FanIQ Blog

"60% of the time
we're smarter than
the experts every time."

Tip your editor
BlogTips@FanIQ.com
- or -









Skip to Next Poll »

Santonio Holmes Controversial Game Winning Touchdown Catch, Pittsburgh Steelers Vs Baltimore Ravens

Was This Really A Touchdown? Because It Sure Didn't Look Like The Ball Crossed The Goal Line.

by Pat Pat 12/15/0846 Comment Comments »


The end of the Steelers' 13-9 win over the Ravens had a bit of controversy, as Santonio Holmes scored the winning touchdown on this play. Holmes made the catch on 3rd and goal and both of his feet were in the end zone, but it appeared as though the ball never actually crossed the goal line.

If someone makes a catch and goes out of bounds, the catch is good, no matter where the ball is when it is caught. As long as the player's feet are in bounds, the ball is considered in bounds as well. So is that how it works?

But if someone's feet aren't in the end zone but the ball crosses the plane, then it's a TD. So does it work similarly, where if the ball DOESN'T cross the plane, then it's not a TD?

The referees took it to instant replay, and these were his exact words:
"After reviewing the play, the receiver had 2 feet down in the end zone, with possession of the ball. We have a touchdown."

What's your take on it?

30
Was Holmes catch against the Ravens a touchdown ?
| Closed on 01/13/09 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | NFL, Baltimore Ravens, Pittsburgh Steelers | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
110 Fans 
56%a. Yes
34%b. No
10%c. I don't know

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#23 | 2084 days ago

(Edited by MarkW49ers)
The rules regarding a touchdown are very simple and straight forward: "When any part of the ball, legally in possession of a player inbounds, breaks the plane of the opponent’s goal line, provided it is not a touchback."...For all intents and 'general' purposes, there are a few ways to interpret this rule and they are as follows: Any player 'entering' the end zone with 'possession' or control of the football never has to set one foot in the end zone...The player merely needs to demonstrate control of the football while crossing the plane. This is different when the ball is passed 'into' the end zone. With this scenario the receiver must have 'both feet' within the boundaries of the end zone while demonstrating control of the football...However, here is where we will get the next great controversy: If the ball is passed into the end zone and caught within the parmeters of the end zone but the receiver is then pushed out of the end zone before his feet touch the ground, is that a touchdown? By the touchdown rule the answer is YES, however, by the reception rule the answer is no. Lets see what ref will miss this call first. What is confusing about this particular play is the receiver made the catch right at the goal line. This raises the question...Does the receiver have to have both feet on the ground and control...or does this play fall under the: "only needs to be in control while crossing the plane or within the parameter of the end zone interpretation? I would suggest the latter is the correct interpretation and in this case...it does appear, for a fraction of a second, that the receiver did have possession of the football while it was across the plane. While I know this won't make Baltimore fans happy I hope it helps to better interpret the rule. Another interesting perspective to the call made on the field is that it was made by a ref who's view of the play was obscured by a Baltimore player.
Yes  
  
99 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 2085 days ago
mooser58 (+)

YES!  Division Champs.  HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes  
#2 | 2085 days ago

I really think it was just outside the end zone. I would've been interested to see what the steelers would have done on 4th down.
No  
#3 | 2085 days ago
PackRat (+)

<< Wheres the microscope
I don't know  
#4 | 2085 days ago

WHEN  YOU PUT THE CALL UP TO THE BOOTH WHICH IS WHAT THE RULES SAY THEN YOU HAVE TO GO BY THAT WAS IT A TD?  TO CLOSE TO CALL WHAT WOULD PITT. HAVE DONE I THINK A FIELD GOAL
Yes  
#5 | 2085 days ago

Ball never crossed the Plain of the goal..but I've seen worse and I am glad it was...I bet Pittsburgh
No  
#6 | 2085 days ago
vindog (+)

Too close to call, I really don't think there was conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field, but it is what it is. I had the Steelers and the Under on the game- so I'm very happy.
I don't know  
#7 | 2085 days ago

vindog wrote:
Too close to call, I really don't think there was conclusive evidence to overturn the call on the field, but it is what it is. I had the Steelers and the Under on the game- so I'm very happy.
Completely agree, too close to call.  Very surprised he overturned it, but it could've gone either way.  Some angles it looked like he had it, some like he didn't.  Pretty much a judgement call by the official.
I don't know  
#8 | 2085 days ago

I saw the replay when I got back from church (yeah, mass on campus is 6:30 at night, which makes me mad because it interferes with my other religion during a 4:15 game).  Anywho, it looked like he might've gotten it, but I really couldn't see it.  I'll let you know when I see the highlights.

As for overturning calls go, I'll tell you one call that was a gift to the Steelers, that 3rd & 1 where Russell needed to get to the 30-yard line that ended up leading to Pittsburgh's first points of the game on a FG.  He barely got across the 29, that was definitely NOT a first down.
I don't know  
#9 | 2084 days ago

Okay, caught the highlights on The Blitz, and it looked like the ball was ON the goal line.
I don't know  
#10 | 2084 days ago

I don't know if the ball crossed the plane of the end zone or if the refs interpreted the rules correctly, but I do know that that should be a touchdown, so I'm okay with it.

