainment dollars that would've been spent there would be spent on something else. Worse yet, the ultimate cost to the public is always higher than originally estimated (see: the Marlins situation). If the Ricketts family wants to better monetize their park like what Boston's owner did to Fenway, that's fine, but they should pay for it themselves. Any talk of them moving the team is asinine. Where else are they going to go that would allow them to make more money?

Also I'll point out that in baseball, walking is a form of production.
#51 | 530 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Why exactly are the Cubs owed public money? All the studies have shown that stadiums do not provide that much economic benefit due to the substitution effect. If the stadium or the team wasn't there, the entertainment dollars that would've been spent there would be spent on something else. Worse yet, the ultimate cost to the public is always higher than originally estimated (see: the Marlins situation). If the Ricketts family wants to better monetize their park like what Boston's owner did to Fenway, that's fine, but they should pay for it themselves. Any talk of them moving the team is asinine. Where else are they going to go that would allow them to make more money?

Also I'll point out that in baseball, walking is a form of production.
i want to slap altuve in the face with this post. dude has a strike zone the size of a barbie dream house.
You want me to get that?...  
#52 | 530 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Why exactly are the Cubs owed public money? All the studies have shown that stadiums do not provide that much economic benefit due to the substitution effect. If the stadium or the team wasn't there, the entertainment dollars that would've been spent there would be spent on something else. Worse yet, the ultimate cost to the public is always higher than originally estimated (see: the Marlins situation). If the Ricketts family wants to better monetize their park like what Boston's owner did to Fenway, that's fine, but they should pay for it themselves. Any talk of them moving the team is asinine. Where else are they going to go that would allow them to make more money?

Also I'll point out that in baseball, walking is a form of production.
I knew a guy in high school who'd rather strike out than get on base with a walk. Obviously he cared more about the team than individual glory. *eyeroll*
You want me to get that?...  
#53 | 530 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
i want to slap altuve in the face with this post. dude has a strike zone the size of a barbie dream house.
Well, he is a Lilliputian, so that's to be expected. It's a good thing too, more walks = higher OBP = less outs made = more runs scored.
#54 | 530 days ago

I have the opposite dilemma as Nick in regards to hockey and baseball. The Caps were such a disaster early that I basically wrote off the season. Lo and behold, the Caps get hot and get into the division lead (Thanks Southleast!), and I have to try and rev back into it. Unfortunately, baseball has started, and thus I find myself rather watching that. Thus, I only saw the last 2 minutes of last night's hockey game. Eh, it is what it is.

Realized today that Strasburg is pitching Saturday, which will be my first live game of the year. Sweet.

Second straight day I got out of work early due to unbearable heat, which is what happens when the temps push 80 and even 90 today in April and May before the A/C gets turned on. If it didn't happen every year, I'd say it's part of the sequester. If someone dies of heat stroke, it's one less salary to deal with!

Find of the Day: Sport Balls Replaced With Cats
#55 | 530 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Why exactly are the Cubs owed public money? All the studies have shown that stadiums do not provide that much economic benefit due to the substitution effect. If the stadium or the team wasn't there, the entertainment dollars that would've been spent there would be spent on something else. Worse yet, the ultimate cost to the public is always higher than originally estimated (see: the Marlins situation). If the Ricketts family wants to better monetize their park like what Boston's owner did to Fenway, that's fine, but they should pay for it themselves. Any talk of them moving the team is asinine. Where else are they going to go that would allow them to make more money?

Also I'll point out that in baseball, walking is a form of production.
 I agree, and the taxpayers just got screwed again and are now paying for renovations for Sun Life Stadium.   So we can "Host" the
Superbowl.   Hello, fan here,  How about we are in a Superbowl?   How about we become more than the MLB farm team?

Ugh, just ugh.

I see first hand how sports team owners live, they don't need any (more) help from the taxpayer.
#56 | 530 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
Eric/Nick - I kind of wish I could be like either one of you and not care about one or the other. I have the dilemma that both of my teams are west coast and when the M's have night games, chances are pretty good that the Ducks are going to play at or around the same time. I refuse to DVR games (it's just not worth it to me, considering I can't stay away from twitter and a game just isn't the same once you already know the outcome). Again tonight, I'm going to be a mess.
You want me to get that?...  
#57 | 530 days ago

Hmmmm.....Jonathan Quick's wife had a little boy today. His name is Carter. Needless to say, Twitter is entertaining me right now. 
Beans...  
#58 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Eric_ wrote:
Why exactly are the Cubs owed public money? All the studies have shown that stadiums do not provide that much economic benefit due to the substitution effect. If the stadium or the team wasn't there, the entertainment dollars that would've been spent there would be spent on something else. Worse yet, the ultimate cost to the public is always higher than originally estimated (see: the Marlins situation). If the Ricketts family wants to better monetize their park like what Boston's owner did to Fenway, that's fine, but they should pay for it themselves. Any talk of them moving the team is asinine. Where else are they going to go that would allow them to make more money?

