Skip to Next Poll »
15
F/E 10/10
Welcome back. This is the part of the locker room where you can sit and chat and chill for a while without offending or being shushed. Maybe you wanna watch a dvd or listen to your mp3. Yes, I rhymed. Something on your mind, post it! Random question, ask it? Hijacking is allowed and encouraged. Join the party, troll around, have a beer. It's cool. All are welcome, but please leave all BS in the hall. 

 

 
| Closed on 10/25/13 at 11:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
16 Fans 
13%a. Monte Cristo...
19%b. Grilled Cheese...
6%c. Po' Boy...
0%d. Hot lobster roll...
19%e. Gyro...
13%f. Accomplice...
31%g. Beaneaters!...

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#1 | 196 days ago

Let's get this out of the way......boy, I can't wait to see that GREAT TEAM, the Rangers, play the Ducks tonight. Go GREAT TEAM!!!


Now......THE KINGS WON! they squandered a 3 goal lead, but let's just ignore that little fact, THEY WON in OT and that is all that matters. 

I'm going to get this shirt. 



Later gators. 
Beaneaters!...  
  
97 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 196 days ago

Let's get this out of the way......boy, I can't wait to see that GREAT TEAM, the Rangers, play the Ducks tonight. Go GREAT TEAM!!!


Now......THE KINGS WON! they squandered a 3 goal lead, but let's just ignore that little fact, THEY WON in OT and that is all that matters. 

I'm going to get this shirt. 



Later gators. 
Beaneaters!...  
#2 | 196 days ago

Ash, glad you enjoy my meal updates.  It really warms me heart!

Hello,

- Hawks blew it w/ 21 seconds left last night.  Talk about a downer. 

- The Mindy Project was hilarious this week.  The new doc is cracking my sh*t up something fierce.  Chicago Fire just keeps getting better and better.  Speaking of Chicago Fire, there was a fire a few blocks away from our place few weeks ago.  I stopped jogging to send my GF a pic and called it "Chicago Fire."  She was a half hour late home because she was driving around trying to find the cast.  I didn't mean to deceive her, but I got a good chuckle.

- Dinner last night was Mexican Cornbread Casserole.  It was so easy to make even Nick could do it.  I even had enough for leftovers.  Go me!

- Got a buddy coming into town tonight.  We're gonna head to my BIL's restaurant downtown and take in the Bears game...and get wild.  Already told my boss I'd be slightly hanked up tomorrow. 

- Just found out we're heading to Toronto for a buddy's bachelor party in January.  Not sure it's the right time of year to go, but hot damn I love me some Toronto.  Hellz yeah!

Have a great day and remember - your hockey team is playing for 2nd place....unless you're a hawks fan.  

Gyro...  
#3 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Ash, glad you enjoy my meal updates.  It really warms me heart!

Hello,

- Hawks blew it w/ 21 seconds left last night.  Talk about a downer. 

- The Mindy Project was hilarious this week.  The new doc is cracking my sh*t up something fierce.  Chicago Fire just keeps getting better and better.  Speaking of Chicago Fire, there was a fire a few blocks away from our place few weeks ago.  I stopped jogging to send my GF a pic and called it "Chicago Fire."  She was a half hour late home because she was driving around trying to find the cast.  I didn't mean to deceive her, but I got a good chuckle.

- Dinner last night was Mexican Cornbread Casserole.  It was so easy to make even Nick could do it.  I even had enough for leftovers.  Go me!

- Got a buddy coming into town tonight.  We're gonna head to my BIL's restaurant downtown and take in the Bears game...and get wild.  Already told my boss I'd be slightly hanked up tomorrow. 

- Just found out we're heading to Toronto for a buddy's bachelor party in January.  Not sure it's the right time of year to go, but hot damn I love me some Toronto.  Hellz yeah!

Have a great day and remember - your hockey team is playing for 2nd place....unless you're a hawks fan.  

I'm glad.

Mindy was so funny. He has got to go but when he was talking to her in her closet., LMAO. Oh, and apparently Dennis is an a** on any show he appears on. I heart him.
#4 | 196 days ago

Random Thoughts...

1.  I cant f**king believe its been eleven days already.

2.  Did Teach switch teams?  Its about time she got on board with a right coast team.

3.  Im glad the republicans decided they no longer want to hold anything but their gerrymandered house seats.  

4.  Im going to make a drinking game out of Homeland.   Every time Claire Danes cries im going to take a shot.   I should be
     at a .347 BAC within the first half hour.  STOP CRYING ALL THE GO**AMN TIME!   The writers are really setting back the
     "strong female lead" 30 years with this bulls**t.  

5.  I would like to personally thank Miley Cyrus for the tights and sports bra midriff fad thats going on right now.

6.  Went to an Oktoberfest type of festival last night.  I dont f**king get it.  Shoulder to shoulder...no room to move or sit...how do
      people consider this "fun"?   You know...people in general smell like wet dog.  I kept looking around thinking..jesus christ...
      who brought the moist collie? 