#11 | 2084 days ago

The more I look at it, the harder it is to determine whether it's a TD or not.  It looked like the ball broke the plane of the goal, but did he actually have possession of it before he fell forward OUT of the end zone?  This was a lot closer of a call than the one that ref gave Pittsburgh earlier though.
I don't know  
#12 | 2084 days ago

I thought it was just barely a touchdown.  Pittsburgh almost blew it by spiking the ball to stop the clock on first down, however. They had plenty of time to run the play without giving up a down.  I thought that Pittsburgh would have scored on a quarterback sneak on 4th down anyway, but if not, that decision to spike it would have been second-guessed. 
Yes  
#13 | 2084 days ago

(Edited by BestofChicago)
It wasn't a TD.

End of story.
No  
Poor Quality (8) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#15 | 2084 days ago

the way I interpret the rule is that the ball has to cross the goal line, which it did not.
No  
Poor Quality (4) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#17 | 2084 days ago

(Edited by WBKsports)
I've never seen this before!!!  It's weird that the ball has to cross the plane normally, but the ball doesn't have to cross the plane if the feet do??? So does this rule change if a running back gets his feet across, but not the ball now?
I don't know  
#18 | 2084 days ago

Here We Go Steelers! Division Champs GOOD CALL REF
#19 | 2084 days ago

WBKsports wrote:
I've never seen this before!!!  It's weird that the ball has to cross the plane normally, but the ball doesn't have to cross the plane if the feet do??? So does this rule change if a running back gets his feet across, but not the ball now?
I don't think so, because that would be ridiculous. But then again, so was this call. There's no way this could have been a touchdown, right? Man, this confused the hell out of me. The refs explanation didn't help at all either.
Poor Quality (5) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
Poor Quality (4) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#22 | 2084 days ago

WBKsports wrote:
I've never seen this before!!!  It's weird that the ball has to cross the plane normally, but the ball doesn't have to cross the plane if the feet do??? So does this rule change if a running back gets his feet across, but not the ball now?
Why would someone give a PQ because I was confused about the ruling? FanIQ Karma Gods will get u...
I don't know  
#23 | 2084 days ago

(Edited by MarkW49ers)
The rules regarding a touchdown are very simple and straight forward: "When any part of the ball, legally in possession of a player inbounds, breaks the plane of the opponent’s goal line, provided it is not a touchback."...For all intents and 'general' purposes, there are a few ways to interpret this rule and they are as follows: Any player 'entering' the end zone with 'possession' or control of the football never has to set one foot in the end zone...The player merely needs to demonstrate control of the football while crossing the plane. This is different when the ball is passed 'into' the end zone. With this scenario the receiver must have 'both feet' within the boundaries of the end zone while demonstrating control of the football...However, here is where we will get the next great controversy: If the ball is passed into the end zone and caught within the parmeters of the end zone but the receiver is then pushed out of the end zone before his feet touch the ground, is that a touchdown? By the touchdown rule the answer is YES, however, by the reception rule the answer is no. Lets see what ref will miss this call first. What is confusing about this particular play is the receiver made the catch right at the goal line. This raises the question...Does the receiver have to have both feet on the ground and control...or does this play fall under the: "only needs to be in control while crossing the plane or within the parameter of the end zone interpretation? I would suggest the latter is the correct interpretation and in this case...it does appear, for a fraction of a second, that the receiver did have possession of the football while it was across the plane. While I know this won't make Baltimore fans happy I hope it helps to better interpret the rule. Another interesting perspective to the call made on the field is that it was made by a ref who's view of the play was obscured by a Baltimore player.
Yes  
Poor Quality (4) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#25 | 2084 days ago

www.ohcello.com/holmes_grab.jpeg
#26 | 2084 days ago

BestofChicago wrote:
It wasn't a TD.

End of story.
But his feet planted in the endzone while he had possession. The Refs said so. TD, end of story. Atleast they made one good call. Watch the holding by the Ravens on every single down. It was so obvious, yet it was never called. That's what happens when you play IN Baltimore.
Yes  
#27 | 2084 days ago

Well it doesn't really matter what we think did the ball cross the plan or not what matters is that the Ref overturned it and called it a touch down.  Now you can not overturn the ruling on the field unless you have conclusive evidence I am happy with the call I think the Steelers deserve to win their division.  Go Steelers
Yes  
#28 | 2084 days ago

The ball looked like it crossed the plane.  TD.
#29 | 2084 days ago

I love pro football, however the interpretations of the rules is like trying to figure out how to bail out the country from it's recession.  Now if this was a punt coverage and the man is standing in the end zone when he touches the ball it's a touchback, however if he's a receiver on offense and catches the ball with his feet in the end zone it's not a touchdown?  I guess I will have to call an NFL official to come over to my house and tell me what I am watching each Sunday now.  I sure miss the good old days when touchdowns were simply yes/no answers.
#30 | 2084 days ago

One of the closest game changing and playoff seeding calls ever during regular season.

Lot of people are using the term crossing the plane of the goal, etc. The ball just has to be considered to have touched the beginning of the goal line. He just barely gained possession as the ball entered back into the playing field.  Whatever the correct ruling is two feet in and control of  the ball regardless of crossing into the plane (touching the front end) or touching the plane while having possession the final decision by ref was correct.  Since it was so close and a judgement call by the official viewing it, I would have understood if the call on the field would have stood.

