Skip to Next Poll »
10
F/E 9/30
Welcome back. This is the part of the locker room where you can sit and chat and chill for a while without offending or being shushed. Maybe you wanna watch a dvd or listen to your mp3. Yes, I rhymed. Something on your mind, post it! Random question, ask it? Hijacking is allowed and encouraged. Join the party, troll around, have a beer. It's cool. All are welcome, but please leave all BS in the hall. 


Bonjour.
| Closed on 10/13/13 at 11:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
15 Fans 
0%a. Come on over...
0%b. F*** that little light of yours...
20%c. It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...
13%d. I meant to do that...
27%e. Things are only impossible until they’re not...
13%f. Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...
27%g. Beans...

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#1 | 366 days ago

I went and saw Rush on Saturday, definitely go check it out, it's worth it, but not necessarily as great as it was hyped to be.

LoLane Kiffin

Some quick NFL thoughts
*Houston.. yikes.. And is there a bigger disparity between a team playing at home and playing on the road than Seattle?
*The NFC East can be summed up in 2 words. Dog sh&t
*Greg Schiano's boys continually just find ways to lose
*Matty Ice continues to melt in the red zone
*Break up the Browns!!!!
*On that note, how bad does that GB loss to Cincy last week look now?
*Tom Coughlin may have a stroke on the field this year


And a little something from legendary local sports cartoonist Drew Litton

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...  
  
51 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 366 days ago

I went and saw Rush on Saturday, definitely go check it out, it's worth it, but not necessarily as great as it was hyped to be.

LoLane Kiffin

Some quick NFL thoughts
*Houston.. yikes.. And is there a bigger disparity between a team playing at home and playing on the road than Seattle?
*The NFC East can be summed up in 2 words. Dog sh&t
*Greg Schiano's boys continually just find ways to lose
*Matty Ice continues to melt in the red zone
*Break up the Browns!!!!
*On that note, how bad does that GB loss to Cincy last week look now?
*Tom Coughlin may have a stroke on the field this year


And a little something from legendary local sports cartoonist Drew Litton

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...  
#2 | 366 days ago

Hi.

My teeth hurt. 
Vegas was great. I left all my money there but 20 bucks. To me that is a win. 
I realized I didn't see the sun for all but 1 and a half hours of the four days I was in Vegas. Couldn't resist a lazy river or it would have been a full four days. 
Justin Williams is my favorite gambling King. 
Dwight King and his freaky eyes are shy. Who knew?
Pretty sure the bikini briefs are the new mini in Vegas. 
I'm afraid of seeing what my classroom looks like. 
Rangers fans and Avs fans look nothing alike. 
I still have cooties. 
What a great weekend. 
Beans...  
#3 | 366 days ago

The Indians are hosting the wild card game, the Browns have won two in a row and are tied for first in the AFC north and I don't have to work for the next two weeks. It doesn't get any better than that.
Things are only impossible until they’re not...  
#4 | 366 days ago

kteacher wrote:
Hi.

My teeth hurt. 
Vegas was great. I left all my money there but 20 bucks. To me that is a win. 
I realized I didn't see the sun for all but 1 and a half hours of the four days I was in Vegas. Couldn't resist a lazy river or it would have been a full four days. 
Justin Williams is my favorite gambling King. 
Dwight King and his freaky eyes are shy. Who knew?
Pretty sure the bikini briefs are the new mini in Vegas. 
I'm afraid of seeing what my classroom looks like. 
Rangers fans and Avs fans look nothing alike. 
I still have cooties. 
What a great weekend. 
what do the Avs fans in Vegas look like?
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...  
#5 | 366 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
The_Real_Stoney wrote:
what do the Avs fans in Vegas look like?
Like sexy beasts, I bet.

I got to see Leigh, but I couldn't hear* it at work. She hula hoops.
#6 | 366 days ago

(Edited by ohwell_)
Cables out in the hood..no football tonight. Jason...you're up. Leigh was awsome on tv today. I want a gif of Hoda and Kathie Lees expression when they talked about the cocktail consumption of the "old" Leigh. I will edit when I get home..need to post ginger boobs.

