Skip to Next Poll »
14
F/E 12/06

Welcome back. This is the part of the locker room where you can sit and chat and chill for a while without offending or being shushed. Maybe you wanna watch a dvd or listen to your mp3. Yes, I rhymed. Something on your mind, post it! Random question, ask it? Hijacking is allowed and encouraged. Join the party, troll around, have a beer. It's cool. All are welcome, but please leave all BS in the hall. 


Rock the boat.

| Closed on 12/19/13 at 11:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | Locker Room | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
11 Fans 
0%a. Popeye's...
9%b. Don we now our gay apparel...
9%c. Tonight, on a very special Blossom...
18%d. I'm tired...
18%e. Hank Hill...
18%f. Straight shots...
27%g. Beans...

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#14 | 217 days ago

So we got like 3 inches of snow, and they gave the kids a snow day. For real. I grew up in a place where we didn't get snow days unless it dumped 5 feet overnight (and even then, if there was time for the plows we were screwed) or a boiler broke and we were 30 below zero. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I got a bunch of snow pics from last night, because my daughter hadn't been out in snow since she was 2 (literally)...


And they made a snowman...


Santa even came to see us...


It was a cold night, but I must admit it was fun to watch Kiernan really play in snow for the first time. I came inside before everyone else because I'm a big baby, and football was on. And I wanted hot cocoa and Bailey's.
Tonight, on a very special Blossom...  
  
39 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 217 days ago

Q'rs

Nothing like a little wintry mix to shut down a big ol state. People seriously need to have a "stupid" meter attached to them like those drinkometers when you had to many dui's and it would measure your stupidity and NOT let you turn your vehicle on and drive around.  Oh! and you neighbors that laughed at me when I brought home that generator, F***kyou no power peoples, don't even think about crossing that property line to ask to use anything. Crock pot's going with homesmade veggie soup and i got some homemade bread rising in the pantry...mmmm good stuff. Be safe q'rs!

PEACE 
Straight shots...  
#2 | 217 days ago

Wintry mix? It was damn 67 degrees this morning. This is some BS! :/ ugh. Jess got snow, I think stoney's living in a snowy cave, and I have 66 degree weather! stupid, stupidness.
#3 | 217 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Wintry mix? It was damn 67 degrees this morning. This is some BS! :/ ugh. Jess got snow, I think stoney's living in a snowy cave, and I have 66 degree weather! stupid, stupidness.
i despise this crap, if i had no children i would be gone last year. I like the SUN and stuff year round....
Straight shots...  
#4 | 217 days ago

OMFG SNOW AND ICE!??!?!?!?!

#5 | 217 days ago

#6 | 217 days ago

#7 | 217 days ago

#8 | 217 days ago

ooc
#9 | 217 days ago
Nick__ (+)




Why I keep picking the Houston Texans to win, each week, is beyond me.  ugh  angry  Thank God I don't bet and it's just a fun pick em pool.


Have a good weekend and be safe!



Beans...  
#10 | 217 days ago

texans are this


and as of a few minutes ago, kubiak is this


and last night i was this


until about 9 and then decided i hated musicals and sports and my boyfriend and the book i'm reading and pinterest and the dogs and went to bed.
#11 | 217 days ago

single digit temps, below zero wind chills when I went to work.   hey mother nature, KISS MY ENTIRE A$$ you sadistic whore. me and my male offspring are going to Badger hockey tonite.   they are a team after my own heart,  UNDERACHIEVING this year.yes.  but it will still be loads of fun.  that is all. 
Hank Hill...  
#12 | 217 days ago

JenX63 wrote:
Q'rs

Nothing like a little wintry mix to shut down a big ol state. People seriously need to have a "stupid" meter attached to them like those drinkometers when you had to many dui's and it would measure your stupidity and NOT let you turn your vehicle on and drive around.  Oh! and you neighbors that laughed at me when I brought home that generator, F***kyou no power peoples, don't even think about crossing that property line to ask to use anything. Crock pot's going with homesmade veggie soup and i got some homemade bread rising in the pantry...mmmm good stuff. Be safe q'rs!