If they had to on 4th I would've went for it with a Ben sneak. Not always a reliable option this year with the line play but I would have taken the chance. But remember the last time Ben sneaked from this close he hurt his shoulder.

Oh, so close!

Yes  
#31 | 2084 days ago

So does this still mean one knee = two feet?
#32 | 2084 days ago

I feel it was, however there were 2 other calls in the 1st half on the same drive that I thought went Pitts way and questioned, and it kept the drive alive.  I still question a lot of these refs calls this year...
Yes  
#33 | 2084 days ago

Sure it was...........I had $$$ on the Steelers !!

(wait, just kidding, gambling is wrong.............)
No  
Poor Quality (10) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#35 | 2084 days ago

I actually root for the Steelers a lot because my DAD was born in Pittsburgh PA. But, with all these PQs being put out for valid points, it's obvious to see that some Steelers fans are feeling a little "cocky" about their team's success...Not good when when the playoffs don't start for a couple of weeks. I mean Pat got 7 PQ's just for making us all laugh(Even my DAD who like I said loves the Steelers) Watch out for that "Karma Jinx" Steelers fans....Anything can happen in the playoffs, and you fans may not get the outcome you want.....
I don't know  
#36 | 2084 days ago

WBKsports wrote:
I actually root for the Steelers a lot because my DAD was born in Pittsburgh PA. But, with all these PQs being put out for valid points, it's obvious to see that some Steelers fans are feeling a little "cocky" about their team's success...Not good when when the playoffs don't start for a couple of weeks. I mean Pat got 7 PQ's just for making us all laugh(Even my DAD who like I said loves the Steelers) Watch out for that "Karma Jinx" Steelers fans....Anything can happen in the playoffs, and you fans may not get the outcome you want.....
Pat got those PQs on that comment for being an idiot.  Yes I gave him one, because it gets old when he claims the refs cheat for the Steelers because he has no other argument.
I don't know  
Poor Quality (4) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
Poor Quality (5) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#39 | 2084 days ago

kramer wrote:
Pat got those PQs on that comment for being an idiot.  Yes I gave him one, because it gets old when he claims the refs cheat for the Steelers because he has no other argument.
Me and Pat have had our moments, we've talked crap to each other, but I learned he is a good writer, and he does a lot of research!!! It was a joke man!!! Obviously the Ravens gave up a 92 yard drive at the end of the game in their house.....But, FANIQ is a forum for opinion and light-hearted joking....He was just creating conversation and debate...No need for 7 PQs on that post just because Steelers fans are "But-Hurt" by funny comments...  We'll see the Steelers fate come this January...
I don't know  
#40 | 2084 days ago

WBKsports wrote:
Me and Pat have had our moments, we've talked crap to each other, but I learned he is a good writer, and he does a lot of research!!! It was a joke man!!! Obviously the Ravens gave up a 92 yard drive at the end of the game in their house.....But, FANIQ is a forum for opinion and light-hearted joking....He was just creating conversation and debate...No need for 7 PQs on that post just because Steelers fans are "But-Hurt" by funny comments...  We'll see the Steelers fate come this January...
It was a stupid attempt at a joke, because that's all he knows how to do is bash the Steelers.  He refuses to acknowledge anything they do that's good.  I'm not saying he's a bad writer, but constantly bashing the team and writing about them ONLY when he finds something wrong with them shows just how biased he is.
I don't know  
#41 | 2084 days ago

Pat wrote:
Clearly you are. As are at least 6 others. Seriously, completely pathetic.

At least everyone outside of Pittsburgh can take a joke.

Give the Steelers credit for the season they've had and I'll shut up.  Go ahead, because I know that would require you to swallow your pride, and it would be great to see you actually say something nice about the Steelers for once in your life.  I know if the shoe was on the other foot, and it had been Baltimore that was in question for scoring this TD, you'd definitely say it was the right call to rule it a TD, and wouldn't make a joke about "give Baltimore the call."  I know how biased you are when it comes to ANYTHING to do with the Steelers, and it gets pathetic after a while.

I don't know  
#42 | 2084 days ago

BestofChicago wrote:
It wasn't a TD.

End of story.
You're Wrong.

The Ref called it one.

End of story.
Yes  
#43 | 2084 days ago

This issue is so blown out of proportion on so many levels.

First of all..what is your definition of "the plane" - and not that thing that Tattoo kept yelling at the Boss for.

The "Goal Line is defined as the white line that seperates the playing field from the end zone.  Breaking the plane of the goal line consists of "ANY" part of the football touching the aforementioned and defined line in "ANY" manner while being posessed by the offensinve player attempting to score with it.

Secondly, there are so many definitions regarding possession in the end zone.  If the ball itself passes through the end zone at any point it is a touchback and awarded to the defensive team for first and 10 on the 20 yard line.  Are we to assume that if a thrown ball is caught after it has left the back of the end zone is not a touchdown but a touchback even though the receiver has both feet in bounds?  If a receiver catches a pass on the sideline and stretches out to snag the ball (which is out of bounds) is it a catch with both feet down or is it out of bounds?  If a player on the punt team attempts to down the punted ball and rolls into the end zone and is hit by the ball on the back but the ball never crosses the plane of the goal line is it down at the 1 ft line or is it a touchback (careful how you answer that one - it happened this year).  It isa touchback.  The player established himself in the end zone and the ball touched him therefore it is a touchback.