Also I'll point out that in baseball, walking is a form of production.
I disagree......although it sounds logical, Wrigley Field and the Cubs generate a sh** load of money to the bars and restaurants in that area.......if they were gone, there would be a lot less foot traffic that gets generated to the vendors in that hood.

Wrigley is a tourist attraction.....if no one is playing there, the tourists would not be in the neighborhood to throw their $$ at the neighborhood establishments.

All I am saying is that the rooftop owners and the establishments near the park reap more revenue from that team than they would of they were not there, but, they are refusing to cooperate with what the Cubs want to do or, for that matter, even pitch in, in any way.

As with anything, there are always more than 1 point of view on a given topic.....My point is that the neighborhood and city, which make more from this team than they would if they weren't there, should either help out financlally or cooperate with the renovations that are being asked.........I'm not saying give in and lie down, but, at this point, the neighborhood and city are asking for the world while giving back nothing!
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#59 | 530 days ago

Jess wrote:
Eric/Nick - I kind of wish I could be like either one of you and not care about one or the other. I have the dilemma that both of my teams are west coast and when the M's have night games, chances are pretty good that the Ducks are going to play at or around the same time. I refuse to DVR games (it's just not worth it to me, considering I can't stay away from twitter and a game just isn't the same once you already know the outcome). Again tonight, I'm going to be a mess.
Well in my case, it was the more the Caps were unwatchably bad at the start of the season, and I was slow to wake up to the fact that they had recovered. By that time, baseball, a sport higher up in my hierarchy had started, a sport I love enough to buy a full season package so I could follow every game. If the Caps weren't so terrible at the beginning, I would've been watching through the winter, and thus be more invested. It's hard to get reinvested on the fly.

(Again, hockey fans, I'm aware of my bandwagon-ness on this.)
#60 | 530 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Well in my case, it was the more the Caps were unwatchably bad at the start of the season, and I was slow to wake up to the fact that they had recovered. By that time, baseball, a sport higher up in my hierarchy had started, a sport I love enough to buy a full season package so I could follow every game. If the Caps weren't so terrible at the beginning, I would've been watching through the winter, and thus be more invested. It's hard to get reinvested on the fly.

(Again, hockey fans, I'm aware of my bandwagon-ness on this.)
I must just be a glutton for punishment, because I don't even care how laughable my teams are early or late, I can't quit them.

Also (and this isn't for you, Eric - you don't watch it) - for my TWD fan friends...Oh. Em. Gee. *dead*
You want me to get that?...  
#61 | 530 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
you = this
I was hoping it was going to be a phonecam clip of a bird walking around an empty WalMart, but that was even more strange and sweet*


(*See what i did there?)
Beans...  
#62 | 530 days ago

kteacher wrote:
I want my own sloth. I'm pretty sure it would get along with Max. Kristen Bell is smart. (she is Veronica Mars)



Oh.....after the Kings played their worst game of the season in Dallas (Quick was 2012, but everyone else.....BOOOOO), my twitter timeline blew up with lots of @LAKings hate. IT. WAS. FANTASTIC. I love this winning a cup sh*t. 

Also, Nick..................the sick f**k was a senile old man who was released to his family because when questioned his answers were all over the place. 
Thanks for that last bit of info.  I have been so productive today at home it isn't even funny.  Then I come on here and read that about Banjo and was all crying

I'm having a movie day.  The new Footloose, the last Twilight Movie blush and now Country Strong.  I am so much more productive when I have music, so I've had music and pictures!!!!  It's so beautiful out, I really want to go outside and spend some time in my gardens, but there is still too much snow.  It's melting quickly, but it will be a few days before I can get anywhere in the gardens.  In the meantime, house cleaning, re-arranging and winter clothes storing!
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#63 | 530 days ago

(Edited by ohwell_)
I had a lot of things to say, then...

STELLA ARTOIS!!!!!


Edited  because Damn.
#64 | 530 days ago

kteacher wrote:
purple, cheetah print, or both? 
purple cheetah print
#65 | 530 days ago

I went to the basketball celebration today.  Good times.  It was great to welcome home the national champs and the runners-up.  They worked so hard all season and I hope they can get some rest soon.  Poor Luke Hancock.  He is just not used to the attention and it's wearing him out.  I will miss Peyton Siva.  He is the most genuine good kid and a Christian who actually practices what he preaches.  Love his dad, also, who has been here to support him all along.  I'll not talk too much more about it.  Stoney, I'll leave you with a little of my love for Luke Hancock and his mighty beard.