7.  Fantasy football can eat my v**.   I wouldnt pi** on Tom Brady if he was burning in front of me and i had a full bladder.   Id
      pi** down my own leg first.  
#5 | 196 days ago

Im not for sure what the f**k happened with all that line spacing sh** up there...
#6 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I'm glad.

Mindy was so funny. He has got to go but when he was talking to her in her closet., LMAO. Oh, and apparently Dennis is an a** on any show he appears on. I heart him.
Dr. C is my favorite character, but the new doc is giving him a run for his $$$.  I think it's because I relate to him so much i.e. I love being an ahole. 

Jason,  Oktoberfest on a Wednesday?  Hell yeah. 
Gyro...  
#7 | 196 days ago

Aloha gang

Helluva performance by Adam Wainwright last night

I could watch the Hawks and Blues play each other once a week. Let's make that happen.

My two favorite hockey teams square off tonight as the Bruins host the Avs. Hurrah!!

The Michael J Fox show is very uncomfortable to watch. And not in the fun way. There, I said it

The Rockies and the Denver Metropolitan Stadium District are altering the right field upper deck in Coors Field.
Current capacity is a touch over 50K which was great with the novelty of the team and Stadium 20 years ago, but most of the time those seats in that area are empty. So they will be removing about 3,000 seats for a new party deck. I'm all for it. It fits the vibe of the surrounding neighborhood, and it's fun to get in with a $2 rockpile ticket and just hang out in the stadium on a summer night.
Here's what it looks like now



And the rendering of the proposed changes
#8 | 196 days ago

On this thirsty Thursday I'd like to remind everyone, tho alcohol may not be the solution, according to chemistry it is a solution

Grilled Cheese...  
#9 | 196 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
Im not for sure what the f**k happened with all that line spacing sh** up there...
Do what I do - blame Ash and Jess. 
Gyro...  
#10 | 196 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
jswol54 wrote:
Do what I do - blame Ash and Jess. 
Shut up. Site's been acting up for about 2 weeks for me though. And since you brought it up, on new doc's first episode, I immediately thought of you. Pretty sure I call him jay swole.

**
While I'm here, AHS premiere was very good. Old Jessica Lange is so great. Kathy Bates :|... and Angela Bassett is playing Marie Laveau. Love it.

jason, granted i'm still on season 1 of homeland but i would in no real way call her character "strong" based on those first episodes. she's very daddy issue-y, faking it due to the nature of the job, and unstable. And we all know daddy issue-y girls cry...a lot.
#11 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Shut up. Site's been acting up for about 2 weeks for me though. And since you brought it up, on new doc's first episode, I immediately thought of you. Pretty sure I call him jay swole.

**
While I'm here, AHS premiere was very good. Old Jessica Lange is so great. Kathy Bates :|... and Angela Bassett is playing Marie Laveau. Love it.

jason, granted i'm still on season 1 of homeland but i would in no real way call her character "strong" based on those first episodes. she's very daddy issue-y, faking it due to the nature of the job, and unstable. And we all know daddy issue-y girls cry...a lot.
Does the site log you out everytime you close your browser?  Sh*t is John Maddening.  (<---I just made that up)

What is AHS?  A spinoff from Murder She Writes? 
Gyro...  
#12 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Does the site log you out everytime you close your browser?  Sh*t is John Maddening.  (<---I just made that up)

What is AHS?  A spinoff from Murder She Writes? 
Does the site log you out everytime you close your browser? :| I can't ...

What is AHS?  A spinoff from Murder She Writes? :| I just can't... lol


American Horror Story.
#13 | 196 days ago

(Edited by Nick__)
Glad I'm not the only one having issues staying logged into this place!  Any time that I exit this site and try and come back in, later on, I have to re-log in.  Yes, the "Remember Me" box is checked.  I have also deleted the Cookie for this place and cleared out my Cache.  It's been 2 weeks now.  Jess knows and I also Report a Bug'd it.  It happens on all systems (Safari, IE, Chrome, Firefox).......I hope it gets fixed soon, because it's a pain in the ass.....ughhhhh  angry

2 weeks from this Saturday I will be on my way to Meh-heeeee-co!! 

 





Gyro...  
#14 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Does the site log you out everytime you close your browser? :| I can't ...

What is AHS?  A spinoff from Murder She Writes? :| I just can't... lol


American Horror Story.
Well I used to watch Murder She Writes with my grandma, so maybe I'll give it a shot. 
Gyro...  
#15 | 196 days ago

Went for ultrasound yesterday for the knee.  Then X-Ray.  As usual, all the manipulating made it hurt more.  *sigh*

On a happy note, it is absolutely beautiful outside today, and warmish (50's) and most of the trees still have leaves, even though they are multi-colored.  It's the 10th of October and that is unheard of.  Usually leaves are all gone the last week of September.