The key here is establishment of posession.  A runner trying to get into the end zone is in the field of play and the ball MUST cross the plane of the goal line.  A receiver who has established himself in the end zone (by having two feet there) is in the end zone, therefore the ball is assumed to be there by virtue of establishment similar to the sideline catch.

Yes  
#44 | 2084 days ago

tarchul2 wrote:
Well it doesn't really matter what we think did the ball cross the plan or not what matters is that the Ref overturned it and called it a touch down.  Now you can not overturn the ruling on the field unless you have conclusive evidence I am happy with the call I think the Steelers deserve to win their division.  Go Steelers
This is where the rub comes in...."conclusive evidence".  The ref claims the two feet did it...the placement of the ball had nothing to do with the call apparently.
Yes  
#45 | 2084 days ago

You are obviously a Baltimore fan Oh well they over turned the call Steelers WON

End Of Story
Yes  
#46 | 2084 days ago

(Edited by tarchul2)
Go Steelers
Yes  
#47 | 2084 days ago

it broke the plain by like i quater of an inch from the first angel
#48 | 2084 days ago

kramer wrote:

Give the Steelers credit for the season they've had and I'll shut up.  Go ahead, because I know that would require you to swallow your pride, and it would be great to see you actually say something nice about the Steelers for once in your life.  I know if the shoe was on the other foot, and it had been Baltimore that was in question for scoring this TD, you'd definitely say it was the right call to rule it a TD, and wouldn't make a joke about "give Baltimore the call."  I know how biased you are when it comes to ANYTHING to do with the Steelers, and it gets pathetic after a while.

you bi**h alot just let it go its all in good fun
#49 | 2084 days ago

tarchul2 wrote:
You are obviously a Baltimore fan Oh well they over turned the call Steelers WON

End Of Story
This just goes to show how unprofessional and retarded Steelers fans really can be.  I know it is not fair to stereotype and lump all of you into one small brained bucket, but these kinds of answers really tick me off.

As you can see...my answer to the poll was ABSOLUTELY YES IT IS A TD.
Yes  
#50 | 2084 days ago

SwampThang wrote:
This issue is so blown out of proportion on so many levels.

First of all..what is your definition of "the plane" - and not that thing that Tattoo kept yelling at the Boss for.

The "Goal Line is defined as the white line that seperates the playing field from the end zone.  Breaking the plane of the goal line consists of "ANY" part of the football touching the aforementioned and defined line in "ANY" manner while being posessed by the offensinve player attempting to score with it.

Secondly, there are so many definitions regarding possession in the end zone.  If the ball itself passes through the end zone at any point it is a touchback and awarded to the defensive team for first and 10 on the 20 yard line.  Are we to assume that if a thrown ball is caught after it has left the back of the end zone is not a touchdown but a touchback even though the receiver has both feet in bounds?  If a receiver catches a pass on the sideline and stretches out to snag the ball (which is out of bounds) is it a catch with both feet down or is it out of bounds?  If a player on the punt team attempts to down the punted ball and rolls into the end zone and is hit by the ball on the back but the ball never crosses the plane of the goal line is it down at the 1 ft line or is it a touchback (careful how you answer that one - it happened this year).  It isa touchback.  The player established himself in the end zone and the ball touched him therefore it is a touchback.

The key here is establishment of posession.  A runner trying to get into the end zone is in the field of play and the ball MUST cross the plane of the goal line.  A receiver who has established himself in the end zone (by having two feet there) is in the end zone, therefore the ball is assumed to be there by virtue of establishment similar to the sideline catch.

Seriously?  Some MORON PQ'd this comment.

Man, they ought to start forcing people to take a test before allowing them to have an account on this site to keep the idiots off.
Yes  
#51 | 2084 days ago

What I don't get is the tremendous uproar people get into when the PQs start gettin handed out.  I must be missing something, because they don't seem to be that big of a deal to me.  Do they go against your credit score or something?  A certain amount of PQs and you get offed by the Fan IQ Mafia?? I personally didn't PQ Pat's comment, but can see why someone would as it didn't add anything to the conversation.  It's amazing how many people get up in arms over how some can't 'take a joke' over the fact that they can't 'take a PQ'.
I don't know  
#52 | 2084 days ago

soupz6 wrote:
What I don't get is the tremendous uproar people get into when the PQs start gettin handed out.  I must be missing something, because they don't seem to be that big of a deal to me.  Do they go against your credit score or something?  A certain amount of PQs and you get offed by the Fan IQ Mafia?? I personally didn't PQ Pat's comment, but can see why someone would as it didn't add anything to the conversation.  It's amazing how many people get up in arms over how some can't 'take a joke' over the fact that they can't 'take a PQ'.
AGREED.

Some comments have a possibility of being offensive.  When I write a comment with an intent to be offensive I expect a PQ.  However, my complaint earlier was the fact that I was giving a definition of the ruling.  And somebody PQ'd that.

