Skip to Next Poll »
16
Sports Movie Madness Other Region (Edited 04/24/13 02:45PM by sisyphus1992)
I'm taking Nyce's advice, or stealing his idea.
Here is my idea of the top 64 sports movies since 1970.
My process.
I only chose movies made 1970 or later.
If you can drink and still compete I didn't consider it a sport. So no poker, pool, bowling, etc...

I know some very good movies didn't make it but there were only 64 slots.
Feel free to disparage my judgement in the coments.
| Closed on 04/26/13 at 04:00AM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Movies | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
32 Fans 
 1. Hoosiers vs The Rookie (0 points)
91%a. Hoosiers(1986) 1
9%b. The Rookie(2002) 16
 2. The Wrestler vs Vision Quest (0 points)
59%a. The Wrestler(2008) 8
41%b. Vision Quest(1985) 9
 3. Jerry Maguire vs Diggstown (0 points)
72%a. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5
28%b. Diggstown(1992) 12
 4. Miracle vs Goon (0 points)
94%a. Miracle(2004) 4
6%b. Goon(2011) 13
 5. Million Dollar Baby vs The Fighter (0 points)
50%a. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6
50%b. The Fighter(2010) 11
 6. Rudy vs The Champ (0 points)
59%a. Rudy(1993) 3
41%b. The Champ(1979) 14
 7. The Blind Side vs Moneyball (0 points)
59%a. The Blind Side(2009) 7
41%b. Moneyball (2011) 10
 8. Caddyshack vs Friday Night Lights (0 points)
72%a. Caddyshack(1980) 2
28%b. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#5 | 547 days ago

I'm ready for a Miracle vs. Rudy show down. USA! USA! USA!
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
  
50 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 547 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Idk what Goon is, Go Miracle!






(p.s. I was debating whether or not I was going to do one of these, too. lol)
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#2 | 547 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Idk what Goon is, Go Miracle!






(p.s. I was debating whether or not I was going to do one of these, too. lol)
Goon is hilarious and probably sets the record for most curse words in a film.  Watch it and report back.

Oh, and FTR, RUDY is the BEST sports movie EVER!!!!!
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#3 | 547 days ago

You consider Jerry Maguire a sports movie? I thought it was a romance movie... 
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#4 | 547 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Goon is hilarious and probably sets the record for most curse words in a film.  Watch it and report back.

Oh, and FTR, RUDY is the BEST sports movie EVER!!!!!
I shall.


and ...
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#5 | 547 days ago

I'm ready for a Miracle vs. Rudy show down. USA! USA! USA!
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#6 | 547 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Goon is hilarious and probably sets the record for most curse words in a film.  Watch it and report back.

Oh, and FTR, RUDY is the BEST sports movie EVER!!!!!
Oh, and FTR, RUDY is the BEST sports movie EVER!!!!!



indecision
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#7 | 547 days ago
Nick__ (+)

All I have to say is that if CADDYSHACK doesn't win this entire contest. not just this POLL but all of them, then this place has some serious issues!


1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#8 | 547 days ago

IDK Nick- comedic wise Caddy may win but this is going to a tough battle, Remembering Blind Side makes me think of a poll but I dont too many categories, will soon submit
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#9 | 547 days ago

I haven't seen all of these movies.....so I voted for the ones I have...
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#10 | 547 days ago

I'm in the Rich Eisen / 'meh' camp when it comes to Rudy.

The fish that saved pittsburgh, fastbreak, one on one (robbie effing benson!) space jam?! Bloodsport? Wait whats the other robbie benson one where his gf is a blind figure skater or something? Hell Robbie needs his own 30 for 30.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#11 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I'm in the Rich Eisen / 'meh' camp when it comes to Rudy.

The fish that saved pittsburgh, fastbreak, one on one (robbie effing benson!) space jam?! Bloodsport? Wait whats the other robbie benson one where his gf is a blind figure skater or something? Hell Robbie needs his own 30 for 30.
Rudy = Nirvana
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#12 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I'm in the Rich Eisen / 'meh' camp when it comes to Rudy.

The fish that saved pittsburgh, fastbreak, one on one (robbie effing benson!) space jam?! Bloodsport? Wait whats the other robbie benson one where his gf is a blind figure skater or something? Hell Robbie needs his own 30 for 30.
 (i have redeemed myself, I know..you are welcome)
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#13 | 547 days ago

Hey look at that, Nyce and I have the same answers.

Rudy can lick my t*i*t
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#14 | 547 days ago

woody050681 wrote:
Hey look at that, Nyce and I have the same answers.