PEACE 
Hey Jen, keep this phrase in mind it might help - " you can't fix stupid"
#13 | 217 days ago

Its wet and warm in the city and i decorated a tree for 1st time in 3 years although I did cheat- it's a pre-lit tree,,,,, 3 hrs and 10 minutes until its PARTYYYYYY TIME!!!!!!!!!, hope all have a wonderful weekend,
#14 | 217 days ago

So we got like 3 inches of snow, and they gave the kids a snow day. For real. I grew up in a place where we didn't get snow days unless it dumped 5 feet overnight (and even then, if there was time for the plows we were screwed) or a boiler broke and we were 30 below zero. Ridiculous.

Anyway, I got a bunch of snow pics from last night, because my daughter hadn't been out in snow since she was 2 (literally)...


And they made a snowman...


Santa even came to see us...


It was a cold night, but I must admit it was fun to watch Kiernan really play in snow for the first time. I came inside before everyone else because I'm a big baby, and football was on. And I wanted hot cocoa and Bailey's.
Tonight, on a very special Blossom...  
#15 | 217 days ago
Nick__ (+)

(Edited by Nick__)
alainpeartree wrote:
Its wet and warm in the city and i decorated a tree for 1st time in 3 years although I did cheat- it's a pre-lit tree,,,,, 3 hrs and 10 minutes until its PARTYYYYYY TIME!!!!!!!!!, hope all have a wonderful weekend,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND, Lainey!   Don't behave yourself!

If you have any question about your new iPad, you know where/how to reach me.
Beans...  
#16 | 217 days ago

so the US sre didn't get any help with their World Cup draw




On another ambivalent note, I have awesome seats to the Broncos game on Sunday. Where it will still be in the single digits and teens for high temps. South Stands is awesome no matter how cold it is

I don't have much else, my nonstop thrill ride of a life continues
#17 | 217 days ago

Afternoon Q'ers...just finished ridding the world of another pesky bunion...sitting at the hospital waiting to check on the patient.  No pics to post today....

King Henrik is a RANGER for life!  Signed the contract, and played his A$$ off last night.  GO RANGERS!  Cano, on the other hand, takes his game to Seattle....not sure how I feel about that yet.

Went to Olive Garden with in laws last night...I ordered one of the "Italian Margaritas", where they make the margarita and give you the amaretto in a separate cordial glass.  After I poured amaretto into the margarita, my father in law asked to see the cordial glass....then proceeded to wipe it out and put it in his pocket!  Oh well...I just laughed....shoot me if I get like that in 40 years....

Have a GREAT weekend!
Beans...  
#18 | 217 days ago

I may end up in jail today. 
Tonight, on a very special Blossom...  
#19 | 217 days ago

icfeet wrote:
Afternoon Q'ers...just finished ridding the world of another pesky bunion...sitting at the hospital waiting to check on the patient.  No pics to post today....

King Henrik is a RANGER for life!  Signed the contract, and played his A$$ off last night.  GO RANGERS!  Cano, on the other hand, takes his game to Seattle....not sure how I feel about that yet.

Went to Olive Garden with in laws last night...I ordered one of the "Italian Margaritas", where they make the margarita and give you the amaretto in a separate cordial glass.  After I poured amaretto into the margarita, my father in law asked to see the cordial glass....then proceeded to wipe it out and put it in his pocket!  Oh well...I just laughed....shoot me if I get like that in 40 years....

Have a GREAT weekend!
You know I can have you forcibly removed from this poll.
#20 | 217 days ago

(Edited by AlwaysSunshine)
After about 1/2 of ice fell, we are getting some HUGE ass snowflakes right now.  About 1.5 inches has fallen in the past 1.5 hours.  It's pretty.  When I drove home from work, I got to watch this bitch zig zag about four lanes of traffic in her truck because she didn't weigh the bed down.  Then she got T-boned by a smart car.  I barely missed T-boning her myself.  When she got out of the truck, she looked like freaking Merida from Brave. 