PQ me for calling that person a MORON if you want, but for an unbiased definition and explanation of that definition, c'mon, seriously.
Yes  
#53 | 2084 days ago

Dalarin wrote:
But his feet planted in the endzone while he had possession. The Refs said so. TD, end of story. Atleast they made one good call. Watch the holding by the Ravens on every single down. It was so obvious, yet it was never called. That's what happens when you play IN Baltimore.

That happens MOST of the time playin in baltimore, BUT, I still say that call should have been overturned, his feet were not fully planted until he hit the ground and when he had possession of the ball it was not even on the goal line, bout a 1/2 inch off

No  
#54 | 2084 days ago
vindog (+)

Personally, I don't think he had control of the football with both feet down and the ball "breaking the plane of the goal" all at the same time, but that was a judgment call by the refs. I dont think that the call should have been overturned no matter what the ruling on the field was (whether it was called a TD or not) because I didn't see any conclusive evidence to overturn the call either way. But, it is what it is, I guess. I know that if I was a Ravens fan, I would be pissed right now , and if I was a Steelers fan- Then I would be happy as hell. I just hope that things like this don't happen to my Cowboys!
I don't know  
#55 | 2084 days ago

DJ_Kickflip wrote:
you bi**h alot just let it go its all in good fun
That's the problem with Pat, it's more than "all in good fun" with him.  He purposely bashes the Steelers because he hates them.  Start paying attention.  Every time he finds something wrong with them, he'll write a public article on this site about it.  You'll never see him give them the credit they deserve for the season they've had, case closed.
I don't know  
#56 | 2084 days ago

kramer wrote:
That's the problem with Pat, it's more than "all in good fun" with him.  He purposely bashes the Steelers because he hates them.  Start paying attention.  Every time he finds something wrong with them, he'll write a public article on this site about it.  You'll never see him give them the credit they deserve for the season they've had, case closed.
thats his job you pay attention every writer has a team they bash and if the steelers is his team to bash let him its his job just like Jim Mora bashed every team he coached for after a bad game and he coached all of them and bashed all of them it was his job and if it was in good fun or not thats his business all you gotta do is not read his article or his comments like every body does yours
#57 | 2084 days ago

DJ_Kickflip wrote:
thats his job you pay attention every writer has a team they bash and if the steelers is his team to bash let him its his job just like Jim Mora bashed every team he coached for after a bad game and he coached all of them and bashed all of them it was his job and if it was in good fun or not thats his business all you gotta do is not read his article or his comments like every body does yours
He doesn't get paid to work for FanIQ, it's not his "job," try again.
I don't know  
#58 | 2084 days ago

kramer wrote:
He doesn't get paid to work for FanIQ, it's not his "job," try again.
he might not get paid but it is still a job YOU TRY AGAIN buddy
#59 | 2084 days ago
mooser58 (+)

(Edited by mooser58)
11-3 and AFC North Division Champs.  First round bye.  That is all that matters to me.  Oh yeah, graduated with honors from University of Missouri.  Not all of us are idiots.  And I agree, Pat is a good guy but a bitter Pats fan who's team got their ass handed to them by the Steelers this year.  The call went the Steelers way.  The Ravens got a nice break when the PENALIZED  Jeff Reed for a push (even though a Ravens player had spit on him and there had been far more pushing and shoving all game).  The game is over, the ref reversed the call, deal with it.
Yes  
#60 | 2084 days ago

DJ_Kickflip wrote:
he might not get paid but it is still a job YOU TRY AGAIN buddy
It's not his job.  He CHOOSES to write these articles, it's not mandatory that he write them.  Nobody tells Pat "you have to write an article for us."  You're missing that point, so just stop.
I don't know  
Poor Quality (4) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#62 | 2084 days ago

WBKsports wrote:
How is it "more than in all good fun"? You don't play for the Steelers man??? Why are you taking this so hard? What a little baby....OH cry,cry,wah,wah,....Pats not respecting my Steelers...cry,cry,wah,wah,... What a baby man...Sit your ass down next Glen Davis and T.O. if you want sympathy for merely being a MAN in this World. If you could hear the audio in the locker room of of Steeler's opponents, you might never stop crying. "Cry Me River, but not an entire Ocean"

I'm a Lakers and Kobe fan...If I had 1 penny for all the trash talk(and some) I've heard about the 2 in my lifetime, I could save the U.S. economy...Buck Up...What a disgrace for somebody who is ranked #11 on FanIQ. If you want respect for your Steelers, let them win in Tampa 47 days from now...Don't cry on FanIQ...

Amen Brother
#63 | 2084 days ago

WBKsports wrote:
How is it "more than in all good fun"? You don't play for the Steelers man??? Why are you taking this so hard? What a little baby....OH cry,cry,wah,wah,....Pats not respecting my Steelers...cry,cry,wah,wah,... What a baby man...Sit your ass down next Glen Davis and T.O. if you want sympathy for merely being a MAN in this World. If you could hear the audio in the locker room of of Steeler's opponents, you might never stop crying. "Cry Me River, but not an entire Ocean"

I'm a Lakers and Kobe fan...If I had 1 penny for all the trash talk(and some) I've heard about the 2 in my lifetime, I could save the U.S. economy...Buck Up...What a disgrace for somebody who is ranked #11 on FanIQ. If you want respect for your Steelers, let them win in Tampa 47 days from now...Don't cry on FanIQ...

