Skip to Next Poll »
15
Can't Miss It
There are still a few "butt on couch" shows that I must watch when they're on, unless one of my teams are playing at the same time but not many; the DVR is a wonderful thing. However, now there are shows that I can catch up on while I'm doing other things, and shows that I have to give my full undivided attention. 

What are the shows you either must sit and watch when they're on because you just can't wait, or those that you have to sit and do nothing else while watching?
| Closed on 08/13/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, TV | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
20 Fans 
15%a. This show
55%b. These shows
5%c. I don't have any of those, but I try to catch _____ when it's on
10%d. I don't watch much TV
15%e. Other

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#39 | 534 days ago

Ever since they stopped the production of iCarly TV has been pretty much dead to me.
Other  
  
48 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 535 days ago

ummm get outta my head indecision


Totally biased, GOT, and The Killer Speaks......everything else gets dvr'd
These shows  
#2 | 535 days ago

Grimm and The Dead Files are definitely those that I have to give my undivided attention, because inevitably I know I'll miss something if not. There may be others I'll need to come back and list, but those for sure.
These shows  
#3 | 535 days ago

None anymore. Everything is On Demand, especially huge, catch up, binge-watch sessions during the June/July/August dead zone of must see sports. I effing love ripping through a season of a show over a couple of days. I haven't seen any GoT, Veep, etc. this season... yet.

On a weekly basis, I usually watch some shows Sat or Sun morning.
I don't have any of those, but I try to catch _____ when it's on  
#4 | 535 days ago

Jess wrote:
Grimm and The Dead Files are definitely those that I have to give my undivided attention, because inevitably I know I'll miss something if not. There may be others I'll need to come back and list, but those for sure.
Saw the new Dracula trailer (NBC) thought of you right away for some reason? It's from the producers of Dowton Abby, so there's that.
I don't have any of those, but I try to catch _____ when it's on  
#5 | 535 days ago

Right now only Game of Thrones.   (Which needs its own Book vs Show thread cause a bunch of non-book sh** is starting to happen which makes me want to throw my go**amn remote through my go**amn tv).
#6 | 535 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Saw the new Dracula trailer (NBC) thought of you right away for some reason? It's from the producers of Dowton Abby, so there's that.
This is one that I felt the same about Grimm at first! "It's on NBC, so chances of it being cancelled are about 90%+ so I won't start watching it until it's renewed." Of course, I caved and started watching Grimm immediately. I do love Jonathan Rys Meyers, and Dracula looks fun! (Though I'm not sure why you thought of me, unless you think I'm just kinda dark, silly, and creepy.)
These shows  
#7 | 535 days ago

There isn't a show that I DVR that I don't give my undivided attention, too. That's what reruns and movies I've seen 172x are for. Nothing is "ass in seat" for me anymore. But, Hannibal would definitely be one if it weren't for that awesome invention because I get excited for Thursdays right now. Besides that, Davinci's Demons and Psych.
#8 | 535 days ago


The Walking Dead  (ya don't wanna miss a great zombie kill) (i f'n hate these muther f'n extended breaks f'n ba*t*rds)

Let's Make A Deal (one of best game shows i cant help but enjoy it and u wouldn't wanna miss a deal or a zonk , now would u)

Big Bang Theory (**** *** hating ******* *** ********)(its just funny from start to finish)

Finding Bigfoot (its so bad i can't look away)

Dead Files (ya just cant miss anything cause its all one big puzzle)



I do like Grimm too but i often watch it via reruns so i get to see same one a couple times and can pay more attention in spurts. This is also true with most of the other shows i watch here and there. 
These shows  
#9 | 535 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
There isn't a show that I DVR that I don't give my undivided attention, too. That's what reruns and movies I've seen 172x are for. Nothing is "ass in seat" for me anymore. But, Hannibal would definitely be one if it weren't for that awesome invention because I get excited for Thursdays right now. Besides that, Davinci's Demons and Psych.
I thought about putting Psych on the list, but I admit I don't always give that my undivided attention...at least the first time I watch it. I do keep episodes on my DVR and watch, watch, and re-watch them though.
These shows  
#10 | 535 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Jason_ wrote:
Right now only Game of Thrones.   (Which needs its own Book vs Show thread cause a bunch of non-book sh** is starting to happen which makes me want to throw my go**amn remote through my go**amn tv).
Drawback of reading schtuff beforehand. It's going to adapt for tv. Settle.