Have a great Thursday all, and remember, hockey is GOOD! (Go Flames!)
Beaneaters!...  
#16 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Well I used to watch Murder She Writes with my grandma, so maybe I'll give it a shot. 
Um, with your grandma? You don't have to pretend you didn't enjoy that on your own. That's quality tv. Start with season 1, it's streaming and it's still my fave.
#17 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Um, with your grandma? You don't have to pretend you didn't enjoy that on your own. That's quality tv. Start with season 1, it's streaming and it's still my fave.
Just checked Netflix and Hulu - neither site streams it.  You got me good! 
Gyro...  
#18 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Just checked Netflix and Hulu - neither site streams it.  You got me good! 
Did you just search for Murder, She Wrote?
#19 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Did you just search for Murder, She Wrote?
Does Nick drink more Zima (w/ Jolly Ranchers) than Richard Simmons? 
Gyro...  
#20 | 196 days ago

Speaking of TV, ABC...

The Portal to Paradise... you are magical.
Beaneaters!...  
#21 | 196 days ago

It's cold and rainy today, so I've finally hit near rock bottom and not changed out of bedclothes today. I did shower at least.

Getting to shave my shutdown beard is not the #1 reason I want to return to work, but it's in the top 5.

Well, there appears to be movement on the debt ceiling, which is good (default is not an option, period, end of story), but nothing on passing a CR. That, and since the back pay bill has not moved an inch in the Senate, is making me more nervous than I was before.

Jason, the problem is those gerrymandered seats are enough to keep the House in GOP control through 2022.

In non-political news, is there an easier Price is Right game than Cliffhangers? 20-30-40 works every single time. The only negative is you won't hear much of the yodeling guy.
#22 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Does Nick drink more Zima (w/ Jolly Ranchers) than Richard Simmons? 
#23 | 196 days ago

If I'm home, I'm in pjs or I'm not. I think that's how it should always, always be.
#24 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
If I'm home, I'm in pjs or I'm not. I think that's how it should always, always be.
You're the cutest thing that I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree
Lovey dovey, lovey dovey, lovey dovey all the time
Ooh wee baby, I sure show you a good time


ps: i don't watch Mindy or her projects ( i am sure i will incur the wrath of Sid over this, but, shrugs, oh well)
Accomplice...  
#25 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Dr. C is my favorite character, but the new doc is giving him a run for his $$$.  I think it's because I relate to him so much i.e. I love being an ahole. 

Jason,  Oktoberfest on a Wednesday?  Hell yeah. 
Yeah..its a week long thing..and i couldnt get rid of the kid before yesterday afternoon.   It really wasnt worth it either.   Imagine every "People of Walmart" picture at once in the same four block radius...TIMES A KAJILLION...plus the lingering smell of fresh from outside dog.  
#26 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Do what I do - blame Ash and Jess. 
I havent spoken to Jess since she ignored my questions two different times in a week.   She's a fairweather friend.   Right now is not fair weather apparently.
#27 | 196 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
You're the cutest thing that I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree
Lovey dovey, lovey dovey, lovey dovey all the time
Ooh wee baby, I sure show you a good time


ps: i don't watch Mindy or her projects ( i am sure i will incur the wrath of Sid over this, but, shrugs, oh well)
Are you flirting with me? ;)

#28 | 196 days ago

Jason_ wrote:
I havent spoken to Jess since she ignored my questions two different times in a week.   She's a fairweather friend.   Right now is not fair weather apparently.
Gyro...  
#29 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
Gyro...  
#30 | 196 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

JenX63 wrote:
You're the cutest thing that I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree
Lovey dovey, lovey dovey, lovey dovey all the time
Ooh wee baby, I sure show you a good time


ps: i don't watch Mindy or her projects ( i am sure i will incur the wrath of Sid over this, but, shrugs, oh well)









Mindy heart mmhmmm what a  lovely project 

Po' Boy...  
#31 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Are you flirting with me? ;)

Accomplice...  
#32 | 196 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
Went for ultrasound yesterday for the knee.  Then X-Ray.  As usual, all the manipulating made it hurt more.  *sigh*

On a happy note, it is absolutely beautiful outside today, and warmish (50's) and most of the trees still have leaves, even though they are multi-colored.  It's the 10th of October and that is unheard of.  Usually leaves are all gone the last week of September.

Have a great Thursday all, and remember, hockey is GOOD! (Go Flames!)

How did the ultrasound turn out, is your knee pregnant?

Grilled Cheese...  
#33 | 196 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
Went for ultrasound yesterday for the knee.  Then X-Ray.  As usual, all the manipulating made it hurt more.  *sigh*

On a happy note, it is absolutely beautiful outside today, and warmish (50's) and most of the trees still have leaves, even though they are multi-colored.  It's the 10th of October and that is unheard of.  Usually leaves are all gone the last week of September.