Freckles make me feel kind of nauseous.  I can go red, but I can't do both.

Things are only impossible until they’re not...  
#7 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Like sexy beasts, I bet.

I got to see Leigh, but I couldn't hear* it at work. She hula hoops.
dammit, I got wrapped up with actual work and forgot to check on that
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...  
#8 | 366 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
dammit, I got wrapped up with actual work and forgot to check on that
I present to you, mah sista.

Also, I don't know what a hoda is but i don't like those 2 on air together. I can't hear them but they look a mess.
#9 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I present to you, mah sista.

Also, I don't know what a hoda is but i don't like those 2 on air together. I can't hear them but they look a mess.
Hoda is  the co-host...i do not like Kathie lee(shudders) she gives me nightmares.

Leigh was Awesome!!!!!!

I hate most things texas


PEACE
I meant to do that...  
#10 | 366 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
Hoda is  the co-host...i do not like Kathie lee(shudders) she gives me nightmares.

Leigh was Awesome!!!!!!

I hate most things texas


PEACE
I know but....
#11 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I present to you, mah sista.

Also, I don't know what a hoda is but i don't like those 2 on air together. I can't hear them but they look a mess.



well done Leigh

side note, I always thought Ho-dat was about 6'-6". Oh the magic of television
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...  
#12 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I know but....
indecision that is maddening Woman! Do you know how many ways I could finish that sentence?
I meant to do that...  
#13 | 366 days ago

The weather here is insane right now. We have 40-60mph wind gusts, sideways rain, power going out, cell service has been out since Friday with the exception of about a 30 minute window yesterday evening. We're also under a flood watch. Or warning? I don't know which one. It's autumn in the PNW.

Ugh Seahawks. The only thing I'm happy about re: that game is that the W may help late in the season, and they have some game film to look at and FIX IT! The O-Line was missing 3 starters, but I wasn't aware the defense was going to suck too. 

I think I'm getting sick.
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#14 | 366 days ago

OH! And I bought some of those Starbucks vanilla flavored coffee K-Cups. My Cinnabon creamer + vanilla flavored coffee = heaven.
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#15 | 366 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
My buddy took me to the Hawks-Caps exhibition game on Saturday.  He has season tickets, 10 rows behind the Hawks bench. Hawks won in OT 4-3.




The Bears stunk yesterday!  Reggie Bush had his way with our defense and Bad Cutler showed up (threw 3 INT's). 
Houston dropped a serious bad egg and Jess, I know you will not like this, but, I am getting tired of seeing Pete Carroll act the way that he does after wins.......I don't dislike your Seahawks, but, at the same time, I can't stand Petey-boy (sorry). Cincy can't beat Cleveland?!?!?!  Baltimore loses to Buffalo?!? SERIOUSLY!angry  TB choked to ARZ, Dallas gives away another one, what in the f**k is wrong with the Steelers?  Meanwhile, Peyton Manning is on pace to throw for 64 TD's this season and he's my fantasy QB, to go along with Welker on my $$ team! yes

Dale Svuem was "let go of his duties' as the Cubs manager......he's probably extremely relieved about that!  Rumors are swirling about Joe Girardi coming back home to manage the Cubs.  Regardless, until we are ready to compete, it really doesn't matter who's managing that club.  

The Cubs and White Sox combined to lose 195 games this year. Worst ever in Chicago Baseball history!  HA!  ZZZZZZZ!
F Baseball!   Hockey starts tomorrow night!  yes ,  Football is going on and the NBA starts soon....Can't wait to FINALLY see Mr Rose perform! yes

I hope Leigh had an amazing experience in NYC!

Later, yawwwwwl cheeky
Beans...  
#16 | 366 days ago

Leigh did a great job. I am ready for her book/movie deal. And how the heck do you work that hula hoop thing?

The Falcons hate me. The Braves scare me. I think I am a jinx, at least for the moment.

I really need a musical miracle this week. Just not feeling it yet.