Sid... stop whining. It'll be here before you know it.
Also, you watch that awful show's reruns only. You probably don't even know when it airs and on what channel besides T.B.S.
#11 | 535 days ago

Person of Interest.      shut up and leave me alone i'm concentratingyes
This show  
#12 | 535 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Drawback of reading schtuff beforehand. It's going to adapt for tv. Settle.



Sid... stop whining. It'll be here before you know it.
Also, you watch that awful show's reruns only. You probably don't even know when it airs and on what channel besides T.B.S.


*** *** **** ** ***
These shows  
#13 | 535 days ago

Jess wrote:
This is one that I felt the same about Grimm at first! "It's on NBC, so chances of it being cancelled are about 90%+ so I won't start watching it until it's renewed." Of course, I caved and started watching Grimm immediately. I do love Jonathan Rys Meyers, and Dracula looks fun! (Though I'm not sure why you thought of me, unless you think I'm just kinda dark, silly, and creepy.)
dark-ish, silly-ish, creepy-ish, but yes. lol
I don't have any of those, but I try to catch _____ when it's on  
#14 | 535 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


*** *** **** ** ***
Sh**, that's sexy.
#15 | 535 days ago

the only thing i will blatantly ignore someone during or explode in their face if they aren't getting the hint, is sports and season premieres. everything else is negotiable.
#16 | 535 days ago

I like Wilfred & Workaholics, but they're on hiatus right now.

I don't live in one of those hoity households that has TiVo or DVR or a big satellite package, so I download my shows then watch them on my Wii.
#17 | 535 days ago

There are a few:
Game of Thrones
Parks and Rec
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
Louie
#18 | 535 days ago

I don't have much TV time anymore :(

also if you people are not vigging, you're missing out.  check it out.

SPAM!!!!!!!!!!
Other  
#19 | 535 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Saw the new Dracula trailer (NBC) thought of you right away for some reason? It's from the producers of Dowton Abby, so there's that.
Netflix only has season 1 of Downton Abbey and that kid whose Hulu I was using apparently is over us. Dammit it to pieces.
#20 | 535 days ago

I don't have a DVR (because I'm technophobic and cheap), so I must watch things as they happen. Thus, my list:

Parks and Recreation
Community (still, for some reason)
New Girl

Then on Sundays, a night of incredible critically acclaimed dramas, I watch...The Amazing Race and Restaurant Impossible. I can't even be a snob properly.
#21 | 535 days ago

(Edited by Eric_)
Also, I do not understand why Big Bang Theory is so popular. At. All. That said, it's popularity does tell me that despite the fact that the characters are supposed to be nerds, it's not a "smart" show because Americans hate intellectuals and smart people.
#22 | 535 days ago

Dude...
#23 | 535 days ago

lol
#24 | 535 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Also, I do not understand why Big Bang Theory is so popular. At. All. That said, it's popularity does tell me that despite the fact that the characters are supposed to be nerds, it's not a "smart" show because Americans hate intellectuals and smart people.
I don't get it either. I hate it.
These shows  
#25 | 535 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Jess wrote:
I don't get it either. I hate it.
I've decided that people who don't actually like (or maybe just don't know any real) nerds like that crapfest... maybe they can make fun of them still, like in the good ol' days :/
#26 | 535 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I've decided that people who don't actually like (or maybe just don't know any real) nerds like that crapfest... maybe they can make fun of them still, like in the good ol' days :/
enlightened
These shows  
#27 | 535 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Dude...
The sad thing is there are at least three different things you could be referring to here.
#28 | 535 days ago

Post 20.  You got that second one in before i could respond.
#29 | 535 days ago

The Walking Dead  and Game of Thrones are the only two I watch outside of On Demand and DVR. 

I do love me some Scandal though. 
This show  
#30 | 535 days ago

Big Bang Theory.  Sheldon's Asperger's is what makes it funny to me.  I see elements of him to which I can totally relate.
Hell on Wheels
Grimm
Touch
Once Upon A Time
and in 2014, 24 will return to this list.
#31 | 535 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Also, I do not understand why Big Bang Theory is so popular. At. All. That said, it's popularity does tell me that despite the fact that the characters are supposed to be nerds, it's not a "smart" show because Americans hate intellectuals and smart people.
It's just safe comedy, with funny voices and hack relationship jokes. That ish kills with the masses
#32 | 534 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I've decided that people who don't actually like (or maybe just don't know any real) nerds like that crapfest... maybe they can make fun of them still, like in the good ol' days :/


I am greatly offended by this ridiculous comment  ! 
These shows  
#33 | 534 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


I am greatly offended by this ridiculous comment  ! 
When don't I greatly offend thee....
#34 | 534 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Chicago Blackhawks and Chicago Bears games.  When I can't watch the entire game, for whatever reason, I will DVR it, but, I find myself FFWD'ing until I see something happen and then I watch and then FFWD again.