Have a great Thursday all, and remember, hockey is GOOD! (Go Flames!)
No, it had a miscarriage :/
Beaneaters!...  
#34 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
If I'm home, I'm in pjs or I'm not. I think that's how it should always, always be.
The first thing I do when I get home and know I'm in for the day/night is throw on a pair of basketball shorts or my Notre Dame sweats that I've been rocking for 10+ years.  They are SOOOOOOOOOO comfy it's ridic.  Makes a honky wanna lay on the couch and veg like a scorned female lover. 
Gyro...  
#35 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Does Nick drink more Zima (w/ Jolly Ranchers) than Richard Simmons? 
and I do it in the Fruit of the Loom Apple Costume as well  wink


Gyro...  
#36 | 196 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
and I do it in the Fruit of the Loom Apple Costume as well  wink


I'D RESPECT THIS....BUT THE DAMN RESPECT MACHINE IS BROKEN....AGAIN! 

JESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gyro...  
#37 | 196 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:









Mindy heart mmhmmm what a  lovely project 

I'm not debating her loveliness.....what's the premise.cause i saw a commercial or preview and it looked sorta like Ugly Bettyish to me
Accomplice...  
#38 | 196 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
JenX63 wrote:
I'm not debating her loveliness.....what's the premise.cause i saw a commercial or preview and it looked sorta like Ugly Bettyish to me
Who watched ugly betty?

You asked sid and if i thought he watched the show and didnt just stare at mindy, i wouldn't be answering. But basically, single 30ish lady doctor living her life and working with colorful office characters. I really only kept watching it because she was such a dork (thinks weirdly as i tend to do), but by the 3rd episode, I just found her really funny....or maybe witty, idk. she's adorable to me.... not in a she can get it way, in a nerd girl, we could be friends sorta way.

edit: ive never seen ugly betty and i can't think of much else for comparison...nevermind, I forgot who i was about to compare her too. Did you watch gilmore girls? ally mcbeal?  also, it's not for everyone, but the few people who i made watch more than 1 did end up liking it.
#39 | 196 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
jswol54 wrote:
I'D RESPECT THIS....BUT THE DAMN RESPECT MACHINE IS BROKEN....AGAIN! 

JESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I honestly think this has something to do with limits on Respects. Also...DON'T YELL AT ME!! I dident do it.

I'm betting that removing the (however many) Respects limitations is going to fix this issue for you. The fact that it's intermittent and neither I nor any of our techies can replicate the issue (and we don't get reports on it) really leads me to believe that's the issue. I know you said that the thing pops up for you to "buy" more to give, but I know personally sometimes mine shows up at a bottom corner of my browser, and maybe yours is hiding somewhere as well. Removing the limits of how many Respects you can give is something we're working toward anyway.

Also, we're working on the logout thing as I type this.
Gyro...  
#40 | 196 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
Jess wrote:
I honestly think this has something to do with limits on Respects. Also...DON'T YELL AT ME!! I dident do it.

I'm betting that removing the (however many) Respects limitations is going to fix this issue for you. The fact that it's intermittent and neither I nor any of our techies can replicate the issue (and we don't get reports on it) really leads me to believe that's the issue. I know you said that the thing pops up for you to "buy" more to give, but I know personally sometimes mine shows up at a bottom corner of my browser, and maybe yours is hiding somewhere as well. Removing the limits of how many Respects you can give is something we're working toward anyway.

Also, we're working on the logout thing as I type this.
Mine is in the bottom corner too unless i'm in the blog section.









(P.s. I thought he was doing a nick impersonation.)
#41 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Mine is in the bottom corner too unless i'm in the blog section.









(P.s. I thought he was doing a nick impersonation.)
And it doesn't have the little background thing, so it's kinda hard to see? 

Also - I love Mindy and her project.
Gyro...  
#42 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
I honestly think this has something to do with limits on Respects. Also...DON'T YELL AT ME!! I dident do it.

I'm betting that removing the (however many) Respects limitations is going to fix this issue for you. The fact that it's intermittent and neither I nor any of our techies can replicate the issue (and we don't get reports on it) really leads me to believe that's the issue. I know you said that the thing pops up for you to "buy" more to give, but I know personally sometimes mine shows up at a bottom corner of my browser, and maybe yours is hiding somewhere as well. Removing the limits of how many Respects you can give is something we're working toward anyway.

Also, we're working on the logout thing as I type this.
I'm sorry.  I honestly didn't mean to yell. I was doing something for work that required all caps and I was looking away as a typed the response.  Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the Q. 
Gyro...  
#43 | 196 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

(Edited by Sharp Square)
JenX63 wrote:
I'm not debating her loveliness.....what's the premise.cause i saw a commercial or preview and it looked sorta like Ugly Bettyish to me


Hmmm yea the premise ,  well umm its about Mindy and and she is cute and funny and  they show just enough of her to be quality tv.  and makes ya wanna come back next week looking for even more Mindy ! yes  


Ugly Betty 
Po' Boy...  
#44 | 196 days ago

Afternoon Q'ers!  Nor'easter blowing through here for the next few days...some remnants of Tropical Storm Karen.  Just not like S*&^y way (don't know why I typed that instead of just Sandy, but too lazy to correct it)

Teach....thanks for recognizing that GREAT team, the Rangers, who will be great again today against Hess's Ducks.  Glad to see that the OTHER great team, the Kings, won last nite.  I wanted to see the Pirates win...Go Dodgers!

Here's today's pic...enjoy...



