Skip to Next Poll »
7
Worst of the Worst
This time of year - the playoffs - we get the best of both the NHL & NBA in terms of games, hype, anticipation, match ups, series story lines, break out performances etc. The problem is we are also being hit over the head repeatedly with truly awful commercials. I mean truly, truly bad. (It also doesn't help that there are so few national sponsors for the NHL and that the NBA has movie tie ins each round. Ugh.)

Which one(s) do you hate the most?

Got it? Good. Rant!
| Closed on 07/06/14 at 01:45AM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll

Tagged as:   Commercials
8 Fans 
13%a. This one
0%b. That one
13%c. That movie looks terrible
13%d. I will NEVER watch that show
25%e. GEICO has no idea what hockey is about
38%f. Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#13 | 406 days ago

how was it taken this long for someone to bring up the smoking lady




But I do giggle every time she says lullaby
  
27 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 406 days ago

This would be better if I watched any of the commercials.... uhh, are they showing those Kmart ones? I hate them sh**z.
#2 | 406 days ago

I hate that NHL playoff one they keep showing with Dueling Banjos. I mean...really? Take a hint from the Canada Stanley Cup commercials, people. How embarrassing. 

Other than that, I'm not sure. I could probably go through my twitter rants and see which ones I've complained about but I don't have time for that mess.  I know a lot of people hate those AT&T commercials with the little kids, but I get a kick out of them.
This one  
#3 | 406 days ago

Any show being promoted by CNBC (Shark's Nest or something?), TNT (every [insert name] & [insert name] odd couple, crime show), etc. being shoved down our throats every 10 minutes drives me effing crazy!

STOPPPPPPPPPP!
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#4 | 406 days ago

Jess wrote:
I hate that NHL playoff one they keep showing with Dueling Banjos. I mean...really? Take a hint from the Canada Stanley Cup commercials, people. How embarrassing. 

Other than that, I'm not sure. I could probably go through my twitter rants and see which ones I've complained about but I don't have time for that mess.  I know a lot of people hate those AT&T commercials with the little kids, but I get a kick out of them.
I liked the AT&T ones at first, but now I'm on the fence. The horse they are beating has gone WAY past rigor and is now in full decomposition. We need to identify it as a horse with dental records or DNA at this point.
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#5 | 406 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
I liked the AT&T ones at first, but now I'm on the fence. The horse they are beating has gone WAY past rigor and is now in full decomposition. We need to identify it as a horse with dental records or DNA at this point.
I dunno, they keep making new ones, so I'm good.
This one  
#6 | 406 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Any show being promoted by CNBC (Shark's Nest or something?), TNT (every [insert name] & [insert name] odd couple, crime show), etc. being shoved down our throats every 10 minutes drives me effing crazy!

STOPPPPPPPPPP!
Oooh, I LOVE to see those Franklin & Bash commercials. I have never watched 30 seconds of Franklin & Bash.
#7 | 406 days ago

the aflac duck? i just don't care if he gets better or not. other than that, any commercial that has alice from workaholics in it (there are a couple) because it reminds me that i'm not watching workaholics. this is the best one currently.
#8 | 406 days ago

I only watch commercials during the Super Bowl.......dvr's are the BOMB! 
The budweiser, man raised clysedale and then shipped him off to be in the parade, and the horse came back gets me every time....I miss the FROGS!!!!!!!!!
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#9 | 406 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
I only watch commercials during the Super Bowl.......dvr's are the BOMB! 
The budweiser, man raised clysedale and then shipped him off to be in the parade, and the horse came back gets me every time....I miss the FROGS!!!!!!!!!
Jeez, I thought that commercial was awful. times. ugh. :|
#10 | 406 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Jeez, I thought that commercial was awful. times. ugh. :|
You hush Woman.....best commercial evar times infinity!!!!
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#11 | 406 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
You hush Woman.....best commercial evar times infinity!!!!
:| You may be a crazy lady if...
#12 | 406 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
:| You may be a crazy lady if...
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#13 | 406 days ago

how was it taken this long for someone to bring up the smoking lady




But I do giggle every time she says lullaby
#14 | 406 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
how was it taken this long for someone to bring up the smoking lady




But I do giggle every time she says lullaby
THAT'S the one I complain about every time it comes on! I used to mute the TV when that commercial came on but then one night we had the surround sound on and the speakers don't mute with the TV...so I went to mute it and my husband laughed at me. Now I change the channel immediately.
This one  
#15 | 406 days ago

I hate all commercials the same, equally. 