That's all the whining I can muster up right now. Later.
Beans...  
#17 | 366 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
I'm not exactly sure why people dislike a coach being animated and excited, but whatever. I see a lot of "could Pete act like he's been there before?" Who cares? He's having fun - it's a fun game. His players (and the 12th man) respond well to him, he and Schneider are a great team...nobody else has to like him. 
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#18 | 366 days ago

Jess wrote:
I'm not exactly sure why people dislike a coach being animated and excited, but whatever. I see a lot of "could Pete act like he's been there before?" Who cares? He's having fun - it's a fun game. His players (and the 12th man) respond well to him, he and Schneider are a great team...nobody else has to like him. 
I'm with you Jess.  As a matter of fact, just this afternoon, the wild and crazy side of Gary Kubiak slipped out when he said, "I think we've got a chance to be a dang good defense."  I just love him when he's fiery like that. 
#19 | 366 days ago

Jess wrote:
I'm not exactly sure why people dislike a coach being animated and excited, but whatever. I see a lot of "could Pete act like he's been there before?" Who cares? He's having fun - it's a fun game. His players (and the 12th man) respond well to him, he and Schneider are a great team...nobody else has to like him. 
surpriseblushangrysadindecisiondevilenlightened
I don't like Jim Schwartz more than I don't like Pete...I actually thought he was kinda cute/hilarious in that 'old man" way.
and, Exactly! Why shouldn't a coach show his gladness/madness..I dislike the stoic non facial cue coaches. I want to see some pasion for the game darnit...shutting up now
I meant to do that...  
#20 | 366 days ago

Jess wrote:
I'm not exactly sure why people dislike a coach being animated and excited, but whatever. I see a lot of "could Pete act like he's been there before?" Who cares? He's having fun - it's a fun game. His players (and the 12th man) respond well to him, he and Schneider are a great team...nobody else has to like him. 
Because in the NFL, everyone hates everyone else.
#21 | 366 days ago

It's looking like tomorrow I'll be going to work solely to receive the shutdown furlough notice and leave. Needless to say, I'm not in a good mood right now. At least the baseball playoffs are starting. That gives me something else to concentrate on.
#22 | 366 days ago

Here's the Armchair hub (I should call it the Fan Cave)
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#23 | 366 days ago

Leigh rocked it today.

IDK why people have felt a need to run into buildings around here today.  First victim:  VanHoose Education center.  Mad at Jefferson County Public Schools, I suppose.  Second victim:  Krispy Kreme.  The idiot that did that should be waterboarded until he apologizes.  And brings me a pumpkin cheesecake doughnut.
#24 | 366 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Because in the NFL, everyone hates everyone else.
because in life, everyone hates everyone else......................................................
#25 | 366 days ago

indecision Well this escalated quickly.

I don't hate everyone...just a couple of teams and general fan bases in various different sports (not just NFL). Maybe I'm a dying breed.




MMMMM...Skittles
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#26 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
because in life, everyone hates everyone else......................................................
I'm pretty sure you're making fun of me, but in all seriousness, I 100% believe that.
#27 | 366 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
what do the Avs fans in Vegas look like?
Most look like my cousins from my dad's side of the family. Ranger fans look like they've lead hard and smoky lives. 
Beans...  
#28 | 366 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
I'm pretty sure you're making fun of me, but in all seriousness, I 100% believe that.
I wasn't making fun you. You specified the NFL like it doesn't happen in the sports you love. It does. Always and anywhere, it's human (and maybe alien, we don't know) nature. I read the stuff some of you post on my feed in those other "sports" threads. mmhmm

Remember, I loathe people based on their faces sometimes...LeBron, P**l P*erce, The Ugly Harbaugh, Shi**y John Elway (well he also sucks in general) and it goes on. 
#29 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I present to you, mah sista.

Also, I don't know what a hoda is but i don't like those 2 on air together. I can't hear them but they look a mess.
She's more awesome than I already thought she was. 
Beans...  
#30 | 366 days ago

Jess wrote:
indecision Well this escalated quickly.

I don't hate everyone...just a couple of teams and general fan bases in various different sports (not just NFL). Maybe I'm a dying breed.




