Skip to Next Poll »
7
Featured Artist - 3 DOORS DOWN
Featured Artist - 3 DOORS DOWN Photo

ALBUMS:

3 Doors Down - 

Hailing from the small town of Escatawpa, Mississippi, 3 Doors Down hit their peak in the early 2000s with a string of post-grunge singles, most notably "Kryptonite," "When I'm Gone," and the ballad "Here Without You." "Kryptonite," with its minor-key shuffle and references to Superman, was the catalyst for the band's career, generating an unprecedented buzz at a local radio station -- Biloxi's WCPR -- during the band's independent days. Such support helped make 3 Doors Down a regional favorite, enabling them to draw relatively large crowds to their local live shows and, consequently, extending their popularity beyond the Deep South to internationally famous clubs like New York's CBGB's.

The founding members of 3 Doors Down -- vocalist/drummer Brad Arnold, guitarist Matt Roberts, and bassist Todd Harrell -- were raised in Escatawpa, a cozy town of 8,000 people. Although brought up in religious households, the musicians also felt the call of rock & roll at an early age, eventually forming a rock trio in 1994 to play a friend's backyard party. As the years progressed, so did the band's sound, and the group soon added guitarist Chris Henderson and retained a studio drummer so that Arnold could come forward and sing live. After touring the Gulf Coast's venues, the band made its way to New York, where a showcase at CBGB's brought 3 Doors Down to the attention of Republic Records. A subsidiary of Universal, Republic Records signed the musicians and issued their major-label debut, The Better Life, in early 2000.

The Better Life became one of the biggest-selling albums of 2000, going platinum four times during its first year of release and spawning several singles. The band furthered its success with 2002's Away from the Sun, which debuted at number eight on the Billboard Top 200 and, like its predecessor, climbed to multi-platinum status. 3 Doors Down toured steadily throughout 2003 and 2004 in support of Away from the Sun, and issued the live EP Another 700 Miles in November 2003 as a holdover between studio efforts. The group returned with a heavier album, Seventeen Days, in early 2005. It debuted at number one on the Billboard 200 and went platinum in its first week of release. A self-titled album, which followed in May 2008, repeated its predecessor's success when it too debuted at the top of the Billboard 200.

3 Doors Down toured throughout 2009, released a digital-only acoustic holiday album at the end of the year, and began to work on their next album in 2010. With Howard Benson serving as producer, the guys shuttled themselves between L.A. and Tokyo, recording the album in both cities and eventually emerging with 2011's Time of My Life.

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/3-doors-down-mn0000923323/biography
| Closed on 12/20/13 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room, Music | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
8 Fans 
38%a. 10 (Awesome band)
25%b. 7-9 (Like most of their songs)
13%c. 5-6 (Like a few songs)
13%d. 1-4 (No Interest / Never heard of them)
13%e. They Suck!

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#2 | 280 days ago

i get these guys and that band everyone hates mixed up. nickelback!! i remembered without looking it up! 

yeah, no.
1-4 (No Interest / Never heard of them)  
  
14 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 280 days ago

10 (Awesome band)  
#2 | 280 days ago

i get these guys and that band everyone hates mixed up. nickelback!! i remembered without looking it up! 

yeah, no.
1-4 (No Interest / Never heard of them)  
#3 | 280 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
I liked them when they first came out…..I'm ok with them now.

How anyone can confuse them with the overrated, crappy-ass Nickelback, is beyond me!  F**K NICKELBACK!  That's right! I said it!  F**K NICKELBACK!
5-6 (Like a few songs)  
#4 | 280 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
I liked them when they first came out…..I'm ok with them now.

How anyone can confuse them with the overrated, crappy-ass Nickelback, is beyond me!  F**K NICKELBACK!  That's right! I said it!  F**K NICKELBACK!
last week i posted that i get soundgarden and savage garden confused too. please don't put too much thought into my confusions.
1-4 (No Interest / Never heard of them)  
#5 | 280 days ago
Nick__ (+)

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
last week i posted that i get soundgarden and savage garden confused too. please don't put too much thought into my confusions.
ohhh….ok.  frown
5-6 (Like a few songs)  
#6 | 280 days ago

(Edited by Jess)
I used to absolutely love these guys, but I can't listen to them now...at all. My dad was a huge fan (although he was only around for their debut album) and after he passed, I had a tough time listening to them. But, much like listening to everyone else my dad loved, I could do it occasionally. Then a couple of years ago a friend of mine who loved them passed, and at the "reception" thing they played all of their music on loop with pictures of him on a slideshow through the whole entire thing. Now I can't listen to them without crying for one or the other or both...even if their music is on at a store or something :/
10 (Awesome band)  
#7 | 280 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
last week i posted that i get soundgarden and savage garden confused too. please don't put too much thought into my confusions.
You may or may not be the one who told me you get Third Eye Blind and Matchbox Twenty mixed up too. indecision
10 (Awesome band)  
#8 | 280 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Jess wrote:
I used to absolutely love these guys, but I can't listen to them now...at all. My dad was a huge fan (although he was only around for their debut album) and after he passed, I had a tough time listening to them. But, much like listening to everyone else my dad loved, I could do it occasionally. Then a couple of years ago a friend of mine who loved them passed, and at the "reception" thing they played all of their music on loop with pictures of him on a slideshow through the whole entire thing. Now I can't listen to them without crying for one or the other or both...even if their music is on at a store or something :/
Oh…WOW!  That totally suck, Jess.

I hope, as time passes, that you might be able to enjoy their music again.

5-6 (Like a few songs)  
#9 | 280 days ago

Jess wrote:
You may or may not be the one who told me you get Third Eye Blind and Matchbox Twenty mixed up too. indecision
after their first albums i can totally see confusing those two
1-4 (No Interest / Never heard of them)  
#10 | 280 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
Oh…WOW!  That totally suck, Jess.

I hope, as time passes, that you might be able to enjoy their music again.

Thanks Nick! My husband really likes them a lot, so it bums him out when he has to skip one of their songs in a playlist or something lol...but he's cool about it, thankfully.

I didn't mean to be a downer...they really are a great band.
10 (Awesome band)  
#11 | 280 days ago

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
after their first albums i can totally see confusing those two
Hmm, I dunno...Rob Thomas has a pretty distinctive voice. But style? Maybe.
10 (Awesome band)  
#12 | 280 days ago

Jess wrote:
Hmm, I dunno...Rob Thomas has a pretty distinctive voice. But style? Maybe.
(i'm retarded)
1-4 (No Interest / Never heard of them)  
#13 | 280 days ago
Nick__ (+)

ms_hippie_queen wrote:
(i'm retarded)
Accepting what you are is the first step in recovery.   wink  laugh
5-6 (Like a few songs)  
#14 | 280 days ago

I like 'em.
7-9 (Like most of their songs)  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
8-08; Fan IQ's Summertime Music Poll in Review
Asked by hclcdestin | Locker Room, Music | 5 questions asked 08/08/14
40 opinions | 3 comments | Last by Lobotomy Jones
What is your single of the year #4
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #2
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
110 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
What is your single of the year #3
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/10/12
120 opinions | 5 comments | Last by SOONERS1980
Which song is your favorite
Asked by huskerdoug2009 | Locker Room, Music | 10 questions asked 12/07/12
240 opinions | 9 comments | Last by SOONERS1980