Have a great Thirsty Thursday!
Beaneaters!...  
#45 | 196 days ago

Insert rant here _____________. 



#46 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Who watched ugly betty?

You asked sid and if i thought he watched the show and didnt just stare at mindy, i wouldn't be answering. But basically, single 30ish lady doctor living her life and working with colorful office characters. I really only kept watching it because she was such a dork (thinks weirdly as i tend to do), but by the 3rd episode, I just found her really funny....or maybe witty, idk. she's adorable to me.... not in a she can get it way, in a nerd girl, we could be friends sorta way.

edit: ive never seen ugly betty and i can't think of much else for comparison...nevermind, I forgot who i was about to compare her too. Did you watch gilmore girls? ally mcbeal?  also, it's not for everyone, but the few people who i made watch more than 1 did end up liking it.
ell o ell, i watched it, mostly cause of America Ferrera..i'll put it on the list to dvr..if it's comedy it might fit nicely into my dark lineup
loved loved loved gilmore girls and ally took me a few seasons
Accomplice...  
#47 | 196 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


Hmmm yea the premise ,  well umm its about Mindy and and she is cute and funny and  they show just enough of her to be quality tv.  and makes ya wanna come back next week looking for even more Mindy ! yes  


Ugly Betty 
angryindecision you Sir, are no help at all
Accomplice...  
#48 | 196 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
ell o ell, i watched it, mostly cause of America Ferrera..i'll put it on the list to dvr..if it's comedy it might fit nicely into my dark lineup
loved loved loved gilmore girls and ally took me a few seasons
Since when do they make Ferraris in America? 
Gyro...  
#49 | 196 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
JenX63 wrote:
ell o ell, i watched it, mostly cause of America Ferrera..i'll put it on the list to dvr..if it's comedy it might fit nicely into my dark lineup
loved loved loved gilmore girls and ally took me a few seasons
Okay... think of the random untimely thoughts of ally.... and just imagine if lorelai worked in an office basically. lol

but, we're so tv incompatible lately, i'm sure you'll hate it. :/
#50 | 196 days ago

Avalanche will have to put Roy in goal as well as bring in Sakic and Foote from retirement positions to have a chance of going to 4-0 against Boston.  Oh well, go Avs!
Grilled Cheese...  
#51 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Since when do they make Ferraris in America? 
you're a Dork!
Accomplice...  
#52 | 196 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
jswol54 wrote:
I'm sorry.  I honestly didn't mean to yell. I was doing something for work that required all caps and I was looking away as a typed the response.  Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the Q. 
Uh huh...surrre.

We'll get this fixed, I was just playin. Also - Nick has the issue too (I actually thought you were him, because of the caps) - but I'm still thinking it's because that little "buy more" thing can sometimes be hidden.
Gyro...  
#53 | 196 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
you're a Dork!
I'm rubber and you're glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks to YOU!

No worries, Jess.  I was just playin' as well. 
Gyro...  
#54 | 196 days ago

I've given about four of you a**hats respect today.


I'm leaving in about an hour to tailgate for the Louisville vs. Rutgirls football game.  Go Cards!
#55 | 196 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

JenX63 wrote:
angryindecision you Sir, are no help at all


I dunno what in world you would need beyond that !  
Po' Boy...  
#56 | 196 days ago

huskerdoug2009 wrote:
Avalanche will have to put Roy in goal as well as bring in Sakic and Foote from retirement positions to have a chance of going to 4-0 against Boston.  Oh well, go Avs!
Don't you think those guys are a little old to be coming out of retirement?  Won't happen - bet the farm on that!
Gyro...  
#57 | 196 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

jswol54 wrote:
I'm sorry.  I honestly didn't mean to yell. I was doing something for work that required all caps and I was looking away as a typed the response.  Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the Q. 




Po' Boy...  
#58 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
I'm rubber and you're glue, anything you say bounces off me and sticks to YOU!

No worries, Jess.  I was just playin' as well. 
i'm flattered to even be in the same catergory as "Jess" so, tyvm for that..and as everyone that "knows me" knows i am Queen Dork
Accomplice...  
#59 | 196 days ago

Sharp Square wrote:


I dunno what in world you would need beyond that !  
ummm, i'm a woman, therefore i need more....
Accomplice...  
#60 | 196 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
So it's that time of year again when we get a list of a few hundred places to choose from to be transferred. At first I thought there were quite a few Seattle billets to choose from, but once we learn more about the specific stations/boats/cutters/etc. the shorter that list looks. We want something that will be good for the family as well as his career. This is not always an easy thing to find, especially in areas we want. The detailer (guy that decides where we go) usually wants us to put about 50 picks on the list. SERIOUSLY? Ugh. So as of now, we've got Seattle, San Diego, Hawaii, Rhode Island (don't ask), Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon...who knows where we'll end up. Any bets on whether or not they send us across the country again?
Gyro...  
#61 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
So it's that time of year again when we get a list of a few hundred places to choose from to be transferred. At first I thought there were quite a few Seattle billets to choose from, but once we learn more about the specific stations/boats/cutters/etc. the shorter that list looks. We want something that will be good for the family as well as his career. This is not always an easy thing to find, especially in areas we want. The detailer (guy that decides where we go) usually wants us to put about 50 picks on the list. SERIOUSLY? Ugh. So as of now, we've got Seattle, San Diego, Hawaii, Rhode Island (don't ask), Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon...who knows where we'll end up. Any bets on whether or not they send us across the country again?
Whatcha got against Road Islands? 
Gyro...  
#62 | 196 days ago
Sharp Square (sid) profile photo

JenX63 wrote:
ummm, i'm a woman, therefore i need more....