Rudy can lick my t*i*t
6 out of 8 ain't bad :)
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#15 | 547 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
All I have to say is that if CADDYSHACK doesn't win this entire contest. not just this POLL but all of them, then this place has some serious issues!


Not that Caddyshack isn't a good movie, but I prefer stories based on factual events. So for me movies like Miracle, Friday Night Lights, Hoosiers, The Blindside,Rudy, etc will always get my vote over Caddyshack.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#16 | 547 days ago

(Edited by marcus_nyce)
JenX63 wrote:
 (i have redeemed myself, I know..you are welcome)
Great effing job! Random: while i was doing research on my Robby Benson BioEpic30for30, I noticed that there could be a whole basketball NIT. The ones I mentioned plus Above the Rim, Basketball Diaries (DiCaprio sleeper film), Love and Basketball, Juwanna Man, Like Mike, He got Game, Glory Road, Blue Chips, the air up there (kevin effing bacon), etc. What am I missing? The Will Ferell thing? what was that?

.... yeah we need a basketball NIT
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#17 | 547 days ago

How the flying **** is Million Dollar Baby beating the Fighter? I mean...seriously. I'm over these polls.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#18 | 547 days ago

Jess wrote:
How the flying **** is Million Dollar Baby beating the Fighter? I mean...seriously. I'm over these polls.
FYI, your boy Costner got his own region.






(I'll just stand over here and watch)
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#19 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
FYI, your boy Costner got his own region.






(I'll just stand over here and watch)
lol I saw. Hey it's not as if I hate all his movies (and I actually love Mr. Brooks and Field of Dreams), I just don't understand the appeal of *him*.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#20 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I'm in the Rich Eisen / 'meh' camp when it comes to Rudy.

The fish that saved pittsburgh, fastbreak, one on one (robbie effing benson!) space jam?! Bloodsport? Wait whats the other robbie benson one where his gf is a blind figure skater or something? Hell Robbie needs his own 30 for 30.
you know you get my respect for mentioning the :Fish  yes
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#21 | 547 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
kobe_lova wrote:
Rudy = Nirvana
Says someone that has never watched Rudy.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#22 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Great effing job! Random: while i was doing research on my Robby Benson BioEpic30for30, I noticed that there could be a whole basketball NIT. The ones I mentioned plus Above the Rim, Basketball Diaries (DiCaprio sleeper film), Love and Basketball, Juwanna Man, Like Mike, He got Game, Glory Road, Blue Chips, the air up there (kevin effing bacon), etc. What am I missing? The Will Ferell thing? what was that?

.... yeah we need a basketball NIT
I like all those movies!
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#23 | 547 days ago

richard_cranium wrote:
Says someone that has never watched Rudy.
I've tried.....




one day, I'll finish it. (well, i've seen the end. I'll see it start to finish I mean)
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#24 | 547 days ago

alainpeartree wrote:
you know you get my respect for mentioning the :Fish  yes
Dr. J takes his lady on a date, to the playground after dark mind you, and just dunks for her for a good 10 minutes. #LadiesMan

There is so much "great" in that movie it's too much to handle. I just texted my brother to reminisce about it and he tells me he still has our old VHS copy (that we got for Xmas) somewhere. I have never been prouder of him.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#25 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Dr. J takes his lady on a date, to the playground after dark mind you, and just dunks for her for a good 10 minutes. #LadiesMan

There is so much "great" in that movie it's too much to handle. I just texted my brother to reminisce about it and he tells me he still has our old VHS copy (that we got for Xmas) somewhere. I have never been prouder of him.
dont forget he did it wearing 70's platform heels
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#26 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I'm in the Rich Eisen / 'meh' camp when it comes to Rudy.

The fish that saved pittsburgh, fastbreak, one on one (robbie effing benson!) space jam?! Bloodsport? Wait whats the other robbie benson one where his gf is a blind figure skater or something? Hell Robbie needs his own 30 for 30.
The Fish that saved Pittsburg was the reason I started this, then it didn't make the toop 64. I may be biased against basketball movies. As a Cleveland fan I blame Lebron.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#27 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Great effing job! Random: while i was doing research on my Robby Benson BioEpic30for30, I noticed that there could be a whole basketball NIT. The ones I mentioned plus Above the Rim, Basketball Diaries (DiCaprio sleeper film), Love and Basketball, Juwanna Man, Like Mike, He got Game, Glory Road, Blue Chips, the air up there (kevin effing bacon), etc. What am I missing? The Will Ferell thing? what was that?