It's all he knows how to do is put the Steelers down.  I'm sorry that you can't understand that point.  I will defend my team to the bitter end, and I'll be damned if I'm going to let some Patriots fan (whose team might not even make the playoffs) ridicule my team and ONLY speak about them negatively.  That gets highly annoying after a while, and I've absolutely had it with Pat's Steeler bashing.  It's gotten really old really fast, PERIOD!
I don't know  
#64 | 2084 days ago

Oh, and I could care less what my ranking is on this site, so you can drop that idea right there.

I don't know  
#65 | 2084 days ago
41_WILLYS (+)

Get over it Rasin Fans were #1 !
Yes  
#66 | 2084 days ago

The way I saw it...BOTH of his feet were in the endzone and he had control and possession of the ball....YES it was a TD (thank God, the Steelers are scaring me with these last minute wins!).
Doesn't Mike Tomlin look like the actor Omar Epps (House)?????
Yes  
#67 | 2084 days ago

WBKsports wrote:
How is it "more than in all good fun"? You don't play for the Steelers man??? Why are you taking this so hard? What a little baby....OH cry,cry,wah,wah,....Pats not respecting my Steelers...cry,cry,wah,wah,... What a baby man...Sit your ass down next Glen Davis and T.O. if you want sympathy for merely being a MAN in this World. If you could hear the audio in the locker room of of Steeler's opponents, you might never stop crying. "Cry Me River, but not an entire Ocean"

I'm a Lakers and Kobe fan...If I had 1 penny for all the trash talk(and some) I've heard about the 2 in my lifetime, I could save the U.S. economy...Buck Up...What a disgrace for somebody who is ranked #11 on FanIQ. If you want respect for your Steelers, let them win in Tampa 47 days from now...Don't cry on FanIQ...

Ugh, not even supposed to be involved in this so I don't know why I'm bothering, but I gotta back up when I feel I should.  The way I see it Kramer PQed Pat's comment, Pat called him and all the other PQers (and Steelers fans in general) pathetic and then Kramer fired back.  I don't see where you have the rights to go into a crybaby rant against Kramer on that one.  So he got sick of a site moderator constantly bashing the Steelers and filling the site with anti-Steelers articles and PQed his comment, so what?I think he has every right to defend himself/fire back at Pat if he was called out as pathetic.  Talk about why is Kramer taking it so hard, why are YOU taking this so hard?  You Pat's family or something?  There seems to be mass amounts of hypocrisy in this thread.  Let's all just circle up, join hands and start singing Kumbayah or something. 
I don't know  
#68 | 2084 days ago

FanIQ should update the colors on that PQ button to yellow & black... in honour to those that use it the most...
No  
#69 | 2083 days ago

the way it looked in slow motion on my tv is he had possesion of the ball and both feet in the goal area and the ball was on the plane. but anyway it is what it is and being a pittsburgh fan of course I want my guys to win and I get sick of these people here harassing me about my damn team cant even buy steelers products here very hard to locate except maybe the flea market. just because I live here they think I have to be  ravens fan....they tell me dumb crap like dont you know where your living? I know other stellers fans here so at least I am not alone and I know people who like other teams too and I will bet you they have to go out of state for all their stuff or most of it anyway. even walmart only carrys Ravens crap
Yes  
#70 | 2083 days ago

wow...no thumbs for my comment...Bad Luck Ravens and Pittsburgh, your good luck will take you far, unfortunately Bruce Arians will be the death of you
No  
#71 | 2083 days ago
AMAZINGGRACE (+)

imyourbabygirl2004 wrote:
the way it looked in slow motion on my tv is he had possesion of the ball and both feet in the goal area and the ball was on the plane. but anyway it is what it is and being a pittsburgh fan of course I want my guys to win and I get sick of these people here harassing me about my damn team cant even buy steelers products here very hard to locate except maybe the flea market. just because I live here they think I have to be  ravens fan....they tell me dumb crap like dont you know where your living? I know other stellers fans here so at least I am not alone and I know people who like other teams too and I will bet you they have to go out of state for all their stuff or most of it anyway. even walmart only carrys Ravens crap
You can get steelers stuff at steelers.com or 1-800-team-tuf and they will send you a catalog. If you want a steelers magazine call Steelers Digest at 1-800-334-4005.
Yes  
#72 | 2083 days ago

AMAZINGGRACE wrote:
You can get steelers stuff at steelers.com or 1-800-team-tuf and they will send you a catalog. If you want a steelers magazine call Steelers Digest at 1-800-334-4005.
Bad AG, you know we don't advertise here, shame on you!
I don't know  
#73 | 2083 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

At 1:16 of the tape you will see clearly that when the ball is first caught , there is a slight bobble like he was trying to secure it. With the momentum in going foward, when he has actual possession, he is already over the goal line. It it clearly not a touuchdown.
No  
Poor Quality (5) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#75 | 2083 days ago

kramer wrote:
He doesn't get paid to work for FanIQ, it's not his "job," try again.