Final Four Most Outstanding Player Luke Hancock, a forward off the bench, scored 22 points on only six shots from the field. The bearded sparkplug just could not miss.
#66 | 530 days ago

ohwell_ wrote:
I had a lot of things to say, then...

STELLA ARTOIS!!!!!


Edited  because Damn.
Or these:

Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#67 | 530 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
Jess wrote:
I must just be a glutton for punishment, because I don't even care how laughable my teams are early or late, I can't quit them.

Also (and this isn't for you, Eric - you don't watch it) - for my TWD fan friends...Oh. Em. Gee. *dead*
Jess, I haven't quit the Cubs.............but I am extremely frustrated with the lack of production this team has given us Cubs fans......I mean, COME ON, it's been over a 100 years.........I will never quit on them, but, I do get to a point where they need to start showing me why I am investing all of my emotion and energy in them.  I trust in what Epstein and Hoyer are trying to do and like the nucleus of what we have to build around, but, at the same time, I have been following this team for 38 years and, crap, I even had season tickets last year.  I've been to more Cub games than any other sport or team..........I'm just saying that I am at a point where I need to back off and they need to show me a reason to invest all of that emotion and energy again.

Now, when it comes to the Blackhawks or Bears, I've never had that problem.......I am a sucker for those 2 sports and will never back away from supporting them......kind of funny how I am about that, huh?!?!  laugh

Plus, you really can't compare Cubs fans with any other fan.  I mean, we've been picked on, laughed at and ridiculed much, much longer than an other fan of any other team........I give major props to people like Glenda that still believe that this is our year.....I really do......I just can't invest that energy any more until I start to see the progress.....so, for now, I look on from a distance, hoping!
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#68 | 530 days ago

They are re-airing the pilot of Hannibal tonight if anyone missed it but wants to try it.


p.s. It's hot as hell! *In Bernie Mac's voice*, This is some BULLs***!
#69 | 530 days ago

I think any fan that has been a fan of a team for years and years without experiencing the "Big ONE" is the same as the next. We've (well.....not anymore for me because well the Kings won the SC last year) all experienced being the butt of a joke, horrible drafts.........or the worse....horrible drafts while watching at a draft party, horrible trades, horrible free agent signings, horrible 4-0 exits in the playoffs, long gaps between being in the playoffs.....etc...
Beans...  
#70 | 530 days ago

kteacher wrote:
I think any fan that has been a fan of a team for years and years without experiencing the "Big ONE" is the same as the next. We've (well.....not anymore for me because well the Kings won the SC last year) all experienced being the butt of a joke, horrible drafts.........or the worse....horrible drafts while watching at a draft party, horrible trades, horrible free agent signings, horrible 4-0 exits in the playoffs, long gaps between being in the playoffs.....etc...


experienced being the butt of a joke, horrible drafts.........or the worse....horrible drafts while watching at a draft party, horrible trades, horrible free agent signings, horrible 4-0 exits in the playoffs, long gaps between being in the playoffs..


Wow you just described a falcons fan in detail indecision
#71 | 530 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Jess, I haven't quit the Cubs.............but I am extremely frustrated with the lack of production this team has given us Cubs fans......I mean, COME ON, it's been over a 100 years.........I will never quit on them, but, I do get to a point where they need to start showing me why I am investing all of my emotion and energy in them.  I trust in what Epstein and Hoyer are trying to do and like the nucleus of what we have to build around, but, at the same time, I have been following this team for 38 years and, crap, I even had season tickets last year.  I've been to more Cub games than any other sport or team..........I'm just saying that I am at a point where I need to back off and they need to show me a reason to invest all of that emotion and energy again.

Now, when it comes to the Blackhawks or Bears, I've never had that problem.......I am a sucker for those 2 sports and will never back away from supporting them......kind of funny how I am about that, huh?!?!  laugh

Plus, you really can't compare Cubs fans with any other fan.  I mean, we've been picked on, laughed at and ridiculed much, much longer than an other fan of any other team........I give major props to people like Glenda that still believe that this is our year.....I really do......I just can't invest that energy any more until I start to see the progress.....so, for now, I look on from a distance, hoping!
I get it. I'm not that kind of person, but I get it (and if you think Seattle teams, players, and fans don't get ridiculed, you're silly. It doesn't stop at sports though - a lot of other team fans even go so far as ridiculing the city and its residents just to be jerks.) 