.... yeah we need a basketball NIT
in all honesty, I swooned a bit heart Robby Benson
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#28 | 547 days ago

sisyphus1992 wrote:
The Fish that saved Pittsburg was the reason I started this, then it didn't make the toop 64. I may be biased against basketball movies. As a Cleveland fan I blame Lebron.
did not know there was that many Moses Guthrie fans out there
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#29 | 547 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
in all honesty, I swooned a bit heart Robby Benson
His IMDB is fantastic! A ton of voice over stuff recently including video games, plus a truly spectacular LifeTime movie run in the 90's. This is going in his 30for30 as well


We really need to have a Robby Benson fan club on pinterest
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#30 | 547 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
His IMDB is fantastic! A ton of voice over stuff recently including video games, plus a truly spectacular LifeTime movie run in the 90's. This is going in his 30for30 as well


We really need to have a Robby Benson fan club on pinterest
I'm not on Pinterest.....
eagerly awaiting his 30 for 30 though
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#31 | 547 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Rudy = Nirvana
Oh HELL no.....I know you didn't! 
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#32 | 547 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
sisyphus1992 wrote:
The Fish that saved Pittsburg was the reason I started this, then it didn't make the toop 64. I may be biased against basketball movies. As a Cleveland fan I blame Lebron.
HA!  I went and saw that movie, something like 5 days in a row when it came out.  I was 10/11 yrs old.

For some reason, I loved that movie when I was a kid.



1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#33 | 547 days ago

Admittedly I didn't watch the Blind Slide (read the book though), but the previews and everything written about made it look like treacly garbage. There I said it.

Also, Moneyball isn't getting enough credit for the fact that they actually made an entertaining movie about a book about baseball stats, without totally bastardizing the source material. I still can't believe that happened.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#34 | 547 days ago

While I'm trying to acquire PQ's, out of the 16 movies in this region, I've seen 4.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#35 | 547 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Admittedly I didn't watch the Blind Slide (read the book though), but the previews and everything written about made it look like treacly garbage. There I said it.

Also, Moneyball isn't getting enough credit for the fact that they actually made an entertaining movie about a book about baseball stats, without totally bastardizing the source material. I still can't believe that happened.
Sandra Bullock as a Southern woman, married to Tim McGraw, Michael Orr, did I mention,Sandra Bullock? Fast food, college recruiters, some playing themselves, heart warming, proper hugs DUDE! I can't even....
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#36 | 547 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
Sandra Bullock as a Southern woman, married to Tim McGraw, Michael Orr, did I mention,Sandra Bullock? Fast food, college recruiters, some playing themselves, heart warming, proper hugs DUDE! I can't even....
He doesn't like anything mainstream.

I loved the Blind Side - such a feel-good flick (regardless of how true to the book or actual story it was, I don't care - I like to be entertained)
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#37 | 547 days ago


The Net made her instantly geek sheek !  

Mmmhmmm





But i have yet to see the Blind Side (im a little behind in my movie watching) indecision
1. The Rookie(2002) 16  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#38 | 547 days ago

Jess wrote:
He doesn't like anything mainstream.

I loved the Blind Side - such a feel-good flick (regardless of how true to the book or actual story it was, I don't care - I like to be entertained)
He doesn't like it (mainstream) cause he won't let himself....agree Blindside was an awesome flick.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#39 | 546 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
jswol54 wrote:
Oh HELL no.....I know you didn't! 
Oh, you don't like Nirvana?


p.s. Blind Side convo: It's also overrated. Like way overrated, but quite enjoyable, maybe a little sappier than I hoped. I would've liked more on-field stuff, I think.  It's not my favorite Sandra Bullock role, she was alright (not oscar worthy or anything), Tim McGraw was better. The acting was good overall though and I could watch it again, but I haven't since it came out...which is probably saying something. I remember Oher saying that he didn't like how he came off a little dumber (or slower) than he is, lol.

Moneyball is probably getting the respect it deserves from people who don't bore easily. I would never read the book and have no intention of seeing the movie, but baseball nerds have told me it was okay.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#40 | 546 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Oh, you don't like Nirvana?


p.s. Blind Side convo: It's also overrated. Like way overrated, but quite enjoyable, maybe a little sappier than I hoped. I would've liked more on-field stuff, I think.  It's not my favorite Sandra Bullock role, she was alright (not oscar worthy or anything), Tim McGraw was better. The acting was good overall though and I could watch it again, but I haven't since it came out...which is probably saying something. I remember Oher saying that he didn't like how he came off a little dumber (or slower) than he is, lol.