Po' Boy...  
#63 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
So it's that time of year again when we get a list of a few hundred places to choose from to be transferred. At first I thought there were quite a few Seattle billets to choose from, but once we learn more about the specific stations/boats/cutters/etc. the shorter that list looks. We want something that will be good for the family as well as his career. This is not always an easy thing to find, especially in areas we want. The detailer (guy that decides where we go) usually wants us to put about 50 picks on the list. SERIOUSLY? Ugh. So as of now, we've got Seattle, San Diego, Hawaii, Rhode Island (don't ask), Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon...who knows where we'll end up. Any bets on whether or not they send us across the country again?
we need a bracket for this....
Accomplice...  
#64 | 196 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
we need a bracket for this....
Great fu**ing idea.  We need a list of all the options so we can seed this mother immediately.
#65 | 196 days ago

Joe Thornton is my hero! 
Monte Cristo...  
#66 | 196 days ago

Hah - fun! I'll get on that.
Gyro...  
#67 | 196 days ago

Phillygenius82 wrote:
Joe Thornton is my hero! 
greatest interview response ever
#68 | 196 days ago

The_Real_Stoney wrote:
greatest interview response ever
It was the greatest response in the history of questions/answers!
Monte Cristo...  
#69 | 196 days ago

(Edited by ms_hippie_queen)
i didn't smoke, but my dream last night was freaky. i was just sitting there in pitch dark, chain smoking to a loop of "bridge over troubled water." seems pretty symbolic. i woke up feeling like i'd had at least one and that was good enough!

i haven't taken a lunch since before august. so when my co-worker came in with her kentucky fried chicken, i was like sam-the-dog on that. she got grilled chicken which she thought meant the "i ate the bones!" kind (it's not). so we started fantasizing aloud about boneless original recipe chicken, because really, the bones are just speed bumps. then it went deeper to us fantasizing about chickenless fried chicken because really, the chicken is just a speed bump for the crispy skin which is all i really desire from kentucky friend chicken. then came the marketing punch of "bucket o'skin" and the fantasy came to a screeching halt, things got weird, she ate her chicken and i went back to leaking soul out of my eyeballs.

i went to the courthouse yesterday to give those pigs a piece of my mind. but i could hear the police man i was going to talk to over a walkie-talkie in the office and he was all "f**k that bitch this" and "f**k that bitch that" and i got all nervous. turns out he was all "f**k that bitch this" and "f**k that bitch that" because it was the same cop who'd been to my house and he felt like he'd heard enough of my yapping. i was sure to waste a good half hour of his time. i did get a fun fact out of him! turns out, i can trap their s**thead cat who walks around in our courtyard all the damn time and turn it in to animal control where my lovely neighbors will have to bail him out for nearly the same fine that they bestow upon us. 

what i really want to know is, based on the map i've drawn up, how illegal is it to put an ugly sign well within my property but well within their sight? (p.s. whatever. cursive is stupid.)


oh and the street is down here.
#70 | 196 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
I'm sorry.  I honestly didn't mean to yell. I was doing something for work that required all caps and I was looking away as a typed the response.  Thanks for your hard work and dedication to the Q. 
Gyro...  
#71 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
Hah - fun! I'll get on that.
I hope you get Seattle.  Where in Hawaii?   If you put down Jupiter  or Lake Worth and end up back on this coast, Rachel is still available to babykid sit.   heart
#72 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
So it's that time of year again when we get a list of a few hundred places to choose from to be transferred. At first I thought there were quite a few Seattle billets to choose from, but once we learn more about the specific stations/boats/cutters/etc. the shorter that list looks. We want something that will be good for the family as well as his career. This is not always an easy thing to find, especially in areas we want. The detailer (guy that decides where we go) usually wants us to put about 50 picks on the list. SERIOUSLY? Ugh. So as of now, we've got Seattle, San Diego, Hawaii, Rhode Island (don't ask), Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon...who knows where we'll end up. Any bets on whether or not they send us across the country again?
I'll be going through it next year. Obviously with fewer family members. 
Monte Cristo...  
#73 | 196 days ago

Laurel - I'll remember that. Also - mostly Honolulu I think, a few boat billets and a station or two. I'm not 100% sure.