MMMMM...Skittles
"I don't hate everyone...just a couple of teams and general fan bases "

Then, really you already understand. 
#31 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I wasn't making fun you. You specified the NFL like it doesn't happen in the sports you love. It does. Always and anywhere, it's human (and maybe alien, we don't know) nature. I read the stuff some of you post on my feed in those other "sports" threads. mmhmm

Remember, I loathe people based on their faces sometimes...LeBron, P**l P*erce, The Ugly Harbaugh, Shi**y John Elway (well he also sucks in general) and it goes on. 
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...  
#32 | 366 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
Yeah, I said it! 
#33 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I wasn't making fun you. You specified the NFL like it doesn't happen in the sports you love. It does. Always and anywhere, it's human (and maybe alien, we don't know) nature. I read the stuff some of you post on my feed in those other "sports" threads. mmhmm

Remember, I loathe people based on their faces sometimes...LeBron, P**l P*erce, The Ugly Harbaugh, Shi**y John Elway (well he also sucks in general) and it goes on. 
Well, the NFL was the specific example at the time, but yes, I do believe everyone hates everyone about everything, not just in sports, but every aspect of life. Maybe the current situation is coloring my view right now, but at the moment I have no belief in humanity whatsoever.
#34 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
"I don't hate everyone...just a couple of teams and general fan bases "

Then, really you already understand. 
Yes, but not "everyone". I actually like most people until they tick me off repeatedly or totally screw me over. I even like a few 49ers fans wink (I do hate that little winky guy though)

But I totally get what you're saying. You meant it's not limited to NFL fans.

Hockey:
Dallas Stars (team)
Vancouver Canucks (general fan base -which is weird,  because a LOT of Seahawks  fans are also Canucks fans or vice versa)
Detroit Red Wings (general fan base - I actually like the team and love their coach)

Baseball:
NY Yankees (not necessarily their fan base)
There are probably more of these that I'm not really remembering. But no, the Red Sox are not in this list

Football:
Niners (general fan base and mainly their coach and QB)
Cowboys (team and general fan base)
Steelers (ditto)

That actually felt good. 
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#35 | 366 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Jess wrote:
Yes, but not "everyone". I actually like most people until they tick me off repeatedly or totally screw me over. I even like a few 49ers fans wink (I do hate that little winky guy though)

But I totally get what you're saying. You meant it's not limited to NFL fans.

Hockey:
Dallas Stars (team)
Vancouver Canucks (general fan base -which is weird,  because a LOT of Seahawks  fans are also Canucks fans or vice versa)
Detroit Red Wings (general fan base - I actually like the team and love their coach)

Baseball:
NY Yankees (not necessarily their fan base)
There are probably more of these that I'm not really remembering. But no, the Red Sox are not in this list

Football:
Niners (general fan base and mainly their coach and QB)
Cowboys (team and general fan base)
Steelers (ditto)

That actually felt good. 
Yeah, that wasn't about you at all. That was just something that I believe and I knew he would relate to.

Oh, I love Pete's face and spirit!

And I'm falling for angry marshmallow face under a visor more than regular chip kelly. it's so great!
#36 | 366 days ago

Eric_ wrote:
Well, the NFL was the specific example at the time, but yes, I do believe everyone hates everyone about everything, not just in sports, but every aspect of life. Maybe the current situation is coloring my view right now, but at the moment I have no belief in humanity whatsoever.
I don't remember you having any in the last 3 years, it's who you are. Buck up, lad.
#37 | 366 days ago

I think 99.9% of the time, people who send me stuff to "take a look at" or proofread (usually family or IRL friends) regret it immediately. I go into "copy edit" mode and get a little nutty. Mom sent me my grandma's obit to make sure it looks okay and I may have gotten a little carried away with my corrections. It was probably fine the way she sent it. I should have just left it alone.
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#38 | 366 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I don't remember you having any in the last 3 years, it's who you are. Buck up, lad.
No.
#39 | 366 days ago

Jess wrote:
I think 99.9% of the time, people who send me stuff to "take a look at" or proofread (usually family or IRL friends) regret it immediately. I go into "copy edit" mode and get a little nutty. Mom sent me my grandma's obit to make sure it looks okay and I may have gotten a little carried away with my corrections. It was probably fine the way she sent it. I should have just left it alone.
You mean she didn't invent the cotton gin? I kid I kid.
#40 | 366 days ago

Phillygenius82 wrote:
You mean she didn't invent the cotton gin? I kid I kid.
:p
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#41 | 366 days ago



Hate is ugly , even in sports !   So love everyone the same enlightened
It was a clear black night, a clear white moon...  
#42 | 366 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Hate is ugly , even in sports !   So love everyone the same enlightened
....I can't even take this seriously...


