Skip to Next Poll »
9
Where does the best HS Football come from? (Edited 03/19/07 03:12PM by Seth)
| Closed on 06/19/07 at 11:45PM
FanIQ Pts? No | HS Football, Texas*, Florida* | Multiple Choice Opinion Poll
Teams:  Texas* | Florida*
Team Breakout:
62 Fans 
55%a. Texas
6%b. Florida
10%c. California
2%d. Ohio
3%e. Illinois
2%f. Indiana
5%g. New York
2%h. Pennsylvania
0%i. Wisconsin
3%j. Michigan
0%k. Arizona
0%l. Colorado
0%m. Oklahoma
0%n. North Carolina
5%o. South Carolina
0%p. Iowa
6%q. Alabama
0%r. Georgia
0%s. Oregon
2%t. Other

  
29 Comments | Sorted by Most Recent First | Red = You Disagreed
Vote for your favorite comments. Fans decide the Top Comment (3+ votes) and also hide poor quality comments (4+ votes).
#1 | 2691 days ago

(Edited by WhoDey)
Ever seen Two-A-Days?  Hoover High
Alabama  
#2 | 2691 days ago

(Edited by WhoDey)

and i accidentally added another comment sry lol

Alabama  
#3 | 2690 days ago

I watch it every chance I get- Don't think they could hang with Southlake Carroll of Texas?

or La Marque?

Texas  
#4 | 2690 days ago

We all know that texas is the best state for football but Katy High School is the best team in texas.Katy is the only 5a team to beat south lake carroll!!!!!!!!

Texas  
#5 | 2690 days ago

Oklahoma! No just kidding, Texas has the best HS football talent. Alabama really has Hoover and a couple of other teams. I would like to see Southlake Carrol and Hoover play on a neutral field.
Texas  
#6 | 2689 days ago

South lake carroll will never play on a neutral field because they will almost lose or lose
Texas  
#7 | 2681 days ago

WhoDey wrote:
Ever seen Two-A-Days?  Hoover High
ever seen friday night lights.... and we back now to and we here to stay so keep an ear on permian mojo
Texas  
#8 | 2675 days ago

WhoDey wrote:
Ever seen Two-A-Days?  Hoover High
Hoover High is the most overrated team I have ever seen. Sure they are one of the beast in Alabama, but if they were in Texas, they would get rolled.
Texas  
#9 | 2675 days ago

lol. That is true, however...

 

I disagree with Katy being the best HS team in Texas. If SLC and Katy rematched from that year, SLC would win 5/10 times... Both teams were great, and Katy pulled it off....but I think it would go 50/50....

Texas  
#10 | 2661 days ago

maybe i'm looking at this question in a different light but if you look at college rosters you'll see that a lot of players come from florida.  which i hate to say because i hate all things florida.
Florida  
#11 | 2661 days ago

kodiakman wrote:
maybe i'm looking at this question in a different light but if you look at college rosters you'll see that a lot of players come from florida.  which i hate to say because i hate all things florida.
That doesn't make HS football better in Florida. The way I'm looking at it is based on the number of quality HS teams. There may be better individual players in the state of Florida, but better teams come from Texas.
Texas  
#12 | 2658 days ago

Eric wrote:
Hoover High is the most overrated team I have ever seen. Sure they are one of the beast in Alabama, but if they were in Texas, they would get rolled.
i disagree...i think Hoover would beat them...
Texas  
#13 | 2649 days ago

Eric wrote:
Hoover High is the most overrated team I have ever seen. Sure they are one of the beast in Alabama, but if they were in Texas, they would get rolled.
MTV needs to make a Two-A-Days about Southlake Carrol. They're the best team in the toughest state to play HS Football.
Texas  
#14 | 2649 days ago

soonerfan150 wrote:
MTV needs to make a Two-A-Days about Southlake Carrol. They're the best team in the toughest state to play HS Football.
SLC wouldn't allow it. Plus, with Todd Dodge going to UNT, I doubt they will be the best team for long.
Texas  
#15 | 2649 days ago

Eric wrote:
SLC wouldn't allow it. Plus, with Todd Dodge going to UNT, I doubt they will be the best team for long.
Who do you see surpassing them? As you know, I'm from Oklahoma and I kinda like to keep up with Texas HS Football.
Texas  
#16 | 2648 days ago

soonerfan150 wrote:
Who do you see surpassing them? As you know, I'm from Oklahoma and I kinda like to keep up with Texas HS Football.
Well, there's no real way to tell as of yet. It all depends on how the new coaching staff will run things. Dodge took most of his assistants to UNT with him. We'll see. Plus, the district in which they play is really weak. There will be no real competition for them until playoff time.
Texas  
#17 | 2646 days ago

In general if you want rb Texas,  qb Cali,  speed and wr Fla.  This is a huge generalization and I know this.  Their are exceptions to all.  It is a rather genuine feel.   You could argue Penns. with qb's or Fla with rb.  But all in all I feel prety comfortable with this generalization.
Texas  
#18 | 2646 days ago

Puha23 wrote:
In general if you want rb Texas,  qb Cali,  speed and wr Fla.  This is a huge generalization and I know this.  Their are exceptions to all.  It is a rather genuine feel.   You could argue Penns. with qb's or Fla with rb.  But all in all I feel prety comfortable with this generalization.

I'll agree. Witht he exception of Vince Young, there haven't been many good QBs out of texas over the past few years.

 

There have been several RBs out of TX including the new Adrian Peterson, Cedric Benson, LT, etc that have come from TX.