Moneyball is probably getting the respect it deserves from people who don't bore easily. I would never read the book and have no intention of seeing the movie, but baseball nerds have told me it was okay.
it's a tad over rated...it simply is a "feel good movie"
i can not believe million dollar baby is winning. I do not like Hilary Swank...(blech)
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#41 | 546 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
it's a tad over rated...it simply is a "feel good movie"
i can not believe million dollar baby is winning. I do not like Hilary Swank...(blech)
I don't either. ugh
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#42 | 546 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I'm in the Rich Eisen / 'meh' camp when it comes to Rudy.

The fish that saved pittsburgh, fastbreak, one on one (robbie effing benson!) space jam?! Bloodsport? Wait whats the other robbie benson one where his gf is a blind figure skater or something? Hell Robbie needs his own 30 for 30.
Robbie Benson's career never fully recovered once he went "full retard" in Two of a Kind.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Goon(2011) 13  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#43 | 546 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
it's a tad over rated...it simply is a "feel good movie"
i can not believe million dollar baby is winning. I do not like Hilary Swank...(blech)
And not only is Hilary Swank blech but Million Dollar Baby was long, drawn out, and boring. Sure, it was a good story but *yawn*...it's like the chick flick of fight flicks. I LOVED The Fighter.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#44 | 546 days ago

Jess wrote:
And not only is Hilary Swank blech but Million Dollar Baby was long, drawn out, and boring. Sure, it was a good story but *yawn*...it's like the chick flick of fight flicks. I LOVED The Fighter.
(pssh and you thought you had nothing in common with us qberts) 
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. Vision Quest(1985) 9  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#45 | 546 days ago

Swank apologist here, if only for her tour-de-force 2 seasons on 90210.



Lifetime pass in my books.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#46 | 546 days ago

(Edited by ML31)
I just feel the need to chime in on The Blind Side.

It was predictable, standard Hollywood "feel good" crap.  It was not necessary to see the movie once the plot was outlined as anyone could tell you what was going to happen.  Even if (like me) one had no knowledge of the story it was based on.   I saw it on an airplane and ultimately just took the ear phones off.  They weren't necessary.  It was actually more entertaining without sound to be honest. 

There.  I said it.

PS... Million Dollar Baby was long, drawn out and boring but it was still more watchable than Blind Side.
1. The Rookie(2002) 16  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Caddyshack(1980) 2  
#47 | 546 days ago

Jeez.... I won't say it was that bad.


Nyce, you talked me into that chick on Homeland but you can't sell me Swank unless she's wrapped in Charlize... and even then I'm throwing her away immediately.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#48 | 546 days ago

(Edited by richard_cranium)
I can't explain it, but for some reason The Blindside just became the 3rd greatest sports movie ever made for me.
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Diggstown(1992) 12  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#49 | 546 days ago

ML31 wrote:
I just feel the need to chime in on The Blind Side.

It was predictable, standard Hollywood "feel good" crap.  It was not necessary to see the movie once the plot was outlined as anyone could tell you what was going to happen.  Even if (like me) one had no knowledge of the story it was based on.   I saw it on an airplane and ultimately just took the ear phones off.  They weren't necessary.  It was actually more entertaining without sound to be honest. 

There.  I said it.

PS... Million Dollar Baby was long, drawn out and boring but it was still more watchable than Blind Side.
Do you moonlight as a mime? 
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. Million Dollar Baby(2004) 6  6. Rudy(1993) 3  7. Moneyball (2011) 10  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  
#50 | 546 days ago

LMAO
1. Hoosiers(1986) 1  2. The Wrestler(2008) 8  3. Jerry Maguire(1996) 5  4. Miracle(2004) 4  5. The Fighter(2010) 11  6. The Champ(1979) 14  7. The Blind Side(2009) 7  8. Friday Night Lights(2004) 15  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Which of these sports movies was your favorite
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 1 questions asked 12/06/12
27 opinions | 37 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What are your favorite 1980's film?
Asked by TallDark95 | Locker Room, Movies | 1 questions asked 09/25/12
33 opinions | 31 comments | Last by Oddfool
Best Character in a movie #2
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 10 questions asked 12/06/12
270 opinions | 7 comments | Last by Kenne
Best character in a movie #1
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 10 questions asked 12/06/12
250 opinions | 10 comments | Last by zrok6789
Best Character in a movie #3
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Movies | 10 questions asked 12/06/12
220 opinions | 4 comments | Last by KSbengals99