I will say, however, that I'm so happy I have somehow found a pocket of apparently the only good human beings on the planet to be my friends, family, coworkers, and acquaintances.
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#43 | 366 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Hate is ugly , even in sports !   So love everyone the same enlightened
No.
#44 | 366 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Hate is ugly , even in sports !   So love everyone the same enlightened
That's rich, coming from YOU!
#45 | 366 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Hate is ugly , even in sports !   So love everyone the same enlightened
Go Dolphins!       Feel the love?
Things are only impossible until they’re not...  
#46 | 366 days ago

Okay, I think these Halloween costumes from the early 1900's have successfully made me s**t my pants and run around the house, screaming like a girl.

#47 | 366 days ago

Shutupshutupshutupshutup, all this talk about love, hate, good, evil, humanity, zombie.......(whispers) it makes me giddy
carryon
I meant to do that...  
#48 | 366 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
Okay, I think these Halloween costumes from the early 1900's have successfully made me s**t my pants and run around the house, screaming like a girl.

How did they know what might nightmares would look like back then?
#49 | 366 days ago

AlwaysSunshine wrote:
Okay, I think these Halloween costumes from the early 1900's have successfully made me s**t my pants and run around the house, screaming like a girl.

That is as creepy as the Easter Bunny photo you found!!
Things are only impossible until they’re not...  
#50 | 365 days ago

My daughter and the 16 year old girl who works with her have proven themselves to be infinitely more mature than the "adult" who also works there.  A hissy fit and suddenly two tanning units and the video camera are broken.

Leigh was awesome!

Really love the Voice this year.  Even Christina is less annoying somehow.

I needed some comfort so I have my electric fireplace on.
Whatever it is, put it on the rocks...  
#51 | 365 days ago

(Edited by Oddfool)
Hello Everybodee!

Leigh, Amazing!

Well, the band survived Band Camp, and earned their helmets. They were exhausted, but happy.  Friday night we also had our first home football game.  Sadly, we lost 48-8.  Par for the course.

We had a cheerleader do a high kick, and her other foot slipped out from under, dropping her flat on her back, bouncing her head twice on the hard dirt surface.

Finally, during the third quarter, our varsity cheer went to the other side and did some routines with the opposing side cheer. Our JV squad did a few cheers, offending the band in the process.  Now the football team, cheer, and band are intertwined around the field.  Band cheers along with cheer routines. Cheer dances to some band songs.  When a football injury occurs, band stands at attention and cheer takes a knee until the player walks off the field. (Ironically, when the cheerleader injured herself the band stood, our director was first by her side before the Cheer coach even noticed, and the other cheerleaders stood around.)

Well, the JV squad cheered, they alienated the band with a cheer saying, "We don't need no music, we don't need no band, we just need you jamming in the stands".  

Well, their next couple cheers had no support from the band, and by that point, we're usually the loudest in the stands.  But it was quiet.  I hope they got the message.  If not, I want to be a fly on the wall when our director talks with their coach.
Things are only impossible until they’re not...  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
Filter Error 10/1
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Today
4 opinions | 30 comments | Last by hskrdave
Filter Error 9/29
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/29/14
8 opinions | 28 comments | Last by ohwell_
Filter Error 9/26
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/26/14
5 opinions | 24 comments | Last by kteacher
Filter Error 9/24
Asked by ms_hippie_queen | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/24/14
9 opinions | 10 comments | Last by woody050681
Filter Error 9/25
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 09/25/14
8 opinions | 19 comments | Last by Cali_Kat