Today is my mom's birthday.  She knew the weather would be s**tty today, so she drove to Wendy's last night and got herself a birthday dinner to bring home and heat up today.  indecision
#21 | 217 days ago
Nick__ (+)

I'm not sure why, but I get all cheeky devil  when I read or hear the phrase "T-BONING"    surprise
Beans...  
#22 | 217 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
I'm not sure why, but I get all cheeky devil  when I read or hear the phrase "T-BONING"    surprise
It's because you are a perv. haha
Straight shots...  
#23 | 217 days ago

Nick__ wrote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND, Lainey!   Don't behave yourself!

If you have any question about your new iPad, you know where/how to reach me.
Thanks Nick, I will do my best to make you proud!!!!!
#24 | 217 days ago

Hopefully tonight's NBA Action better than last night's, unless you like your average margin of victory being 23 points. Jas/Teans game was actually better than I thought it would be, plus a lot closer than Avalanche against Oilers.   Good hire for Washington in Peterson, also good riddance in Cano going to Seattle.  Now he can join Pujols in leaving for West Coast only to be a very rich Missing Person. 
Don we now our gay apparel...  
#25 | 217 days ago

the music guy (aka the only reason i'm ever late after work) is about to drop a 13-hour print job on me that is for a program sunday night. i'm not even exaggerating. haven't even seen the document yet.
#26 | 217 days ago
Nick__ (+)

Cali_Kat wrote:
It's because you are a perv. haha
uhh, you know that you love that about me!  wink  cheeky
Beans...  
#27 | 217 days ago


This is what today's weather has done to traffic.
#28 | 217 days ago

Netflix streaming.. Timecrimes, or in its native tongue, Los cronocrimenes.. you're welcome
#29 | 216 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
You know I can have you forcibly removed from this poll.
Hey...I didn't get graphic in my description of your favorite body part the f**t.....
Beans...  
#30 | 216 days ago

I'm watching the U of L basketball game.  I think I take having Bobby Valvano do the color commentary for granted.
#31 | 216 days ago


This would be a great location for a Tim Hortons! You gotta love Alberta winter drivers.cheeky
#32 | 216 days ago

#33 | 215 days ago

You will thank me later.  And if you don't, well, you have no life.  Go buy one.
#34 | 215 days ago

You will thank me later.  And if you don't, well, you have no life.  Go buy one.
#35 | 215 days ago

oh.. hai.
#36 | 215 days ago

is on! Boys want to watch it! indecision (split screen is the greatest)
Straight shots...  
#37 | 215 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Wintry mix? It was damn 67 degrees this morning. This is some BS! :/ ugh. Jess got snow, I think stoney's living in a snowy cave, and I have 66 degree weather! stupid, stupidness.
We have a chinook right now, after being -38 a day ago.  We have about 3 feet of snow on the ground, but because we have to shovel it to actually move, there are 7' in some places and only a couple of inches in the shoveled spots.  

Okay.  We do not have such a thing as snow days.  I don't know what a snow day is, although I have managed to deduce it is a day away from school because some snow fell.  I've never, ever, in my whole life, had a snow day.  We have no school bus days if there is too much snow on the back roads for the busses to travel, or if it is too cold - I agree with those because it is our kids' safety at risk.  No one wants their kid standing out in -38 temps waiting for a bus that might be 10-20 minutes late, or God forbid, broken down, which happens.  

My daughter hasn't had a real tree since she was very young and asked if we could please have a real one this year.  I got a fake one a few years ago when she insisted we put it up at the end of November, and I knew it wouldn't last five weeks.  We got a real one last night and put it up today. It smells so wonderful, looks even better, and has given me a real boost in Christmas spirit.  The kids even went out and put some lights up, seeing that it is now just -2C or 30F.  