No  
#76 | 2083 days ago

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
At 1:16 of the tape you will see clearly that when the ball is first caught , there is a slight bobble like he was trying to secure it. With the momentum in going foward, when he has actual possession, he is already over the goal line. It it clearly not a touuchdown.
lol, I sure didn't PQ that but I applaud whoever did because that argument is an incredible joke.  In no way was there a bobble, he caught the ball clean and then moved it in towards his body.  Learn football.  I personally think it crossed the plane, but didn't see enough in the telecasts that would warrant an overturning.  I however, am not going to be thickheaded and say it CLEARLY was one way or the other on a call this close as many seem to claim, as the ref has access to the best view in the house under that hood (6 hi-def angles with frame-by-frame capabilities).  Nothing about any of this is CLEAR.  The ref made the call he did, some may like it, some won't, either way get over it.  If the Ravens didnt want the ref to have the ability to make the decision like this, maybe they shouldn't have let the Steelers drive 91.9 yards down the field and leave the last few inches up to question.
I don't know  
Poor Quality (7) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#78 | 2083 days ago

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
You're a joke, there was a bobble, and you learn football.
Ah yes...not ONE person I've heard discussing this play has mentioned this 'bobble.'  But AnthonyG of faniq.com saw it......hmmm.....ya, I'M the joke haha.
I don't know  
#79 | 2083 days ago
mooser58 (+)

Scoreboard.
Yes  
#80 | 2083 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

(Edited by Anthonyg7575)
soupz6 wrote:
Ah yes...not ONE person I've heard discussing this play has mentioned this 'bobble.'  But AnthonyG of faniq.com saw it......hmmm.....ya, I'M the joke haha.
Maybe because everyone else was looking at his feet....now, do want to keep making derogitory comments toward me? Keep it up.
No  
#81 | 2083 days ago

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
Maybe because everyone else was looking at his feet....now, do want to keep making derogitory comments toward me? Keep it up.
Ah yes, the discussion that was centered on whether the ball entering his HANDS was across the goalline or not....and everyone probably couldnt move their eyes from his feet.  *sigh*  So what was that last part, including your comical attempt at spelling, about?  Because you're a site moderator, I better watch what I say to you?  I really hope that's what you were trying to get at, because that will be just as laughable as your arguments in this thread.  Don't call Steelers fans cocky and me a joke and expect me to show you respect.
I don't know  
#82 | 2083 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

(Edited by Anthonyg7575)
soupz6 wrote:
Ah yes, the discussion that was centered on whether the ball entering his HANDS was across the goalline or not....and everyone probably couldnt move their eyes from his feet.  *sigh*  So what was that last part, including your comical attempt at spelling, about?  Because you're a site moderator, I better watch what I say to you?  I really hope that's what you were trying to get at, because that will be just as laughable as your arguments in this thread.  Don't call Steelers fans cocky and me a joke and expect me to show you respect.
You can't just take one line of my comment, this is what I stated:

"It's most of the Steelers responses in this poll that started the fire. WBK72 said it best when the Steelers fans are "cocky". That is no different than how that Pats fans were last year. "Cocky". Every team has 'em, and every team has haters. Deal with it."

You had already called me a joke, told me to learn football, and you don't even know me. So you already lost my respect.

Being a Moderator has nothing to do with what I said, I've said the same things when I wasn't, too bad you weren't around to see it......I've been around this block many times. I'm mild compared to some of the members who aren't even Moderators as far as voicing an opinion goes.

Anything else you got? I have all day.......
No  
#83 | 2083 days ago

yea i am a member at these type sites and get magazines all the time but the prices are way more then walmart and being on a limited income and a single mom I can afford these sites. but thanks for your responce have a good day and great holidays
Yes  
#84 | 2083 days ago

Anthonyg7575 wrote:
You can't just take one line of my comment, this is what I stated:

"It's most of the Steelers responses in this poll that started the fire. WBK72 said it best when the Steelers fans are "cocky". That is no different than how that Pats fans were last year. "Cocky". Every team has 'em, and every team has haters. Deal with it."

You had already called me a joke, told me to learn football, and you don't even know me. So you already lost my respect.

Being a Moderator has nothing to do with what I said, I've said the same things when I wasn't, too bad you weren't around to see it......I've been around this block many times. I'm mild compared to some of the members who aren't even Moderators as far as voicing an opinion goes.

Anything else you got? I have all day.......
Oy, 'WBK72 said it best when the Steelers fans are "cocky"'.  If it's no different than other fans, than how does a station claiming us as cocky 'say it best?'  No, I don't know you and I called your ARGUMENT a joke, and told you to learn football on a sports website, because you clearly don't understand what a bobble entails, or you're watching a different replay than everyone else.  It is YOU who called me a joke, and made it personal pal.  I stick to sports on sports websites.
I don't know  
#85 | 2083 days ago
Anthonyg7575 (+)

soupz6 wrote:
Oy, 'WBK72 said it best when the Steelers fans are "cocky"'.  If it's no different than other fans, than how does a station claiming us as cocky 'say it best?'  No, I don't know you and I called your ARGUMENT a joke, and told you to learn football on a sports website, because you clearly don't understand what a bobble entails, or you're watching a different replay than everyone else.  It is YOU who called me a joke, and made it personal pal.  I stick to sports on sports websites.
I'm done, you win.....I don't have anymore time for this nonsense. Enjoy....
No  
#86 | 2083 days ago

soupz6 wrote:
Oy, 'WBK72 said it best when the Steelers fans are "cocky"'.  If it's no different than other fans, than how does a station claiming us as cocky 'say it best?'  No, I don't know you and I called your ARGUMENT a joke, and told you to learn football on a sports website, because you clearly don't understand what a bobble entails, or you're watching a different replay than everyone else.  It is YOU who called me a joke, and made it personal pal.  I stick to sports on sports websites.
You embarrass me.
I don't know  
#87 | 2083 days ago

