Skip to Next Poll »
17
Best player on the Pittsburgh Penguins
 
| Closed on 07/15/10 at 05:00PM
FanIQ Pts? No | NHL, Pittsburgh Penguins | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Team Breakout:
79 Fans 
 1. Who is the Best player on the Pittsburgh Penguins? (0 points)
66%a. Sidney Crosby
24%b. Evgeni Malkin
0%c. Sergei Gonchar
3%d. Maxime Talbot
0%e. Jordan Staal
1%f. Bill Guerin
1%g. Matt Cooke
5%h. Brooks Orpik
 2. Who is The best goalie? (0 points)
96%a. Marc-Andre Fleury
4%b. Mathieu Garon

 &nbp;
TOP COMMENT * * * * * * * * * * * *
#6 | 1839 days ago
DckyJay (+)

Sid is the best all-around player. he's the best in the league @ fore-check, back-check. Malkin is good but not all-around good.

Fleury or Garon? not even a question.
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
  
26 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 1884 days ago

 yay...
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#2 | 1879 days ago

Crosby is the best player on the team. I might hate him, and he may be a whiner, and a diver, but he is a great player, and is the best player on the team.
#3 | 1851 days ago

Malkin not only carried the team when Crosby was hurt.He also carried the team with Crosby in the line up.Malkin flies under the radar for some reason.He is not given the credit that is deserved. I guess its true the squeakiest wheel always gets the most attention.
1. Evgeni Malkin  2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#4 | 1848 days ago

(Edited by Flone87)
 Crosby hands down. Maybe watch some hockey...who is more complete? The better face off man? The better two way player? The better passer? Don't get me wrong, Malkin is a close second in some of those, minus faceoffs, where he is not good. It is just like the whole AO Sid debate...where again, not close when you talk about being a complete player. Who would I want as a goal scorer? Ovie, Malkin, Kovalchuk,  then maybe Crosby.  If either Malkin or Crosby took the 7-10+ shots a night that a certain #8 does, they'd have 50 as well, but it is not their job. 
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#5 | 1840 days ago

geno is a pure goal scorer, and sid is a goal scorer mixed in perfectly with a playmaker, it's hard to say that one or the other is the best, but thats the best problem to have ain't it?
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#6 | 1839 days ago
DckyJay (+)

Sid is the best all-around player. he's the best in the league @ fore-check, back-check. Malkin is good but not all-around good.

Fleury or Garon? not even a question.
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#7 | 1838 days ago

The reason O.V gets 7-10 shots a night is because no one can contain him. He is a smooth skater,has great hands and can hit you like a freight train.He does it all on the ice.Not to mention his knees aren't week like a certain captain of the penguins.Malkin on the other hand is an iron man. I watch lots of hockey t.y.v.m . Just not pittsburgh:)
1. Evgeni Malkin  2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#8 | 1837 days ago

Crosby gets a lot of press attention, but Malkin has the skills too....Fleury vs. Garon.....Fleury all the way no questions asked!
1. Evgeni Malkin  2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#9 | 1836 days ago

(Edited by Flone87)
Jays_Leafs_Ffan wrote:
The reason O.V gets 7-10 shots a night is because no one can contain him. He is a smooth skater,has great hands and can hit you like a freight train.He does it all on the ice.Not to mention his knees aren't week like a certain captain of the penguins.Malkin on the other hand is an iron man. I watch lots of hockey t.y.v.m . Just not pittsburgh:)
 Wait,  you are a Leafs fan-- First, let me just say, I am sorry.....trust me, the Caps will never win a Cup until a certain #8 learns to distribute the puck as well as just fire away. I watch a lot of Caps games, Ovie is incredible, and great to watch, but, teams can contain him. They make a point to, and come playoff time, he faces the top defensive duo and checking line, he needs to not just shoot...I have also seen him go for a big hit, take himself out of position and see the other team break out on odd man rushes. Too often people get enamored with shiny things. Ovie is shiny. When he learns (and he too is really young, and already top 3 in the world) to play with some more discipline, and refine his decision making, the Caps will be that much better. 