Some fans need results to show that their devotion and hard earned money spent on memorabilia is worth something. I don't (obviously...look at my Seattle sports collection.) Yes, I just recently started getting back into baseball several years ago but that "break" had nothing to do with the M's performance and everything to do with where I was in my own life at the time. It's also hard to watch games/keep up on what's going on when you don't have a television or access to the internet.

None of this makes any of us more or less fans than the other - just different. That's why I said I kind of wish I was more like that sometimes...well, that and the fact that I seriously have some sort of panic attack when two of my teams play at the same time. Maybe it's a good thing the Mariners don't ever go to the playoffs...could you imagine me in October if it so happened that the Seahawks, Mariners, and Ducks all played at the same time? I would need to be committed. 
You want me to get that?...  
#72 | 529 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Apparently my posts are either taken out of context or are disinteresting........or both.  I get it.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#73 | 529 days ago

Saw a unicorn in real life, not really but it is as close as I may ever get. I saw this guy at 7-11. He had a rat tail mullett, 70's porn-stache, Dale Earnhardt JR hat, Tap-Out Tshirt(sleeves cut off showing his barbed wire tattoo), and Ed Hardy jeans. He was the Mona Lisa of redneck douchebaggery!
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#74 | 529 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


experienced being the butt of a joke, horrible drafts.........or the worse....horrible drafts while watching at a draft party, horrible trades, horrible free agent signings, horrible 4-0 exits in the playoffs, long gaps between being in the playoffs..


Wow you just described a falcons fan in detail indecision
I read nothing related to whatever conversation y'all were rambling on about but F*** you! Good day!
#75 | 529 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Jess, I haven't quit the Cubs.............but I am extremely frustrated with the lack of production this team has given us Cubs fans......I mean, COME ON, it's been over a 100 years.........I will never quit on them, but, I do get to a point where they need to start showing me why I am investing all of my emotion and energy in them.  I trust in what Epstein and Hoyer are trying to do and like the nucleus of what we have to build around, but, at the same time, I have been following this team for 38 years and, crap, I even had season tickets last year.  I've been to more Cub games than any other sport or team..........I'm just saying that I am at a point where I need to back off and they need to show me a reason to invest all of that emotion and energy again.

Now, when it comes to the Blackhawks or Bears, I've never had that problem.......I am a sucker for those 2 sports and will never back away from supporting them......kind of funny how I am about that, huh?!?!  laugh

Plus, you really can't compare Cubs fans with any other fan.  I mean, we've been picked on, laughed at and ridiculed much, much longer than an other fan of any other team........I give major props to people like Glenda that still believe that this is our year.....I really do......I just can't invest that energy any more until I start to see the progress.....so, for now, I look on from a distance, hoping!
Try being a Flames fan right now.  They really haven't done much of anything in years, and now they are in rebuild mode.  It's almost painful to watch, but I do still watch.  I watched until the bitter end last night while they held on to a 1-1 tie until the last half of the third period and then lost 4-1.  

I get it.  
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#76 | 529 days ago

kteacher wrote:
I've done that too.....stopped following a couple Kings ones. THe guy who does the pregame write up for Kings games (not affiliated with the Kings....officially) @theroyalhalf has been making fun of the Kings for years (and he's a fan). Now with them having finally won a cup, he makes fun of everyone. Not everyone enjoys his sense of humor. lol
I love @throyalhalf!!!! Have been following him for a while now and he can cheer me up when nothing else can.
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  
#77 | 529 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Debi_L wrote:
Try being a Flames fan right now.  They really haven't done much of anything in years, and now they are in rebuild mode.  It's almost painful to watch, but I do still watch.  I watched until the bitter end last night while they held on to a 1-1 tie until the last half of the third period and then lost 4-1.  

I get it.  
I hear ya!   At least the Flames have had some success and a Cup win, within the past 100 years.  laugh

I think, maybe, why I turn away from the Cubs and not the Blackhawks or Bears is because I have seen success from those 2 teams in my lifetime, so, in a sense, my bucket list for those 2 teams are marked off?  
Even when I'm off, I'm on...  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Filter Error 9/19
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/19/14
8 opinions | 31 comments | Last by woody050681
Filter Error 9/18
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/18/14
6 opinions | 28 comments | Last by woody050681
Filter Error 9/17
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/17/14
10 opinions | 19 comments | Last by Dream_Machine
Favorite Teams?
Asked by OneStepBeyond | Locker Room, FanIQ | 1 questions asked 02/12/13
23 opinions | 26 comments | Last by ML31
True Confessional...
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/17/14
8 opinions | 24 comments | Last by icfeet