Texas  
#19 | 2642 days ago
goblue! (+)

(Edited by goblue!)
WhoDey wrote:
Ever seen Two-A-Days?  Hoover High
cat wait to see them to get beat by mooney high school next season they are a defending div 4 state title holder in ohio
Ohio  
#20 | 2638 days ago

Dude honestly and truly i Think The katy Tigers are the best football team...U can say what you want but they are tough and nobody can bring them down in a game of football.

Texas  
#21 | 2614 days ago
goblue! (+)

im going with my state ohio baby!!!!
Ohio  
#22 | 2612 days ago

Representing Michigan
Michigan  
#23 | 2605 days ago

texas is the best no doubt about it have u ever been to one of those games its crazy as college
Texas  
#24 | 2604 days ago

TEXAS is good and has great fan support, but CALIFORNIA is the best football state.  California has better athletes and we have the best high school ever in De Lasale, Concord, Ca over 150 wins straight and they went out of state and beat some of the best.  Also Long Beach Poly has more players that have played in the NFL then any other high school in the US. 
California  
#25 | 2602 days ago

(Edited by Eric)
breev's-lakers wrote:
TEXAS is good and has great fan support, but CALIFORNIA is the best football state.  California has better athletes and we have the best high school ever in De Lasale, Concord, Ca over 150 wins straight and they went out of state and beat some of the best.  Also Long Beach Poly has more players that have played in the NFL then any other high school in the US. 
Well, While I will agree with you on that aspect... that's not what the poll asked. The poll didn't ask "Which state produces the most NFL talent?" Which would be this poll that you created -- WHICH STATE PRODUCES BEST FOOTBALL PLAYERS?

There are 6-9 teams  I can name off the top of my head here in North Dallas that would give a majority of the good teams in California a run for their money. Not because they have better players, but because they have better coaching.
Texas  
#26 | 2599 days ago

Eric wrote:
Well, While I will agree with you on that aspect... that's not what the poll asked. The poll didn't ask "Which state produces the most NFL talent?" Which would be this poll that you created -- WHICH STATE PRODUCES BEST FOOTBALL PLAYERS?

There are 6-9 teams  I can name off the top of my head here in North Dallas that would give a majority of the good teams in California a run for their money. Not because they have better players, but because they have better coaching.

California has more teams ranked in the top 25 every year and last year California had 4 teams finish in top 25 and Texas only had 2, Flordia had more teams than Texas with 3

California  
#27 | 2599 days ago

(Edited by Eric)
breev's-lakers wrote:

California has more teams ranked in the top 25 every year and last year California had 4 teams finish in top 25 and Texas only had 2, Flordia had more teams than Texas with 3

That's because it's the USA today doing the ranking, and they don't know what they are talking about half the time. It's also based on previous years, not current status of teams. So, when something happens in the current, and it affects the team, USA Today doesn't always know about it, therefor they can't adjust their rankings. The rankings aren't close to accurate until about week 7-8 of the season.

Also, I said "A Majority" of good teams. Not "ALL" good teams. The interpretation is up to you. I did not once say that Texas is superior to all teams in California. I said that there are a good handful of teams that would win a majority of their games vs. higher ranked California teams. Meaning, I think the top 10 of Texas would be better than the top 10 of California. But... There's no real way to prove that. So, it's all about interpretation.
Texas  
#28 | 2599 days ago

USA TODAY is the only ranking we can go by, because they have reporters in every state that actually watch alot of the games, and thats why you go by the end of the season rankings to see who was the best for that year. Hopefully in the near future more of the powers from the best states will play each other

California  
#29 | 2599 days ago

breev's-lakers wrote:

USA TODAY is the only ranking we can go by, because they have reporters in every state that actually watch alot of the games, and thats why you go by the end of the season rankings to see who was the best for that year. Hopefully in the near future more of the powers from the best states will play each other

There are over 1500 schools just in Texas... you think they can send a reporter to every game? I think not. Even if they just sent a reporter to games of the top 25 ranked teams in each state, that's still 50 reporters. 50 reporters x 50 states = 2500 reporters. The USA Today does not support that many reporters. Therefor, there is no way for their information to always be correct. They rely off of local newspapers for their data. Local newspapers hype their teams. If Team A is hyped more than Team B, then of course Team A is going to be ranked higher.
Texas  

Post a Comment   Already a user? Sign in here
Join FanIQ - It's Free
FanIQ is the ultimate free community for sports fans.
Talk sports with fans from all over - 1,649,417+ Comments
Track your game picks - 38,670,182,382+ Sports Predictions
Prove you know sports - 116,275+ Trivia Questions
Find fans of your teams - 11,453,110+ New Friends
South Carolina High School Football-Predict the 2014 finish of Region 6-A
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | HS Football, SC, SC | 6 questions asked 07/23/14
12 predictions | Last by jdk1948
South Carolina High School Football-Predict the 2014 finish of Region 5-AA
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | HS Football | 6 questions asked 07/23/14
12 predictions | Last by Marquise
South Carolina High School Football-Predict the 2014 finish of Region 2-AA
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | HS Football | 6 questions asked 07/23/14
12 predictions | Last by Marquise
South Carolina High School Football-Predict the 2014 finish of Region 3-AAA
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | HS Football | 6 questions asked 07/23/14
12 predictions | Last by Marquise
South Carolina High School Football-Predict the 2014 finish of Region 4-AAA
Asked by maroon&gold4eve | HS Football | 6 questions asked 07/23/14
12 predictions | Last by Marquise