And, I watch a ton of hockey, played hockey, and am not a Leafs fan. Oh, and why comment on the Pens if you say you do not watch Pens games? I know you saw them trample your Leafs though...5-2 and your team put up an impressive 20 shots...
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#10 | 1836 days ago

So i take it you are a Pens fan?? Which makes you biased:) Sid has been held pointless in last 4 games...umm what has Malkin done?? :) Malkin has definately been underated.Does he care?? Of course not because he proves himself by actions.As for my leafs. They are the lousiest team in the NHL right now.But i would rather have a losing skid at the beginning of the year.Then have one where a playoff spot is on the line.The leafs will turn things around.There is only one direction they can go and thats UP
1. Evgeni Malkin  2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#11 | 1816 days ago

Malkin last year Sid so far this year  and  points aint the only way to be the best player on the ice for that nite
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#12 | 1812 days ago

Whammer wrote:
Malkin last year Sid so far this year  and  points aint the only way to be the best player on the ice for that nite
um actually sid hasnt been doing so well this year....in terms of stats malkin has him beat at the moment
1. Evgeni Malkin  2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#13 | 1808 days ago

 Confused 
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#14 | 1752 days ago

 You are so wrong Sidney Crosby is so much better and Malkin can't hurt a fly he barely checks
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#15 | 1747 days ago

Lets think for a sec the best player RIGHT NOW is no dout crosbey but in the playoffs it is malkin i am a big pens fan and a big malkin fan but who has been scorin RIGHT NOW crosbey gonchar and bille g but i think that if dan gives johnson a chance to get in goal i think he would be better than the flower:)
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#16 | 1699 days ago

1 Crosby is hot as heck 2 he is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#17 | 1697 days ago

lopezerica1996 wrote:
1 Crosby is hot as heck 2 he is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally agree with you!
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#18 | 1692 days ago

lopezerica1996 wrote:
1 Crosby is hot as heck 2 he is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nah!!!!
#19 | 1678 days ago

Are you kidding me???   Sidney leads in so many catagories, is the Captain for a reason!!!

Then who scored the winning goal for the Canadians ??
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#20 | 1678 days ago

Are you kidding me???   Sidney leads in so many catagories, is the Captain for a reason!!!

Then who scored the winning goal for the Canadians ??
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#21 | 1678 days ago

Without a doubt the entire team ROCKS!!!! Crosby is the best. Malkin is good but he tries the fancy stick handling instaed of just SHOOT. Fleury is the next Broduer. He just needs realize he is just as good as his idol.
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#22 | 1675 days ago

 Fleury and Garon? Garon hardly even played, no competition. I can't decide for players, too many good ones.
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#23 | 1671 days ago

 Crosby IS the best, but his goal really wasn't that great, I think Miller just made a bad move.
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#24 | 1662 days ago

first of all no one is wrong here everyone can have their opinions....and secondly malkin checks too the media just doesnt focus on him as much as crosby
1. Evgeni Malkin  2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#25 | 1662 days ago

collio wrote:
 You are so wrong Sidney Crosby is so much better and Malkin can't hurt a fly he barely checks
first of all no one is wrong here everyone can have their opinions....and secondly malkin checks too the media just doesnt focus on him as much as crosby
1. Evgeni Malkin  2. Marc-Andre Fleury  
#26 | 1591 days ago

DckyJay wrote:
Sid is the best all-around player. he's the best in the league @ fore-check, back-check. Malkin is good but not all-around good.

Fleury or Garon? not even a question.
I agree with you 100 percent .
1. Sidney Crosby   2. Marc-Andre Fleury  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
St. Louis Blues Fan Polls
Asked by kphoeing | NHL | 3 questions asked 09/10/14
3 opinions | Last by truely