Just don't show the Sarah McLachlan singing the song 'Angel' and showing abused animals commercial. It makes me want to kick their abusers in the nut sack.

Oh, and TV timeouts for a commercials should be illegal.
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#16 | 406 days ago

Not playoff related, but why does Manning call his Dad, Archie, from his Buick not say anything and just hang up after getting the BBQ invite? Rude.

i like that Chuck is constantly on Shaq about those commercials. "The only way you're getting in or out of a Buick is with the jaws of life." Hahahaha
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#17 | 406 days ago

marcus_nyce wrote:
Not playoff related, but why does Manning call his Dad, Archie, from his Buick not say anything and just hang up after getting the BBQ invite? Rude.

i like that Chuck is constantly on Shaq about those commercials. "The only way you're getting in or out of a Buick is with the jaws of life." Hahahaha
My daughter cracked me up with that Manning commercial. She said "So he calls his dad papa bear? Does that mean Eli's baby bear? Dumb." And it IS rude!
This one  
#18 | 406 days ago

I am sick of the Geico commercials, though the Dikembe Mutombo one is sorta funny.

#19 | 406 days ago

Can't stand the AT&T commercials anymore. They're overplayed, I don't like kids and their stupid logic, and annoying people at work feel the need to recreate each of the commercial verbatim in the kids' voices.
#20 | 406 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Can't stand the AT&T commercials anymore. They're overplayed, I don't like kids and their stupid logic, and annoying people at work feel the need to recreate each of the commercial verbatim in the kids' voices.
"I don't like kids and their stupid logic"

Uhm so..I'll stop telling you Kiernan stories then.
This one  
#21 | 406 days ago

BTW, it's not even the kids that I love so much in those commercials (I don't know why I feel the need to explain myself) - it's the stoic/deadpanned guy who makes those for me. I would either 1) start laughing or 2) get up and walk away (the latter would have happened with that obnoxious little "more less stuff - we want more we want more" girl, I guarantee it.)
This one  
#22 | 406 days ago

Jess wrote:
"I don't like kids and their stupid logic"

Uhm so..I'll stop telling you Kiernan stories then.
But Kiernan is a reasonably intelligent human. The kids in those commercials are drooling morons.
#23 | 406 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
But Kiernan is a reasonably intelligent human. The kids in those commercials are drooling morons.
lol no, they're children.
This one  
#24 | 406 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
And i'm pretty sure the sh** is scripted at this point. They put them out too* fast though.
#25 | 406 days ago

I'm tired of the Backstrom Geico commercial................take the damn "splinter" out already.

I'm also tired of the Enterprise Car Rental commercial-----------It's NOT snowing. Make another one. 
GEICO has no idea what hockey is about  
#26 | 405 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
And i'm pretty sure the sh** is scripted at this point. They put them out too* fast though.
Shoot hours and hours and hours with different groups of kids. And just edit it. That dude must hate kids right now.
Beans has the best nationwide 4G coverage  
#27 | 405 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
The_Real_Stoney wrote:
how was it taken this long for someone to bring up the smoking lady




But I do giggle every time she says lullaby
me toooo... and the one with the "tell your grandkids now" dude. I'm pretty sure these weren't meant to be funny, but.


I can't take the txt n drive ones or whatever though. I turn.

And yes, Nyce. He probably pinches those bastards when no one is watching.

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
TV characters bracket
Asked by rockysnappyduke | Locker Room, TV | 4 questions asked 04/30/13
140 opinions | 8 comments | Last by woody050681
FRIENDS
Asked by JenX63 | Locker Room, TV | 6 questions asked 07/02/14
66 opinions | 8 comments | Last by woody050681
Happy Birthday to a Best Coaster Teachest aka Becky!
Asked by Beaneaters | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
11 opinions | 8 comments | Last by woody050681
F/E 7/11
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/11/14
9 opinions | 34 comments | Last by woody050681
F/E 7/10
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/10/14
11 opinions | 22 comments | Last by AlwaysSunshine