Ben - Ugh isn't it fun? I hate it. I don't mind moving around - I actually kind of like the adventure/exploration part. But I hate the picks part.
Gyro...  
#74 | 196 days ago

(Edited by kobe_lova)
ms_hippie_queen wrote:
i didn't smoke, but my dream last night was freaky. i was just sitting there in pitch dark, chain smoking to a loop of "bridge over troubled water." seems pretty symbolic. i woke up feeling like i'd had at least one and that was good enough!

i haven't taken a lunch since before august. so when my co-worker came in with her kentucky fried chicken, i was like sam-the-dog on that. she got grilled chicken which she thought meant the "i ate the bones!" kind (it's not). so we started fantasizing aloud about boneless original recipe chicken, because really, the bones are just speed bumps. then it went deeper to us fantasizing about chickenless fried chicken because really, the chicken is just a speed bump for the crispy skin which is all i really desire from kentucky friend chicken. then came the marketing punch of "bucket o'skin" and the fantasy came to a screeching halt, things got weird, she ate her chicken and i went back to leaking soul out of my eyeballs.

i went to the courthouse yesterday to give those pigs a piece of my mind. but i could hear the police man i was going to talk to over a walkie-talkie in the office and he was all "f**k that bitch this" and "f**k that bitch that" and i got all nervous. turns out he was all "f**k that bitch this" and "f**k that bitch that" because it was the same cop who'd been to my house and he felt like he'd heard enough of my yapping. i was sure to waste a good half hour of his time. i did get a fun fact out of him! turns out, i can trap their s**thead cat who walks around in our courtyard all the damn time and turn it in to animal control where my lovely neighbors will have to bail him out for nearly the same fine that they bestow upon us. 

what i really want to know is, based on the map i've drawn up, how illegal is it to put an ugly sign well within my property but well within their sight? (p.s. whatever. cursive is stupid.)


oh and the street is down here.


jay swole, watch season 1 of american horror story.
#75 | 196 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
i didn't smoke, but my dream last night was freaky. i was just sitting there in pitch dark, chain smoking to a loop of "bridge over troubled water." seems pretty symbolic. i woke up feeling like i'd had at least one and that was good enough!

i haven't taken a lunch since before august. so when my co-worker came in with her kentucky fried chicken, i was like sam-the-dog on that. she got grilled chicken which she thought meant the "i ate the bones!" kind (it's not). so we started fantasizing aloud about boneless original recipe chicken, because really, the bones are just speed bumps. then it went deeper to us fantasizing about chickenless fried chicken because really, the chicken is just a speed bump for the crispy skin which is all i really desire from kentucky friend chicken. then came the marketing punch of "bucket o'skin" and the fantasy came to a screeching halt, things got weird, she ate her chicken and i went back to leaking soul out of my eyeballs.

i went to the courthouse yesterday to give those pigs a piece of my mind. but i could hear the police man i was going to talk to over a walkie-talkie in the office and he was all "f**k that bitch this" and "f**k that bitch that" and i got all nervous. turns out he was all "f**k that bitch this" and "f**k that bitch that" because it was the same cop who'd been to my house and he felt like he'd heard enough of my yapping. i was sure to waste a good half hour of his time. i did get a fun fact out of him! turns out, i can trap their s**thead cat who walks around in our courtyard all the damn time and turn it in to animal control where my lovely neighbors will have to bail him out for nearly the same fine that they bestow upon us. 

what i really want to know is, based on the map i've drawn up, how illegal is it to put an ugly sign well within my property but well within their sight? (p.s. whatever. cursive is stupid.)


oh and the street is down here.
Place it inside your window facing his house.
Also, my neighbor caught my other neighbors roaming cat while trying to catch the possum under her house.  
She baited it with "cat food".......

ps........yay for not smoking
#76 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
Laurel - I'll remember that. Also - mostly Honolulu I think, a few boat billets and a station or two. I'm not 100% sure.

Ben - Ugh isn't it fun? I hate it. I don't mind moving around - I actually kind of like the adventure/exploration part. But I hate the picks part.
Well the Navy and CG have more say in where they go. In the AF we get a list of what's available pick from those and maybe throw a couple others on as fliers just in case.
Monte Cristo...  
#77 | 196 days ago

(Edited by ms_hippie_queen)
kobe_lova wrote:


jay swole, watch season 1 of american horror story.
exactly and more importantly....you read that??

laurel - i think maybe if i take his name off of it. make it less personal. make him sit in his freak chair and wonder if it's intended for him (of course it is, you dumb f**k.)
#78 | 196 days ago

Phillygenius82 wrote:
Well the Navy and CG have more say in where they go. In the AF we get a list of what's available pick from those and maybe throw a couple others on as fliers just in case.
Oh yea, there's a chance they could throw out something we don't even have on our list and say "sorry 'bout your luck, but we're sending you HERE!" We haven't been that unfortunate (knock on wood) but it's always expected. And like this year, there aren't a whole lot of picks that work for his career that we want anything to do with as a family. (Also - why the hell are there CG billets in Nebraska and Iowa? Seriously? No.)
Gyro...  
#79 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
Oh yea, there's a chance they could throw out something we don't even have on our list and say "sorry 'bout your luck, but we're sending you HERE!" We haven't been that unfortunate (knock on wood) but it's always expected. And like this year, there aren't a whole lot of picks that work for his career that we want anything to do with as a family. (Also - why the hell are there CG billets in Nebraska and Iowa? Seriously? No.)
The Missouri River is a bear I'm sure.
Monte Cristo...  
#80 | 196 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
exactly and more importantly....you read that??