My son recently started working at one of the most exclusive restaurants in town.  It is a beautiful place, with excellent food and now he is the prep cook and prepares the sauces, desserts, dips, and dressings.  He is loving it.  I could use some sleep.  He starts at 8 every morning so I get up and drive him as he still has no interest in getting his license.  Another young man of 22 was killed on our highways two nights ago.  I'm not complaining.  Really.

May have some news to share soon.  :)
I'm tired...  
#38 | 214 days ago

Debi_L wrote:
We have a chinook right now, after being -38 a day ago.  We have about 3 feet of snow on the ground, but because we have to shovel it to actually move, there are 7' in some places and only a couple of inches in the shoveled spots.  

Okay.  We do not have such a thing as snow days.  I don't know what a snow day is, although I have managed to deduce it is a day away from school because some snow fell.  I've never, ever, in my whole life, had a snow day.  We have no school bus days if there is too much snow on the back roads for the busses to travel, or if it is too cold - I agree with those because it is our kids' safety at risk.  No one wants their kid standing out in -38 temps waiting for a bus that might be 10-20 minutes late, or God forbid, broken down, which happens.  

My daughter hasn't had a real tree since she was very young and asked if we could please have a real one this year.  I got a fake one a few years ago when she insisted we put it up at the end of November, and I knew it wouldn't last five weeks.  We got a real one last night and put it up today. It smells so wonderful, looks even better, and has given me a real boost in Christmas spirit.  The kids even went out and put some lights up, seeing that it is now just -2C or 30F.  

My son recently started working at one of the most exclusive restaurants in town.  It is a beautiful place, with excellent food and now he is the prep cook and prepares the sauces, desserts, dips, and dressings.  He is loving it.  I could use some sleep.  He starts at 8 every morning so I get up and drive him as he still has no interest in getting his license.  Another young man of 22 was killed on our highways two nights ago.  I'm not complaining.  Really.

May have some news to share soon.  :)
Here....in this part of the south, it never snows so we do sh** differently. Every year, the school systems have 3 snow days (expected days to be closed due to snowy weather). We used exactly one in my entire pre-k-12. So, because we never needed them in winter, we used them the first 3 Fridays in May every year. lol. Our snow days were in spring. Now, I think they just give them the snow days off if it gets really really cold outside or icy because we have no winter weather plans down here and you don't want your kids to die because you have one whole snow plow and a bag of salt for the entire city of atlanta.
#39 | 214 days ago

kobe_lova wrote:
Here....in this part of the south, it never snows so we do sh** differently. Every year, the school systems have 3 snow days (expected days to be closed due to snowy weather). We used exactly one in my entire pre-k-12. So, because we never needed them in winter, we used them the first 3 Fridays in May every year. lol. Our snow days were in spring. Now, I think they just give them the snow days off if it gets really really cold outside or icy because we have no winter weather plans down here and you don't want your kids to die because you have one whole snow plow and a bag of salt for the entire city of atlanta.
you have one whole snow plow and a bag of salt for the entire city of atlanta."

SNORT!!!

I remember when the Spring Race at Atlanta was snowed out. ( Yes, in my world  major events often revolve around NASCAR) so I know you do get snow from time to time.  

It is currently snowing here and the roads are not cleared.  My daughter had to work tonight because the girl who was supposed to was sick.  We just got home and I think it took us 40 minutes to drive what is normally a 20 minute (sometimes 15) drive.  I literally could not see where the side of the road was.  Saving grace?  I drive the road every single day, so the landmarks made all the difference.
I'm tired...  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
F/E 7/11
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Today
8 opinions | 27 comments | Last by JenX63
F/E 7/10
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked Yesterday
11 opinions | 22 comments | Last by AlwaysSunshine
F/E 7/9
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/09/14
11 opinions | 31 comments | Last by woody050681
F/E 7/8
Asked by kobe_lova | Locker Room | 1 questions asked 07/08/14
8 opinions | 38 comments | Last by JenX63
FRIENDS
Asked by JenX63 | Locker Room, TV | 6 questions asked 07/02/14
60 opinions | 8 comments | Last by ohwell_