Otherwise, DEXTER, CALIFORNICATION and HOUSE OF LIES are shows that I try not to miss but I DVR those and will watch if I can't view them when they are on. Same goes for Shameless and Weeds and my new favorite, TOUCH.
These shows  
#35 | 534 days ago

Scandal is the only show that will get my undivided attention!!!!
This show  
#36 | 534 days ago

I DVR these...
Sunday : Family Guy
Monday : How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Two Broke Girls, Mike & Molly then Revolution.
Tuesday : Restaurant Impossible
Wednesday : Criminal Minds and CSI: Crime Scene Investigation
Thursday : Big  Bang Theory
Friday : Last Man Standing and Nikita
Saturday : I try and watch what I can
These shows  
#37 | 534 days ago

I have to be honest and admit this, and risk getting laughed right out of this thread.  Sunday nights = Heartland.  Canadian Television and I watch with my daughter, when it comes on.  Even if there is a hockey game or a race on, we watch Heartland.  She loves the show so much, and I like it as well, so it's a rule. 

Person of Interest and Deadliest Catch are the two I must watch.

(Up until a week ago I didn't have DVR, but I now have the receiver, just haven't climbed on the roof yet to hook up the second line.  I will.  Maybe tonight..  I have a new LNB to install on the dish as well, which is why I keep putting it off.  It will be a little more time consuming than just the line.  Go ahead and laugh now)
These shows  
#38 | 534 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Chicago Blackhawks and Chicago Bears games.  When I can't watch the entire game, for whatever reason, I will DVR it, but, I find myself FFWD'ing until I see something happen and then I watch and then FFWD again.

Otherwise, DEXTER, CALIFORNICATION and HOUSE OF LIES are shows that I try not to miss but I DVR those and will watch if I can't view them when they are on. Same goes for Shameless and Weeds and my new favorite, TOUCH.
OOH! Forgot about Dexter. That's a definite "must watch immediately after kiddo goes to bed and pay attention" show (it comes on too early now that I'm on the west coast)
These shows  
#39 | 534 days ago

Ever since they stopped the production of iCarly TV has been pretty much dead to me.
Other  
#40 | 534 days ago

i don't think i am using my dvr nearly to its potential.
#41 | 534 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
Ever since they stopped the production of iCarly TV has been pretty much dead to me.
These shows  
#42 | 534 days ago

Beaneaters wrote:
Ever since they stopped the production of iCarly TV has been pretty much dead to me.
OMG!
#43 | 534 days ago

Oh, I forgot the most obvious one...Jeopardy.

Also FYI, Rules of Engagement and Touch have been cancelled.
#44 | 534 days ago

you inspire me to be a better alcoholic.
Other  
#45 | 533 days ago

Breaking Bad
Dexter
Survivor
Hannibal
These shows  
#46 | 533 days ago

I DVR things in case there's a game on, so I can watch later.

The Glades
The Client List
Psych
Necessary Roughness
Parenthood
Chicago Fire
Southland
#47 | 532 days ago

Grays Anatomy
The Client List
Scandal
Criminal Minds
Person of Interest
These shows  
#48 | 504 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Also, I do not understand why Big Bang Theory is so popular. At. All. That said, it's popularity does tell me that despite the fact that the characters are supposed to be nerds, it's not a "smart" show because Americans hate intellectuals and smart people.
Different Kind Of Funny For Different Kinds Of People.
_____________________________________________________

Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-O (Only Show With Samoans, It's a Local Thing), Big-Bang Theory, Castle, Grimm, Criminal Minds, NCIS Los Angeles (This Season For Me), Breaking Bad, Hannibal, Revolution, & Dexter.

I Need to Look Into What Dead Files Is. Thanks Guys..
These shows  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
TV characters bracket
Asked by rockysnappyduke | Locker Room, TV | 4 questions asked 04/30/13
144 opinions | 8 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
NIT Final 4
Asked by rockysnappyduke | Locker Room, TV | 4 questions asked 04/15/13
88 opinions | 20 comments | Last by hotdog5054
TV Madness NIT
Asked by rockysnappyduke | Locker Room, TV | 4 questions asked 04/13/13
120 opinions | 10 comments | Last by KSbengals99
Is Jack Bauer a Hero?
Asked by majikmanseven | Locker Room, TV | 1 questions asked 01/13/09
52 opinions | 32 comments | Last by KSbengals99
F/E 10/30
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
7 opinions | 22 comments | Last by Dream_Machine