laurel - i think maybe if i take his name off of it. make it less personal. make him sit in his freak chair and wonder if it's intended for him (of course it is, you dumb f**k.)
skimmed first..in order I saw; freaky, bucket of skin, courthouse...so of course, I was in, and went back to read it. :)
#81 | 196 days ago

Phillygenius82 wrote:
The Missouri River is a bear I'm sure.
Gross, no thanks. If the Coast Guard is moving me around the country and making me live without my husband for extended periods of time, put me on the coast. I know, I'm a spoiled brat. I'm blaming the USCG (even though I've always been a brat) cheeky
Gyro...  
#82 | 196 days ago

thoughts on some above posts - 

1. scorned females really are the best at relaxing

2. logout issue? who logs out?

3. "plus the lingering smell of fresh from outside dog" = fart

4. i'm pretty sure anywhere in hawaii would be ok.
#83 | 196 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
thoughts on some above posts - 

1. scorned females really are the best at relaxing

2. logout issue? who logs out?

3. "plus the lingering smell of fresh from outside dog" = fart

4. i'm pretty sure anywhere in hawaii would be ok.
4.  My sister just moved to the big island 2 weeks ago, was curious...I concur with your statement.
#84 | 196 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
skimmed first..in order I saw; freaky, bucket of skin, courthouse...so of course, I was in, and went back to read it. :)
fart.

speaking of which! it's loud and it's proud. (the what's the difference game of the week!)
#85 | 196 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
fart.

speaking of which! it's loud and it's proud. (the what's the difference game of the week!)
heart
Gyro...  
#86 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
heart
:D
#87 | 196 days ago

Jess wrote:
So it's that time of year again when we get a list of a few hundred places to choose from to be transferred. At first I thought there were quite a few Seattle billets to choose from, but once we learn more about the specific stations/boats/cutters/etc. the shorter that list looks. We want something that will be good for the family as well as his career. This is not always an easy thing to find, especially in areas we want. The detailer (guy that decides where we go) usually wants us to put about 50 picks on the list. SERIOUSLY? Ugh. So as of now, we've got Seattle, San Diego, Hawaii, Rhode Island (don't ask), Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Oregon...who knows where we'll end up. Any bets on whether or not they send us across the country again?
Oh Emm Gee.  I see Rhode Island in your future frown
Beaneaters!...  
#88 | 196 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
exactly and more importantly....you read that??

laurel - i think maybe if i take his name off of it. make it less personal. make him sit in his freak chair and wonder if it's intended for him (of course it is, you dumb f**k.)
I read the whole thing, and if you write:

F**K YOU, **** ******!!! and come up with other names that would fit the blanks.........
Beaneaters!...  
#89 | 196 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
Oh Emm Gee.  I see Rhode Island in your future frown
Noooooo...I can handle Florida. No to RI :/
Gyro...  
#90 | 195 days ago







It was a gorgeous night for football, and the ugliest game we have played this season.  I'll take the win, though.
#91 | 195 days ago

Jess wrote:
Noooooo...I can handle Florida. No to RI :/
I know frown  It was just that as soon as I saw it on the list I had a really bad feeling......
Beaneaters!...  
#92 | 195 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
I know frown  It was just that as soon as I saw it on the list I had a really bad feeling......
The list is not set yet...I should probably have trever remove it completely
Gyro...  
#93 | 195 days ago

Jess wrote:
The list is not set yet...I should probably have trever remove it completely
Yes, yes you should.
Beaneaters!...  
#94 | 195 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:


jay swole, watch season 1 of american horror story.
Is that the show with the chick from Murder She Writes?
Gyro...  
#95 | 195 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Is that the show with the chick from Murder She Writes?
I'm not doing this with you.
#96 | 195 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
I'm not doing this with you.
Gyro...  
#97 | 195 days ago

jswol54 wrote:
Don't you think those guys are a little old to be coming out of retirement?  Won't happen - bet the farm on that!
Didn't need them after all anyway.  Thanks to 1st period goal, and some continued early season good goaltending, Avs move to 4-0 with a hard fought 2-0 win on the road.
Grilled Cheese...  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
F/E 4/24
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Today
2 opinions | 7 comments | Last by Debi_L
F/E 4/23
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
6 opinions | 28 comments | Last by Cali_Kat
Oh my God, I had the weirdest dream!
Asked by cubsgirl | Locker Room, Miscellaneous | 1 questions asked 04/22/14
4 opinions | 20 comments | Last by JenX63
Random Questions
Asked by Jess | Locker Room | 9 questions asked 04/16/14
126 opinions | 20 comments | Last by shasta
F/E 4/22
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 04/22/14
9 opinions | 29 comments | Last by woody050681