Really there is no need to be mean and start calling names this is suppose to be all in fun.  Sorry If I offended you it was not my intentions just having some fun with FAN IQ 
Yes  
#88 | 2083 days ago

tarchul2 wrote:
Really there is no need to be mean and start calling names this is suppose to be all in fun.  Sorry If I offended you it was not my intentions just having some fun with FAN IQ 
Absolutely.  This got out of hand and I apologize for my outlashes here.
I don't know  
Poor Quality (6) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#90 | 2081 days ago

(Edited by kramer)
DJ_Kickflip wrote:
and your bi**hing is getting really old really fast PERIOD
I will continue to voice my opinion, because you know, that's allowed on this site.  Nobody is forcing you to read my comments and reply.  You can choose to ignore them.
I don't know  
#91 | 2081 days ago

Wow....some crazy attacks going on in here..  Anyway - if you watch the replay, the ball got to the goal line.  Therefore, it is in the end zone.  He had 2 feet firmly in the end zone after catching the ball.  This is no different than someone catching an out-of-bounds ball in the end zone with 2 feet in.  Ravens had plenty of chances to score more points, why didn't they?  Can't blame that on the referees..

Yes  
#92 | 2081 days ago

kramer wrote:
I will continue to voice my opinion, because you know, that's allowed on this site.  Nobody is forcing you to read my comments and reply.  You can choose to ignore them.
and you can chocse to ignore Pats nobody is telling you to read and comment take you owns to heart and head you whine and cry about what he says about your team big whoop get over youself
#93 | 2081 days ago

(Edited by DJ_Kickflip)
kramer wrote:
I will continue to voice my opinion, because you know, that's allowed on this site.  Nobody is forcing you to read my comments and reply.  You can choose to ignore them.
and you can choose to ignore Pats nobody is telling you to read and comment take you own words to heart and head you whine and cry about what he says about your team big whoop get over yourself and the PQ on my comment real nice i like it
#94 | 2080 days ago

DJ_Kickflip wrote:
and you can choose to ignore Pats nobody is telling you to read and comment take you own words to heart and head you whine and cry about what he says about your team big whoop get over yourself and the PQ on my comment real nice i like it
Did I not say I'll defend my team?  If you have a problem with that, just ignore it from now on, thank you very much.
I don't know  
Poor Quality (4) This comment was voted poor quality by FanIQ (Show anyway)
#96 | 2078 days ago

DJ_Kickflip wrote:
man shut up you can't have yo cake and eat it to if he take bout you team you can't ingore him i mean do you play for the steelers do you work for them are you the water boy or the towel boy either way you fighting Pat for what he says is not gonna make him say ok i will stop it is gonna make him wanna do it more jus to piss YOU off so grow up unless you own the team get over it crying like a b**ch
Don't use cuss words when you reply to me.  I don't care if you mask them with asterisks or not, that's just plain unnecessary.  Don't attack me and tell me to grow up, okay?  What if I did work for the Steelers?  You have absolutely no way of knowing that.  So it would be in your best interest to do everyone a favor and drop this, because I've TRIED to put this article behind me, however, you keep attacking me and telling me to shut up, and therefore I HAVE to defend myself against your childish antics.  Please bury the hatchet already!
I don't know  
#97 | 2078 days ago

whatever
#98 | 2055 days ago

i think it was a TD
Yes  
#99 | 2054 days ago

(Edited by mr_lrg33)

even though the ravens lost that game atleast the steelers still have a chance in hell. who knows maybe they can pull it off, they are ranked #1 in defense. A GOOD DEFENSE MAKES A STRONG OFFENSE!!! GO STEELERS, MAKE US PROUD. even though I still think it was NOT a TD.

No  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
NFL**Pittsburgh Steelers**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, PIT, SF | 8 questions asked 05/03/14
80 predictions | Last by liveactiondockery
NFL**Pittsburgh Steelers**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, PIT, SF | 8 questions asked 05/03/14
72 predictions | Last by liveactiondockery
NFL**Baltimore Ravens**2014 Season Prediction Poll**pt.2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, BAL, SF | 8 questions asked 08/09/14
40 predictions | Last by liveactiondockery
NFL**Pick-Em**Week 1**pt. 1
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, IND, SF | 8 questions asked Yesterday
48 predictions | Last by texas_tornado4261
NFL***Pick-Em***Week 1***pt. 2
Asked by Michael_G | NFL, SF, IND | 8 questions asked Yesterday
40 predictions | Last by texas_tornado4261